[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
besides harvest moon, what are the comfiest psx games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10
besides harvest moon, what are the comfiest psx games?
>>
Final Fantasy 9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9hPegRaMRk
>>
Silent Hill. Reminds me of when we were fleeing Milosevic, and the bombings and air sirens GOD I miss Yugoslavia so much guys.
>>
File: iq-blocks.jpg (47 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
iq-blocks.jpg
47 KB, 800x600
Intelligent qube

The eeriest yet most beautiful puzzler out there. Running around on some huge puzzling monolith floating in a seemingly endless sea of blackness while an orchestra swells and crashes in the background. I could play this game for eternity even though I suck and always die on level 5.

Also, Jumping Flash and Treasures of the Deep.
>>
File: Jumping_Flash 2_Pal.jpg (55 KB, 466x458) Image search: [Google]
Jumping_Flash 2_Pal.jpg
55 KB, 466x458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB-HpRs9iXo
>>
File: manatree.jpg (119 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
manatree.jpg
119 KB, 500x355
Legend of Mana. Nothing more comfy than coming home to some freshly grown fruit.
>>
>>3248615
>nobody ever talks about harvest moon
>some guy clones it on PC for steam
>sells amazing
>threads about harvest moon every day
What are you trying to prove here?
I dont understand you people.
Is it salt?
Is it shitposting?
>>
>>3249092

People have always cared about Harvest Moon, it's a kind of niche, but beloved franchise.

That Steam game already got past its FOTM phase and nobody is talking about it anymore, nobody will remember it in a year just like undertale, fastest dying fanbase ever
>>
>>3249095
>People have always cared about Harvest Moon
Bull fucking shit.
It was a fun game and everyone left it at that.
There was never anyone praising it.
I know for a fact that sales of the clone and the constant shitposting are made from teenagers,which makes you coming here and talking about harvest moon teen contrarian.
Every day to post about "forgotten niche game that somebody cloned" in order to state something is plain stupid and I wonder why I coming to this play to argue over this kind of shit.
I will just leave the thread god dammit you people.
>>
>>3249113
bro,
i made this thread because i had just hacked my psp that i dug out of my closet for emulation. i was excited to play some old games that i enjoyed in my youth, such as harvest moon, as well as other games i missed at the time.

you sound crazy, bro. maybe you should take the night to meet up with friends and have a couple drinks. you could use it.
>>
File: 9454_front.jpg (61 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
9454_front.jpg
61 KB, 640x640
>>3248615
>>
File: 61y1CWEPQAL._SX425_.jpg (49 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
61y1CWEPQAL._SX425_.jpg
49 KB, 425x425
>>
>>3249113
I'm a harvest moon fan, and I have been once since HM64.My relationship with it is akin to that of an older married couple - we know we love each other, and there's no need to actually say it all the time.
>>
>>3249113
why are you angry
>>
>>3249113
get this hothead out of here
>>
>>3249113
Alright, let's just say you were right because this argument happens here all the time.

Who cares?

In the end, they're still appreciating and rediscovering something you used to love. If anything, you should be happy younger people are able to enjoy the things you did. How can you actually complain about someone liking something at the "wrong" time or for the "wrong" reason when it's objectively the same exact thing you played yourself? How can you not get excited at something you enjoy getting picked up and becoming relevant again?
>>
File: tumblr_n0161phexk1s51c1mo6_1280.jpg (252 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0161phexk1s51c1mo6_1280.jpg
252 KB, 1280x720
spyro games are comfy to a t
>>
>>3250216
Spyro had such a weird and mystical atmosphere and color palette which hasn't been replicated since, as far as I'm aware.

Not sure why, considering colors are universal.
>>
>>3250261
i think it's just the strange vaguely persian, vaguely west european architecture. i think the lack of context in general is what makes it so mystical and almost psychedelic
>>
>>3249092
If Rune Factory 4 got ported to the PC, it would've used Stardew Valley's corpse to fertilize weeds.
>>
>>3250559
>Rune Factory 4
nah, pixel art is much more hip than animu.
>>
>>3250216
Winrar. Spyro 2 especially. Those hub worlds...
>>
FF8, probably the thing it does the best is it's comffy atmosphere at places like Balamb Garden and Fisherman's Horizon.

>>3248875
The overall atmosphere of that game felt more tense/ominous than relaxing, atleast to me anyway.
>>
Team Buddies is pretty comf
>>
They are all untranslated japanese-only games.

Or https://warosu.org/vr/thread/S2092762
>>
>>3249113
>There was never anyone praising it.
Just because you weren't paying attention, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

>I will just leave the thread god dammit you people.
Better yet, leave the board.
>>
File: Tomba.jpg (338 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Tomba.jpg
338 KB, 1024x768
Comfy Level: MAX
>>
File: boku.jpg (204 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
boku.jpg
204 KB, 640x480
also boku if you speak weebaneez
>>
>>3252009
This. Tomba is a gem.
>>
Boku No Natsuyasumi
MOON: Remix RPG Adventure
Mega Man Legends
Tail Concerto
Chrono Cross
Bomberman Fantasy Race
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
Side by Side Special
Fuuraiki
London Seirei Tantei-dan
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Tomba!
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Tail of the Sun
Ape Escape
My Garden
Charumera
Suikoden
Breath of Fire IV
>>
File: 1329971844507.jpg (25 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1329971844507.jpg
25 KB, 600x600
Klonoa comes to mind pretty quickly.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.