[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SaGa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86
File: RomancingSaga2Logo.png (111 KB, 700x290) Image search: [Google]
RomancingSaga2Logo.png
111 KB, 700x290
To celebrate the western release of Romancing SaGa 2, let's have a fun thread for the SaGa franchise! All retro entries in the series are welcome.

If you don't like the fact that the game is only available on phones, I understand completely, but please don't ruin this for us.

Please report and ignore mobile whiners. Don't try to tell them off, because they won't be hearing it. Thank you!
>>
>>3244163
>Phone only
FUCKING SHIT

just kidding
probably going to start the ws remake of 1
then maybe the ds games
>>
>>3244176

Good stuff anon. If SaGa 1 is your first experience with the series, keep in mind that it's still pretty unlike the other games. Still great, though a little primitive. The DS remakes are absolutely fantastic, though.
>>
>>3244182
I got a good ways into SaGa frontier years ago and played a good chunk of the DS version of 2. I also unknowingly played some of FFL3 when I was like six, but I don't have memories of that.

I recently came across copies of Frontier 1 & 2 for $3 each at a garage sale, so I figured I should play through some of the other games to get a better idea.

I also have the RS1 translation on my SNES flashcart, but I haven't started it and was told I should just play the PS2 version anyway.
>>
Oh sweet, the English version is listed as compatible on my toaster phone which means they just region locked the JP version FOR NO REASON.

Now to wait for an APK because I'm a poorfag
>>
>>3244198
>Now to wait for an APK because I'm a poorfag
me too

i get paid tomorrow, though, so i'll probably grab it then
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-21-56.png (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-21-56.png
266 KB, 1920x1080
WE MADE IT
>>
>>3244208
ok? we got controller support?
>>
>>3244208
Thanks for that giant volume panel, it really makes the screenshot
>>
>>3244212
I heard no, but I don't have a pad to test.

>>3244227
I feel it adds a touch of artistic flair to the title screen.
>>
Anyone has a link to the apk? I kinda never pirated an android game before, but I am kinda evicted and can't afford any game until things get better. I'll definitely buy it by then, but it'd be nice to have something to play during the hard times.
>>
Which SaGa games were remade for the DS?
>>
>>3244364
FFL2 and 3 aka the gameboy 2 & 3
Note that 3 is much different than the original 3
>>
File: 11657761_p0.jpg (322 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
11657761_p0.jpg
322 KB, 800x533
>>3244328
>Anyone has a link to the apk?
At least give someone the time to upload it.

Friendly reminder to not unequip the Soul Steal mikiri until you've beaten Kujinshi, unless you like restarting your games.

And holy shit, the extra dragon bosses in the dungeons of memories are TOUGH, I got wiped out three times already by the fire one and I'm fairly positive I can beat the Seven Heroes with my current setup.
>>
I've already caught a handful of spelling/formatting/grammar errors in the text but fuck if it's gonna stop me from enjoying this game.

Still, any idea of SE will patch this at all?
>>
>>3244572
>Still, any idea of SE will patch this at all?
The option to update is there and people already sent complaints, at least in Japan, so it's possible they'll make some patch or update, the JP game's version is still listed as 1.0, don't know about the localized port.
>>
>>3244328
Uh, no need for the sob story dude.

I'm sure that if anyone of us finds it, there'll be a link up, but unfortunately I don't think apk files get dumped that fast from my experience as someone who does a lot of mobile gaming.
>>
Uh, I just remembered.

Therese is one of the archers who can spark Barrage Shot, she can do that kinda easily in the first chapter already if you have Random Arrow, you can grind the Goblin Cave in Leon's generation or the monster cave in South Varenne during Gerald's generation.

Barrage Shot is the best Bow waza and possibly the best All Target together with 残像剣(Afterimage Sword) and 月影(Moonshade), Therese is the first character in the game that can spark that, keep in mind though that the BR in RomaSaGa 2 keeps going up every time you enter a battle, regardless of whether you win or run away, so be careful.
>>
File: unnamed[1].png (558 KB, 506x900) Image search: [Google]
unnamed[1].png
558 KB, 506x900
The extra content looks kind of fun.

>fucking Victor out of nowhere
>>
File: 48971802_p0_master1200.jpg (626 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
48971802_p0_master1200.jpg
626 KB, 1000x1000
>>3244726
I seem to have missed out Victor's event or I still have to trigger it, I got into his room but there's only one of the ministers that tells me something weird happened in the room and tells me about Victor's past, I suppose it's only for the Last Emperor and not the Empress, but then again, I only just beat Kujinshi in the Sealed Cave, so maybe he'll appear further in.
I could read a guide but I don't really wanna ruin the fun.

