[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nintendo fanboys will unironically defend this Shit on 32X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 17
File: failure.jpg (11 KB, 200x205) Image search: [Google]
failure.jpg
11 KB, 200x205
>Nintendo fanboys will unironically defend this
Shit on 32X all you want, at least it didn't make you go blind.
>>
>>3248084
It's better as long as you play virtual boy games on an emulator

VB Wario land and galactic pinball are still GOAT
>>
>>3248084

What if I enjoy both the 32X (for its Space harrier, After burner and other Sega arcade ports) and the Virtual Boy (for WarioLand, Teleroboxer, Jack Bros, Gundam)?

Am I a Segatendo fanboy to you?
>>
>Nintendo is so ashamed of the 32x that they won't re-release any for the 3DS

screaming-frog.avi
>>
>>3248096
>I like everything!
Nobody cares, kiddo.
>>
>>3248084
The legs
are on
FUCKING
BACKWARDS

WHY DO PEOPLE FUCKING DO THIS

THE NINTENDO BADGE IS SUPPOSED TO /FACE YOU/
>>
>>3248139

Not everything, I'm not going to play shit like Doom on 32X, or Waterworld on 32X.

I see you're mad that I broke your scheme OP, hehe.
>>
>>3248145
I'm not OP.
>>
File: VBWL-Demon_Head_Screenshot.png (7 KB, 384x224) Image search: [Google]
VBWL-Demon_Head_Screenshot.png
7 KB, 384x224
>>3248160

Sure thing
>>
>>3248163
Why are Nintendo fans so tinfoil on this board? We have a person that cries "Australia-kun" whenever someone doesn't like certain SNES games.
>>
>>3248165

But I also like the 32X for what little it offered.

Paranoid much, OP?
>>
File: Tempo (32X) (JU) [!]_022.gif (13 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
Tempo (32X) (JU) [!]_022.gif
13 KB, 320x224
>>3248186

Well, get over it, I like stuff, what you gonna do about it? Cry like a big baby?
>>
>>3248206

Pretty sure nobody on this board cares about what you like/not like, also.

I'm going to keep posting 32X and VB images in your thread if you don't mind, OP.
>>
>>3248165
Go back to >>>/v/
>>
>>3248210
Damn that looks sick as fuck
>>
>>3248210
>Gundam
What kind of autistic loser is into mecha garbage?
>>
>>3248230
Can you fuck off and go shit up another board, you absolute tryhard?
>>
OP is so fucking mad right now
>>
>>3248241
>LOL U MAD

Repeatedly saying it won't make it come true, you know.
>>
File: mh60xz.jpg (51 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mh60xz.jpg
51 KB, 800x600
>tfw no one helped me make this
>>
>>3248260

You would probably have better luck directly asking on the VBplanet forum.
>>
>>3248084
Still a worthless console but I didn't think it was nearly as eye straining as people say it is. If it had a strap it would have been fine.
>>
>>3248084
Post a single instance of someone getting tangible eye damage from a VB.

That's right, you can't. Because it's just a bunch of fucking LEDs reflected off a mirror.
>>
>>3248260
I don't understand the directions on the site at all.
>>
File: [v] celeb drama.png (1 MB, 1156x1628) Image search: [Google]
[v] celeb drama.png
1 MB, 1156x1628
>>3248215
I haven't been browsing /vr/ for very long but if you think it has any less shitposting you're delusional. Only less tabloids.
>>
>>3248529
go away
>>
>>3248142
Shit! That's right. School's out.
>>
>>3248505
Actually there is no really comfortable way to wear it without straps that dig into your skull or devices that try to pull your forehead down. It's just not doable. It's too heavy for any sort of helmet to hold it up and you would really need it anchored to your goddamn shoulders. I like to lay on my back with the unit laying on my face and the legs on my chest holding it up.

For added effect do this under a blanket after a few bong hits.

I really feel like the virtual boy had potential, I just don't think anyone wanted to buy it. I mean for fucks sake it has a link cable port and NO GAMES support it. Warioland, telero boxer and I'm sure like another game are pretty rad. Sadly I think it clobbers the 32X right in its asshole.
>>
>>3248257
He made you respond tho
>>
File: Wario-Land-3DS.png (222 KB, 600x528) Image search: [Google]
Wario-Land-3DS.png
222 KB, 600x528
>>3248084
>mfw The only good VB game will never be re-released for the 3DS
>>
I played my virtual boy almost every day and I never got headaches and my vision never suffered. I have 20/15 vision, which is better than perfect.

