[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Boy/Game Gear peripherals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: handyboy.jpg (19 KB, 405x358) Image search: [Google]
handyboy.jpg
19 KB, 405x358
Anyone have any memories with getting those magnifiers/lights back in the day? It really did improve the gameboy experience quite a bit, as dated as it looks.

Was there ever such a thing for the Game Gear too? Everyone knows the TV tuner of course.
>>
I remember feeling like the joystick was a big help for Link's Awakening, and or course playing in the dark while your parents were sleeping was a huge novelty back then, but in retrospect it was kind of a trashy peripheral. I soon moved on to just using the Worm Light exclusively.
>>
>>3248968
How much did that behemoth weigh? Never used it back in the day.
>>
File: superwidegear.jpg (43 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
superwidegear.jpg
43 KB, 800x600
>>3248968
yeah, the official one was the super/wide gear. and the super was fully shrouded, there were a few third party lens only ones. there was also the battery pack, and the power back.

https://web.archive.org/web/20151117100012/http://sega.jp/fb/segahard/gg/peri.html
>>
>>3249108
About 1.5 pounds. So you can't play it considering you can't lift.
>>
File: gameboycamera.jpg (31 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
gameboycamera.jpg
31 KB, 250x250
>>
>>3249156
The shroud actually makes sense, ugly as it may be. Since the Game Gear was already backlit, the shroud would have kept the sun from interfering with visibility.
>>
The real irony of attachment peripherals for portable systems is that they take away the portability that makes the systems attractive in the first place.
>>
File: 8lvudVO.jpg (90 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
8lvudVO.jpg
90 KB, 800x585
>>3248968
>this isn't even my final form
>>
>>3252149
Da fuq
>>
>>3252149
Why.
>>3251086
I remember they were going to transfer pack that into Perfect Dark so you could shoot yourself/friends in the face but they pussed out for some reason.
>>
>>3252149
What does that thing even do, add a battery pack?
>>
>>3251086
I'd say the printer was much stranger than the camera.
>>
>>3253427

Yes, along with adding speakers, a magnifying glass and a frontlight. May as well post this video, since most of the people ITT are referencing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDF4T5X6tZM

>>3253423

>tfw Colombine killed the Game Boy Camera
>>
>>3253450
Oh god why are they so big?
I miss the 90's
Smash dat mf like
>>
File: rockies-training-033016-002-XL.jpg (91 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
rockies-training-033016-002-XL.jpg
91 KB, 512x768
>>3249907
Holy fuck
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.