>Onmyoji is called Diviner
>Ninja remains Ninja

Welp, I'm already reconsidering whether the localization is as good as I thought.

That said, the Maze of Memories is kinda meh and it really breaks the balance of the original game, you get quite a lot of loot and it seems to restore the treasure chest each generations albeit with different loot tables, the bosses are tough as balls though so that's a fun challenge and it's made so each floor has fixed, progressing BR enemy batches, so you can't quite powerlevel as there's steep BR scaling each two floors if I got that right, still have to find out the Dread Queen but I haven't triggered the Real Queen quest yet so I might have some more work to do.
>>
>>3244747
>Onmyoji is called Diviner
>Ninja remains Ninja
>Welp, I'm already reconsidering whether the localization is as good as I thought.
Ninja (and Samurai but eh) are words that even ultranormies know - Onmyoji is not.

Leaving one and translating the other seems to be common practice.
>>
>>3244752
>Leaving one and translating the other seems to be common practice.

Really? That's still bad though, no matter whether it's common practice or not.

Whatever, I hope for you they will at least translate the names right, since all the generics are part of a huge pool of references for those of you who don't know.
>>
>>3244754
I might be wrong - I remember Final Fantasy Tactics where Onmyoji becomes Oracle/Mystic depending on what version you are playing, Ninja... is Ninja.

I thought that Fire Emblem Fates was an example but as it turns out Diviner is the base class and Onmyoji is the promotion which is... kind of silly because they "translated" one Japanese job and not the other. And Ninjas are still Ninjas
>>
Where should i start with SaGa?
I have a DS and a SFC so i guess i can play SaGa 1&2 and RomaSaGa 1&3 in english.
>>
>>3244870
If you wanna get into the groove quickly, either SaGa Frontier or Romancing SaGa 3 are great for newcomers, otherwise, release order, especially since today all of the series's entries are finally available in english, albeit with a quite a few up and downs.

The DS remakes are great, but keep in mind that they add quite a lot of things to the original systems, and SaGa 3 DS is actually a SaGa game whereas the original GB was just a FF game posing as SaGa.
>>
Did anybody try it on Bluestacks?
>>
>>3244889
How can anybody do that if there's no apk out there to try?
>>
>>3244886
Thanks. I guess i should start with RomaSaGa 3.
I've heard the original RSG1 it's not really good to start with.
>>
>>3244893
>I've heard the original RSG1 it's not really good to start with.
Well, for its time it was surely an ambitious game and quite interesting in what it tried to do, but nowadays it's really clunky and obsolete for the series' standard, and it's rendered irrelevant by its outstanding remake.

It's a game that you either play by going through the series through release order or because you're curious to see what the PS2 remake worked on, but it's a bit hard to get into it now.
>>
>>3244892
There seems to be an apk:
apkfox.com/romancing-saga-2-v1-00-mod-money-android-apk-download/

I can't test it at the moment though.
>>
>>3244897
Oh well, that sure was fast.

You're going to be this thread's hero Anon.
>>
>>3244903
>You're going to be this thread's hero Anon
Or not! I can't guarantee it's the real deal...
>>
>>3244908
True that.
>>
>>3244897
Either he forgot the obb or I'm dumb because you can't play it without those files
>>
>>3244893
the PS2 remake is my favourite SaGa game so far, still haven't played them all though
>>
>>3244915
Getting a endless "Downloading..." screen here.
Yeah, obb is needed.
>>
>tfw never got into SaGa because I'm always afraid of fucking myself somehow

Missing shit because I overleveled is too much for me.
>>
>>3244932
Well, you only miss shit in Minstrel Song if you overlevel, in other games the worst that you'll get is making the game bullshit hard and borderline unwinnable.

