[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /vr/ like Paperboy? Do you personally find difficult? Which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: paperboy.jpg (145 KB, 477x462) Image search: [Google]
paperboy.jpg
145 KB, 477x462
Does /vr/ like Paperboy? Do you personally find difficult? Which is your favorite version of the game?
>>
I love Paperboy, I do find it difficult, and I'm pretty sure I played it the most on NES which ultimately made it my favorite version, for better or worse.
>>
Never beat the second week, N64 had the best game.
>>
*seinfeld slap bass starts playing*
>>
Every single time Cinemassacre posts a video, someone has to start a thread about it as if it were their original thought. And the reply is always "oh no, I didn't see it, its just a coincidence"

Hope you sleep well at night knowing you have zero ability to think for yourself
>>
We had Paperboy 2 on the genesis growing up. It was one of the few videogames my sister would play with me.

>>3246410
Who mentioned cinemassacre? Settle down sperg.
>>
>>3246427
That's the point. Did you even read his post?
>>
i never had a console but laaater on around the 2000's i got my hands on a emulator that had paperboy 2 and i loved that shit with the zombies ate my neighbors and boogerman
>>
>>3246410
Speaking of which, I thought James' arguments were kinda stupid. It isn't that difficult to aim once you get used to the controls and it isnt that difficult to dodge the obstacles either (at least not like in Silver Surfer, which he compared Paperboy with).

The game is supposed to be very challenging, there's no bullshit in it.
>>
>>3246335
like\hate it. it should be fun, but is far too difficult to progress. perhaps I'm a babby, but the viewpoint makes lining up your shots hard, and the hazards are tough to avoid at the same time . 16 bit paper boy is an expensive joke.
>>
>>3246481
All of the stuff AVGN rants about are usually just funny observations anyway taken over the top
>>
>>3246490
He does usually bring good points when he isn't talking about the difficulty, specifically.
>>
>>3246481
Definitely agree. I think he needs to retire AVGN at some point, I feel like he's reaching with some of the last few
>>
>>3246410
For a start, I don't watch whatever the fuck Cinemassacre is. I played this game on gameboy when I was a kid and only recently did I learn it was one of many different versions of an arcade original, so I thought it would be worth discussing on /vr/. Jesus christ you people need to stop getting your panties in a bunch every time something you know about coincidentally referenced. The world doesn't revolve around you faggot.
>>
>>3246427
>We had Paperboy 2 on the genesis growing up. It was one of the few videogames my sister would play with me.
What is it about Paperboy 2 being a chick game? I've noticed girls really like playing it.
>>
>>3246534
And yet his point still stands. You can correlate several /vr/ OPs making threads about games within hours of a Cinemassacre upload and it gets pretty damn hard to believe that every single time is a complete coincidence.

AVGN 140 Paperboy, May 26 2016 - this thread

Last dedicated thread about Paperboy was May 21 2016, which actually IS a coincidence because before that it was October 27 2013.
Win Lose or Draw, May 25 2016 - https://desustorage.org/vr/thread/3243747/ also from May 25 2016

There has never been a dedicated Win Lose or Draw thread on /vr/.

Pinball, May 18 2016 - https://desustorage.org/vr/thread/3229919 thread from May 20 2016

There has also never been a dedicated NES Pinball thread on /vr/

But yeah, coincidence, right?
>>
Atari's arcade division always tried to innovate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kGYicUWbJk
I love the music in their older games.
>>
>>3246617

Pinball thread OP here.
I already told you that it was indeed a coincidence (notice how, unlike the other threads you mention, mine was NOT made the same day of the Cinemassacre video).
I already told you I made it because an anon pointed out how to get NES games with codes on AC on the Wario's Woods thread, and I got hooked on Pinball which I haven't played since my childhood.

There may be some times when people post the same games as Cinemassacre videos (the "Win Lose or Draw" is pretty obvious, nobody would talk about that game out of the blue and it was posted the same day as the video, so it's clearly not a coincidence), but that wasn't my case, you're just getting paranoid at this point.
>>
>>3246639
Well now, there's two of you saying it's a total coincidence. What are the odds of that, then?

And that's just this fucking week.
>>
>>3246640

Maybe you care too much. I'm saying that yes, some of those are obviously made because of Cinemassacre, but not in my case, I didn't even make the thread the same day the video was uploaded, like all the other threads on your list, so spare me a little at least.
>>
Like clockwork
>>
>>3246643
Just get it over with and sperg out with your typical "well how would YOU know it was just on Cinemassacre unless you watch it huh?!" bullshit
>>
>>3246849

Look, I'm not saying you're wrong about the e-celeb shitpostin, but you're aiming at the wrong nigga.
>>
>>3246335
Game fucking sucks.
>>
>>3246872
I know right AVGN rulez dude I also saw the ep.
>>
File: Paperboy_title.gif (40 KB, 642x402) Image search: [Google]
Paperboy_title.gif
40 KB, 642x402
not any of you mother fucking faggets.
i was literally playing this on FCE Ultra GX (Wii Nes Emulator) the other night i forgot just how much fun (difficult) this actually is... maybe im just outta practice

i used to play on Nes back in the day and also on C64 and i believe i found the game easier on C64 whether this is an easier port o the game or the fact that i actually used a joystick instead of a controller

but yeh anyway... quit fucking arguing you faggets

good game
>>
>>3246335
Yeah it's a difficult game to be sure.
>>
>>3246408
Heh
>>
File: 1458418668909.jpg (102 KB, 680x966) Image search: [Google]
1458418668909.jpg
102 KB, 680x966
>>3246410