I also only played the virtual boy because it was all I had to play when my brothers were playing the consoles. I don't think it was particularly good, I just think people flip too much shit over it.
>>
>>3248145
OMG how could I have been so wrong, you like a bunch of shit but there is still something you don't like your taste is so refined, you proved your point m8, my apologies.
>>
File: 3d-vision2-header-011614.png (182 KB, 940x300) Image search: [Google]
3d-vision2-header-011614.png
182 KB, 940x300
>>3248084
I play virtualboy games via mednafen with my shutter glasses.
>>
>>3248230
It's better than getting into Shounen garbage that's for sure.
>>
>>3249557
I've been trying to play this in RetroArch with Google Cardboard. IDK what controller to use because of that other D-Pad
>>
>>3248523
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=LED+eye+damage

You can read as many studies as you like.
>>
I've never heard a single person ever defend thr Virtual Boy. Was that a think on this board once? People defending the Virtual Boy?

Hell, as far as I can tell, no one can even get the story of its creation right. It was either the project that force Yokoi to quit because of its failure, or it was a going away concept that Yokoi gave them when he retired from Nintendo, but they made the Alpha version proof of concept instead of developing the idea.
>>
>>3249609
there's no good controller to play VB except the real thing, same as N64
>>
>>3249803
>map left d-pad to wasd
>map right d-pad to pl;'
>map b and a to left alt and right alt
done and done
>>
>>3249765
>Hell, as far as I can tell, no one can even get the story of its creation right. It was either the project that force Yokoi to quit because of its failure, or it was a going away concept that Yokoi gave them when he retired from Nintendo, but they made the Alpha version proof of concept instead of developing the idea.
It's the same contradiction former Sega employees give regarding the 32X. Kalinske claims it was an idea Sega Enterprises forced unto Sega of America to extend the Genesis' lifespan, while the actual Japanese people claim that it was always an American idea. No one wants to take responsibility for what was obviously a bad idea in hindsight.
>>
>>3249832
I thought it was confirmed that Saturn was kept in secrecy in Japan while America was given the greenlight for making the 32X.
>>
>implying any human being with some brains would defend the 32x or the VB
>>
>>3249843
There's probably some truth to it, but the 32X was always marketed as a "poor man's 32-bit console". The official story I heard was that Sega Enterprises' President at the time made the 32X to compete with the Jaguar.
>>
>>3249843
All we know for certain is that SEGA's fall came from SEGA of Japan and SEGA of America hating each other and the former purposely spiting the later to keep them "in line", with disastrous results.
>>
>>3248084
Virtual Boy was released way before it was ready, it might not have even been ready at all but they wanted to get some new hardware out. I mean, color pallete aside I will say that the graphics actually seem pretty nice, it was a fair bit more powerful than the gameboy.

Virtual Reality is a shit idea, though, I can't wait for the current VR trend to flop.
>>
>>3249875
>it was a fair bit more powerful than the gameboy.

It was much more powerful than the Game Boy, the Virtual Boy has a 32-bit NEC V810 CPU, it's the same one as the NEC PC-FX.
>>
>>3249875
Its going to hyper flop because those of us who remember the original vr trend are it target audience and we ain't falling for that shit twice.
>>
>>3249871
>Sega Enterprises' President at the time made the 32X to compete with the Jaguar.
hey, it won!
>>
the store I was at was a KB toys and they made us strap it to our head so it wouldn't fall over, anyways while I was playing tennis a man came up and started fondling my bum and pulled up my shirt then he rubbed something big and warm on my back, it was wet but only felt like a couple drops of something, and all i could do was stand there and yell for help

they never caught him because i didn't get a look at him, stupid vr was stuck to my head
>>
>>3249928
Was anyone seriously looking forward to the Jaguar when it launched? Atari lost a lot of good will from consumers and retailers after the crash and how they handled the 7800 and Lynx and most of the early Jaguar games received poor reviews.
>>
>>3250173
Yeah, I thought it was cool that Atari was attempting a comeback, but they handled it so horribly that I never ended up buying one.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-07-13-14h56m38s66.png (569 KB, 994x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-07-13-14h56m38s66.png
569 KB, 994x720
>>3248230
What exactly are you implying, anon?
>>
File: 1399364939764.jpg (9 KB, 210x200) Image search: [Google]
1399364939764.jpg
9 KB, 210x200
>>3249928

nice
>>
>>3248084
>Nintendo fanboys will unironically defend this
No I won't
>>
>>3248098
how would nintendo be ashamed of something it had literally no involvement with
>>
>>3248084

If it had been

1. full color

2. capable of plugging into the N64 as an external display device

it really might've been something cool. Loads of N64 games were already optimized for 2x or x4 rendering, for splitscreen. It wouldn't have taken that much work to make them VR compatible.
>>
>>3250410
ya blew it
>>
>>3249958
Kek anon
>>
>>3250418