Unlimited also makes it fairly hard to overlevel unless you have a Tetraforce to exploit.
>>
>>3244897
What is mod money?
>>
>>3245049
>go back and play the original.
That's the problem though.
>>
>>3245084
Unlimited money because they for some ungodly reason people can't just release a clean, untouched apk. For once it looks like the unaltered apk is actually there as well though.
>>
what is it downloading?
nothing?
shit, at this rate, ill just spend the 17.99 on it.
>>
>>3245053
Ports are kosher, fucking spastic.
>>
>>3245145
It's supposed to be downloading the OBB file from some server somewhere but it can't because it's not a legit installation of the game.
>>
>>3245167
so no go around for it?
>>
http://www.androidmobilezone.com/download/s/romancing-saga-2-mod-apk-data-100-unlimited-money
>>
Beginner question here, is there a way to restore characters' LP in RS2? In Minstrel Song you just go to an inn to do it, but nothing seems to do the trick here. I'm still at the beginning of the game, just a little after Gerard succeeds the throne.
>>
>Mod money

Oh come on, who's the sucker that needs unlimited money, the remaster makes it even easier to get enough money for fuck's sake.
Are people really this fucking casual nowadays?
>>3245246
>is there a way to restore characters' LP in RS2

You need a Life Potion.

There are three ways to get one.

Receive it as a rare drop from Red Slimes, which show up at later BR.

Pay the Witch of South Rongit 10K Crowns for one potion, however, she runs out of them after a while, and if she does before you get the Fishman Potion you lock yourself out of one quest so don't be greedy.

Each generation shift you get a few potions in your treasury.

There's an additional way of getting a Life Potion in this remaster, finding one in a tresure chest in the Maze of Memories.

Each Life Potion restores a grand total of 1 LP, so have fun with that.
>>
>>3245286

LP is that limited? Holy shit. I guess I wasn't taking this game seriously enough, haha. Fuck.
>>
I got it from here but I have no idea how legit it is since I'm still waiting for the obb to DL.

http://angsaweb.com/download-romancing-saga-2-v1-00-mod-money/

Don't click the links, copy and past them. Clicking them just redirects to ad sites.
>>
File: Best Noble.jpg (248 KB, 587x600) Image search: [Google]
Best Noble.jpg
248 KB, 587x600
>>3245306
>LP is that limited?

Yeah, have fun with spellcasters having 6 or less LPs max and the defense capabilities of wet paper on a rainy day.

>I guess I wasn't taking this game seriously enough

Nobody does on a first playthrough, don't take it too hard. You'd better be careful though, keep in mind that whatever new stuff you spark can't be taught until after a generation shift, that means that if you spark stuff on your characters, let's say James for the sake of the argument, and he dies, you have to RESPARK whatever you did spark, the teachers in the castle won't have the new waza until after a generation shift, meaning that each death can severely hinder your progress, coupled with the fact that the Battle Rank keeps going up with each encounter you'd better not have characters dying too much or your game's progression gonna get pretty uncomfortable.
>>
Are the GB games a good?
>>
>>3245371
>a good
Pardon my accidental weeb.
>>
I feel like I don't know what the fuck am I doing. I started RS3 yesterday again (I tried to play it in 2013 but got stuck in what appeared to be an unwinnable fight against... rats?), picked Ellen as the main character, and I see that everyone is learning skills in battle, but for some reason the game lets me equip them on any character? Do they work on everyone, regardless of the equipment? I also feel like I chose a bad character or something; I mean, she's doing some really good damage, but for some reason I feel that it's a trap character that is really damn good at the beginning and then in the mid-late game it becomes dead weight.
>>
>>3245309
Seems like it has some kind of copy protection because it would check my internet and then complain my credentials weren't valid. Guess we'll have to wait for a cracked APK.
>>
>>3245371

They're interesting. SaGa1 and 2 are definitely among the best JRPGs the GB has to offer. 1 has a WSC remake and 2&3 have DS remakes, though, so it's fine to just play those versions because they're better in pretty much every way.
>>
As a newcomer to Square games (i only played and finished Super Mario RPG) i would like to get into this series.

Which of the 3 SaGa games is the best one and recommended for people who want to try the series out?
>>
>>3245423
>Which of the 3 SaGa games
Man, there's loads of games more than that.

Either go in order starting from the original GB games, or start at SaGa Frontier and play some of the newer games.
>>
File: 18491859_m.png (12 KB, 391x299) Image search: [Google]
18491859_m.png
12 KB, 391x299
>>3245371
They're among the best the GB has to offer, except 3, forget 3, play the DS remake instead.
>>3245390
>but got stuck in what appeared to be an unwinnable fight against... rats?
Algernon strikes again!
>but for some reason the game lets me equip them on any character?
RomaSaGa 3 lets character "master" waza, each character has different chances of learning what they spark, once they've learned something you can equip the mastered waza on anyone, obviously like all games certain waza are embedded and locked to weapons, like Spider Net, Mouline Rouge or Dancing Sword, but once you spark them everyone can use them.
>but for some reason I feel that it's a trap character that is really damn good at the beginning and then in the mid-late game it becomes dead weight.
Ellen can be made into a solid character given the right choices of weapon and class, but as a MC she's mid tier at best, she's basically a less powerful Nora with more versatilty since you can kind of customize her in the beginning, she's a great Axe and Martial Arts user though, don't underestimate her.
>>
what do i do with this obb file?
>>
>>3245441
copy it to your data folder but the android version has an online check when you start the game to verify you own it so it craps out
>>
>>3245445
fuck

