[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm trying Gunstar Heroes for the first time... Is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: GSH.png (52 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
GSH.png
52 KB, 638x479
So I'm trying Gunstar Heroes for the first time... Is this weapon combination, or any with homing I guess, meant to be overpowered as fuck? Or is it just because I'm playing on Normal Mode. So I go up a level for more of a challenge?
>>
>>3244658
>Or is it just because I'm playing on Normal Mode. So I go up a level for more of a challenge?
this
>>
>>3244658
when you're done
play Mischief makers 64
same sense of humour but more of a puzzler, it's another original platformer from Treasure
>>
>>3244658
The homing laser is too weak to use on expert mode.

I'd recommend the sword instead since it's the strongest and destroys bullets.

Double flame is better for clearing screens tho
>>
>>3244658
Lightning-Chaser is a god weapon on normal, but complete shit on hard.
>>
>>3245139
Tried it. Stopped at the level where you guide a rocket. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get an A-time. Was pissing me off. Forgot about it.

>>3245002
>>3245149
>>3245150
Okay. Makes me wonder why they'd make a weapon and then make it useless beyond Normal Mode. Couldn't they have nerfed it's attack AND speed or something so it could still be viable? I know it'd be useless for Gunstar Blue.
>>
>>3246498
>Okay. Makes me wonder why they'd make a weapon and then make it useless beyond Normal Mode.
I suspect it's in there as Gunstar Heroes' "easy mode" option for players who are having too rough of a time. It makes Normal's difficulty non-existent, whereas the "meat" of the game is playing without it.

Not that I don't "scrub" it up and use it whenever I casually play. It's too fun and I don't care enough to git gud - Alien Soldier is for that.
>>
>>3244658
Anything homing is pretty weak, really.
Laser/vulcan is my favourite, not the strongest but it's easy to score hits no matter where you and the baddies are on the screen.
>>
>>3246570
One of the main developers actually wasn't skilled enough to beat the game on the normal difficulty without using the homing laser, and so they actually gave it a pet name after him.

It's not an "Expert" weapon
>>
>>3246570
>>3246734
>>3246773
After finding out how weak it is, I'm going to start again and try Normal without it. Any tips? How exactly does the hand to hand combat work? All I know is how to punch and belly flop, what's throw?
>>
>>3246856
There's the ledge kick which is where you attack while dropping down or flipping on top of a ledge. You need this so you can stun Orange and dodge his shit.

Aside from that, there's triangle jumping, which is self-explanatory, and throwing which is accomplished in very close range.

The super secret attack is to throw your partner in mid-air and have them use a jump kick after being thrown, but obviously you can't use that solo unless you do some pretty funky key mapping.

Playing both characters with one controller can actually be pretty fun though.
>>
>>3246856
Throwing is basically forward and attack while at close range. It deals a mountain of damage against bosses that can be thrown.

It's so satisfying to use it to finish off Green
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.