[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they fuck it up so badly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Mortal_kombat_annihilation.jpg (37 KB, 300x473) Image search: [Google]
Mortal_kombat_annihilation.jpg
37 KB, 300x473
How did they fuck it up so badly?
>>
>>3246415
Whoa. Different anon. You should calm down. Its not like >>3244824 came off as a total ass, just stating a point. I will agree with OP. I loved the first one, but the second one was Sci-fi channel tier. I still liked most of the fight scenes, but that cgi and dialogue was atrocious.
>>
>>3246415
this is my favorite pasta

MK is the best vidya movie. Even the creators liked it so much they incorporated the ideas from it into the game's lore. Not many series can say the same.
>>
>>3246494

Double Dragon did it TWICE.

Street Fighter did it three times.
Hell, four if you count the Marvel series.

Mega Man did it with it's anime.

Pokemon does this every year. Especially with the current series being a great sidestory to the Kalos games.

Digimon did it.

Final Fantasy did it.

The list goes on, man...
>>
Well, it's JUST like the games. Thousand of stupid characters with cheap designs and effects in a stupid plot that makes no sense and mix alien centaurs with robot ninjas.
The first one was just an awesome martial arts movie inspired by the first game.

>>3246542
>Hell, four if you count the Marvel series.
Malibu, not Marvel.
>>
>>3246494
>Even the creators liked it so much they incorporated the ideas from it into the game's lore.

That happens a lot though.
>>
>>3244817
Bad actors, mostly. The story is essentially what you'd expect from a post-MK3 standpoint (which is to say pants-on-head retarded) so no criticism of any real worth there. But yeah, that acting is fucking bad.
>>
File: raccoon-face.jpg (94 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
raccoon-face.jpg
94 KB, 1024x768
I liked Annihilation as a kid and I still like it today as an adult. I thought they represented the characters well (save for Cage), the action was good, the effects not bad, and the acting was cheesy, but it's not lose-your-shit bad like everyone says it is.

I loved Sindel in this movie. I don't get all the hate for her one line and I don't get the hate for the movie. It's a fuckin' MK movie from the 90s. It was fun, it's still fun.
>>
>>3246552

Pretty sure the X-Men was never a Malibu franchise, son. I know you're pretending to be old enough to post here but there's literally an X-Men movie coming out this weekend. How could you NOT know it's a Marvel thing?
>>
>>3244817
it was hilariously bad at least
>>
>>3246665
But he is talking about Street Fighter, not X-Men.
>>
Annihilation is brilliant trash cinema.
Put it on with The Room and Troll 2 and you have a great night of laughter and fun.
>>
>>3247423
>Put it on with The Room and Troll 2
Opinion discarded, ironic hipster b0i.
>>
>>3247854
Underage faggot is what he is
>>
>>3244817

By basing it on a terrible game, the first two mk games had great lore. But if you look at the first movie is painfully obvious that they couldnt wait to make a movie about the earth invasion.

(the mk2 story was really just shoehorned into the first movie)

You base a movie on a bad game you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
File: sfmka1.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1669) Image search: [Google]
sfmka1.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1669
>>3244817
I don't know, they seemed very confident and proud of it. Check this out.
>>
File: sfmka2.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1669) Image search: [Google]
sfmka2.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1669
>>3250524
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.