well, guess im buying it then
>>
>>3245445
ah, so that's why I keep getting the authentication failed message
>>
>people playing RomaSaga2 already
>zero screenshots

Come on, bros. I'm in the fence here.
>>
>>3245452
>>3245453
yeah, if you disable your internet or data, it just loops forever at that screen.

it seems it only checks when you start it up, afterwards, it just plays without internet.
>>
>>3245464
>>3245453
>>3245445
>Phone home muh apps
It stinks. I'll wait for the SNES weeb -translated ROM. Google NSA can eat shit.
>>
File: 1454018575053.png (1 MB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
1454018575053.png
1 MB, 960x600
>>3245463
It looks like ass and a half because it combines low-res assets with mismatched hires assets, but it's bug fixed and contains a bunch of other shit the original doesn't. It's also the only one in english.

This is a screenshot I stole from somebody else because I don't have it yet.
>>
>>3245475
or just wait for a cracked version since i'm sure somebody is already on it
>>
File: skeleton-cobwebs-waiting[1].jpg (7 KB, 207x228) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-cobwebs-waiting[1].jpg
7 KB, 207x228
>>3245475
>I'll wait for the SNES weeb -translated ROM

yeah good luck with that
>>
File: 2016-05-26-191711.jpg (180 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-26-191711.jpg
180 KB, 960x544
>>3245463
There ya go bub, fresh off the presses and spoilered for extra lewd.
>>3245475
>I'll wait for the SNES weeb -translated ROM
>Gideon

Best of luck anon, you'll need it.
>>
>>3245445
Sounds like a fun challenge. I'll disassemble the game and try to remove the check myself, if it works, then I'll upload the cracked version.
>>
>>3245487
>Final Emp already

Fast.

By the way, I heard the enemies have new animations, that true?
>>
>>3245480
Doesn't Lucky Patcher work with the game?
>>
Anyone tried using the first apk posted here (the one with 'crk' in the filename) with the a random obb from the other links?
>>
Everyone's complaining about how ass the game looks, but I think it looks okay on my phone. The screenshots are all blown up and makes it look a little worse than it actually is.
>>
File: THE LEGEND NEVER DIES.jpg (133 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
THE LEGEND NEVER DIES.jpg
133 KB, 960x544
>>3245501
Oh, I'm playing on the JP Vita version that I got on launch, I'm not that goddamn fast.
>I heard the enemies have new animations, that true?
Some of them, yeah.
All of the Seven Heroes are animated, the Queen/Real Queen is animated, the Sea Lord is animated, all of the Giants and a few other enemies like Pyro Hydra, Ogre Battler and Deep Ones.
Keep in mind that it's Flash animation, so they basically separated the original sprites' body parts and make them move around, it's not that good looking, but hey, some of them are pretty cute, Real Queen dripping sticky white goo and waving her ass was unexpectedly arousing.

Also, THE MAN, THE MADMAN, THE LEGEND HIMSELF.
>>3245519
>The screenshots are all blown up and makes it look a little worse than it actually is.
Yeah, screenshots look pretty bad, the game looks much better on a proper screen.
>>
>>3245390
Characters specialize in the stats and the sparkable (learnable through that character) skills. Ellen is a great character for martial arts (no weapon) and axes.
You can equip any mastered skill and skill evasion on any character. however the damage or effect is dependent on your stats and on the weapon lvl. To master it you have to use it quite often.
Equipment can be rather confusing. Weapons, potions and shields will influence the availabe options in battle. You can only use skills for weapons that are equipped.
Notice: Shields work only with one-handed weapons like epees, short swords (cause the big ones are two-handed). They either add extra defence or negate the damage entirely at a certain probability. The latter shields block certain kind of damage like piercing. I'm not entirely sure if that is only relevant on the weapon used in that turn or on the currently used equipment. I'm sure that using magic deactivates the use of shields for this turn.
You know you will be in a water area? equip accessories that negate/absorb water damage. It's much more imported than raw defense.
Also about magic: gaining enough magic level (20 i think) will add additional effects to the basic spells.
A simple recover strategy is to have the self healing skill "focus" equipped, since it's a martial arts skill it no big effort. Also shadow servant is OP.
>>
>>3245526
any neat callouts to other saga games in the new content like the ff games had?
>>
>>3245526
>Hannibal