>mfw I was finishing watching that episode and saw this thread in the catalog

I like James but you're right, it's always like that. The last time I saw that was with Seaman, someone created a thread about it right after the episode being released
>>
a paperboy thread with more than 10 replies? holy damn

i loved both of them on sega genesis. rented them so much growing up. i love just trying to hit everyone/windows with the papers. #yolo
>>
>>3246410
Pretty sure it is a meme at this point, with people not making these threads because seeing the video made them want to genuinely discuss it or anything, but rather to do so ironically out of a "hurrdurr look at me, im an eceleb parroting kiddie im so dumb, what a gas," fake shilling (like the Retro 5), or just because they know the reactions it'll get from people who realize a thread about a specific game was immediately posted after a YouTube video was made about it.
>>
>>3247297
>just because they know the reactions it'll get from people who realize a thread about a specific game was immediately posted after a YouTube video was made about it.

Bingo. If something gets a genuine reaction from people here, it will be posted eventually, and multiple times too
>>
>Which is your favorite version of the game?

Paperboy 1 Amiga.
>>
>>3248127

Fuck off australia-kun
>>
Yeah, James did just do an episode on Paperboy, but is that such a bad thing?

It's spurring discussion on a game we don't normally talk about.

And Arcade is my favorite version
>>
>>3246410
Ahahahahahahahhahaahhaahahaahhaha
>>
>>3246335
>AVGN posts a video about a game that is never mentioned on /vr/
>suddenly a thread about said game

I want underage to leave.
>>
>>3248167
I love the FM music in the arcade version.
>>
>>3246617
That's cuz we have discussed nes pinball in many threads before. Maybe not a dedicated one. But I have talked about it on this board before.
>>
>>3246617
Jesus you have a lot of time on your hands. Get out more.
>>
>>3247038
What's wrong with that?
Someone sees video about a game that looks interesting and they want to talk about it. What else do you expect on a video game forum?
>>
>>3246536
Girls like power. A guy who is financially stable with a job and has his own mode of transportation is a huge turn on for them.
>>
>>3248383
>>3248367
> defending and justifying bait threads

You're the cancer ruining this board.
>>
>>3246481
>>3246506

You guys do realize that it's all a joke?

James doesn't even play video games.
>>
File: x2Fqaqh.gif (11 KB, 216x216) Image search: [Google]
x2Fqaqh.gif
11 KB, 216x216
I find it boring and dumb.
>>
>>3246490

James and Pat don't actually play video games
>>
>you'll never hang out with Mike and play Paperboy in your underwear
>>
File: 3205tbN.jpg (265 KB, 750x550) Image search: [Google]
3205tbN.jpg
265 KB, 750x550
>>3248869
No one said they did. Them playing games was never in question here and no one really cares. OP not having their own thoughts and relying on eceleb suggestions was the concern.

Reading is hard.
>>
>>3248953
How the fuck would you know what he does off camera?
>>
>>3248701
How is discussing a retro video game cancer?
You came here, added nothing to the topic or board other than sone shit about avgn and try to derail a thread about a valid by the board rules retro game and you are calling the people wanting to discuss it cancer.

>you might be the stupidest motherfucker on this board.
>>
>>3249525

>autism:thepost
>>
>>3249525
Fuck off, cancer.
>>
>>3249525
Are you retarded?
>>
>>3250219
>>3249737
>>3249637

Obvious samefagging
>>
>>3250237
>doesn't know how to check for samefag

Outsider cancer, get out.
>>
File: CClol.jpg (69 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
CClol.jpg
69 KB, 640x640
Still great to this day.
>>
>>3250256
Go ahead and tell us how to check for samefag, anon :).
>>
>>3250331
>please spoonfeed me
>>
I've tried to get good at paperboy years ago; I also remember when my Aunt had Paperboy 2. I was bad at both. Did like the music for both, though.
>>
>>3250336
I know you wouldn't. Know why? Because there isn't a way to check for Samefag outside of becoming a moderator. So get your ass pinned down and plugged by daddy.

If you are so confident that you can expose samefag, point out all three of my posts in this thread.
>>
>>3250313
Premium Rush: the video game
>>
>>3250347
>>3250336
>>
What a fucking shitfest of a thread, well done /vr/.
>>
>>3250393
What does a grasshopper have to do with anything? LOL SO EPIC RANDAOM GRASSHOPPER XD
>>
File: 1430548597628.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1430548597628.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>3250467

Please tell me you're just pretending to be retarded.
>>
Paperboy is fun and challenging. Avgn even said it was a classic in the beginning of his video. I personally think avgn helps bring back the fun and absurd humor in video games in an era where people take shit way too seriously
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.