Why? If they left out the half assed 32 bit onboard hardware it would have been much cheaper, and they only had to wait a few years more for the price of blue and green LEDs to fall within reason. This is all in hindsight of course, but if they planned it as a premium N64 peripheral all along it would've been at most $150.
>>
>>3250410
I think the lack of color had more to do with the refresh rate or something? Although if it was using a console as well maybe it could have worked out, neat idea though. If such a thing existed I'd probably have bought it
>>
>>3250410
if they made it full color it would've been way too expensive
>>
>>3250440

At the time the VB was being planned, that's true. Red LEDS were comparatively much cheaper than blue and green, but that didn't remain true for much longer.
>>
I dont want to be mean, but I think Yokoi deserved to be fired for the Virtual Boy in spite of designing the Game Boy, and whoever designed the Wii U deserves to be fired, or punished with an irrelevant job, which is what happened to Ken Kutaragi after his fuck up with the PS3 in spite of designing the PS1, 2 and the soundchip of the SNES.
>>
>>3250438
>I think the lack of color had more to do with the refresh rate or something?

No, it wasn't an inherent limitation of the display technology but rather a conscious design decision to omit blue and green LEDs due to how expensive they were at the time by comparison with red.
>>
>>3250447
You're in luck. The VB designer was murdered in an "accident" and the Wii U designer died of cancer.
>>
>>3250447

Can it really be blamed on him if the release and development were rushed by higher Nintendo suit?

Either way, he did the Game Boy Pocket (which was a successful redesign that carried the GB until the GBC came out) as a "final gift" to Nintendo before he resigned on his own and went on to create the WonderSwan.
>>
>>3250457

I don't think Iwata was on the R&D department.
>>
>>3250460
He was the driving force behind DS, Wii, 3DS, Wii U and NX.
>>
File: LEGS.jpg (441 KB, 1493x1117) Image search: [Google]
LEGS.jpg
441 KB, 1493x1117
>>3248692
You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>3250464

What do you mean "driving force"? Iwata was the CEO of Nintendo, not the WiiU's designer.
It's like attributing the Game Boy design to Yamauchi.
>>
>>3250895
I'm 27 years old. This is my Virtual Boy from childhood. They've never gone the other way. The instructions state the system can become off balance the opposite way and fall backwards if you push it upwards too far.

You're the only underage dumbass here. You got proven wrong and responded with a meme.
>>
File: 2720100-vb+start.jpg (206 KB, 490x653) Image search: [Google]
2720100-vb+start.jpg
206 KB, 490x653
>>3250895
It's okay, underaged have never owned a virtual boy, I know you're young.

Here's a safety booklet screenshot.

When you play the VB, you lean into it. If the legs are on backwards, and someone potentially leans too far, becomes disoriented/forgets about the legs (which happens after about 5 minutes of being immersed in the VB), they could potentially push too far or make the wrong movement and the VB would go up on its legs, could slip, or slide forward or fall back.

Basically, operate the fucking VB exactly like it says or shows, because the thing barely stands as it is.

For the future, calling people underage is just a retarded /b/ thing. Fuck off with that.
>>
>>3251091
Enjoy your ban you stupid fucking moron.

The legs are on backwards.
>>
File: 000000000.jpg (79 KB, 469x400) Image search: [Google]
000000000.jpg
79 KB, 469x400
>>3251091
>when you go to these extremes to argue who's the "kid" on an anonymous oriental imageboard

Um, okay? You sure are hairy aren't you...(guess that's where all the hair on your head went?)
>>
File: IMG_7445.jpg (4 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7445.jpg
4 MB, 4000x3000
>>3251128
Nope. Full head of hair. Body hair is nuts. I really don't like it, but fags like you dig it. Also, ban me for this image.
>>
>>3251138
>>3251142
What the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>3251147
The same problem that brings you back here.
>>
>>3251142
Do you only post risque pics for us underage, or for anyone?
>>
>>3251174
>>3251214
How is this fucking idiot not banned? what the fuck is wrong with the /vr/ mods.
>>
>>3251229
/vr/'s only mod is a normalfag, he won't be back till tomorrow to delete the next Overrated Games General and then leave again for 24 hours.
>>
>>3249759
>The authors of this article came to this conclusion based on an experiment that exposed human retinal cells to 5 mW per cm2 of light from an LED for 12 hr. This equates to staring at a 100-W-equivalent light bulb from four inches away for 12 hr.
Light at that intensity and duration would likely damage anyone’s retinas and is one reason parents tell kids not to stare at the sun. And if scientists ever do discover a real danger from LEDs, future LEDs can be tuned to emit a spectrum of light similar to that from ordinary incandescent bulbs
>>
I don't think anyone seriously defends the Virtual Boy.

I mean it was sort of neat when it came out but it doesn't have much of worth to play and the red and black hurt to look at for extended periods of time.
>>
>>3251246
This stupid shitposter who keeps posting pictures of his body needs to be banned from /vr/ permanently. He has no interest in posting here.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.