MA MAN!
>>
>>3245527
its the things i loved in this series, like being able to equip multiple weapons and have more options in battle.
>>
File: 2016-05-25-192028.jpg (140 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-25-192028.jpg
140 KB, 960x544
>>3245539
Nothing so far, all of the extra content is centered on the game itself, no cameos, no references, nothing at all, it's all focused on expanding the setting and lore.
>>3245545
Mah boi Hannibal got right in for the last push, he's already dishing mad damage like always.
>>
>>3245519
Nah, mixmatches sprites always look terrible. My phone is only like 4" and I can still see the artifacts.

This is just lazy graphically, much like the DQ1-3 phone versions.
>>
The low-res sprites on HD backgrounds clash a little, but at least is better than the crap they pulled with FF5/6.
It kind of reminds me of the PS1 rpg era. Thousand Arms in particular.
>>
>>3245574

Well, yeah, it's not GREAT visually, but it's still alright. Maybe I'm just being delusional because I'm happy to finally have access to this game. And as >>3245579 said, at least it's not like that shit.
>>
I think it's a bit ugly but not ugly enough to be "trash". It tries to be somewhat classy and tasteful at least, but the sprites kind of clash with the new assets. I think it's far from ideal but something you get used to.

Better than waiting for Gideon to actually do something other than retweeting pointless SJW garbage from Brianna Wu.
>>
File: 2016-05-20-184841.jpg (153 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-20-184841.jpg
153 KB, 960x544
>>3245607
>It tries to be somewhat classy and tasteful at least, but the sprites kind of clash with the new assets.
After a while you get used to it.

But frankly it's a catch 22.

If they ported the game as it was people would have complained about it being a lazy port with some modded extra stuff.

If they remade everything people would have said that the original graphics were better and muh RPG Maker graphics meme.

I don't give a single fuck, the game is good, I loved the original character sprites and frankly, the original backgrounds were pretty subpar even for their times, so while the new backgrounds do clash, they're still miles better than the originals and they're still pretty accurate redesigns that still keep the atmosphere of the original setting.
I honestly like some of them more than the original ones, the flying Hakuro castle is pretty great.
>>
>>3245640
Oh don't worry, I agree, I even said myself it's something you get used to. I mean it's a *bit* ugly but it's not a dealbreaker, seen worse.

Playing this game in English after decades is worth it, IMO.
>>
>>3245593
I'm just autistic about sprite graphics in general. The style looks very inconsistent. The 2D on 3D world look never bothered me, but the fact that it's obviously two different sprite resolutions will never be something I don't notice.

I was this way about the Pier Solar HD version, too. It's probably something that only bothers me, but it never will not.

That said, I'm happy to have the game even if the style is lazy, too, so don't get me wrong.
>>
I'm curious. How are people playing this? On their phone or otherwise? I tried running it on Linux but apparently it can't run on x86 processors.
>>
>>3245668
Phone or bluestacks, mostly.

IIRC, Chrome/Chromium now has android app compatibility, too. I'm sure there's some other android emulator/vm set up on linux.
>>
>>3245649
>'m happy to have the game even if the style is lazy, too
If those Artepiazza guys actually bothered making some feasible image compression the game would look much better, I have the feeling they just made some shitty PNG or even worse, bitmap compression and called it a day.
>>
>>3245668

I am, but I've barely had time to sink my teeth into it between work and my friends constantly dragging me off to play overwatch.
>>
Is it cracked yet?
>>
>>3245475
Lmao. The NSA probably has root access to 90% of phones already. What the fuck do they need Romancing Saga 2 for?
>>
>>3245475
yeah... that won't be for years and years thanks to the cuck that worked on it crying like a little bitch cause square got their fingers up her dress before he could
>>
>>3245751
what
>>
>>3245751
If you have a translation scene drama story to share, please do. I love those.
>>
>>3245763
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,20026.40.html
>>
>>3245785
Doesn't really seem like he's crying like a little bitch. More like he just feels he wasted his time and is moving onto other things.

You really overstated the drama.
>>
>>3245410
>>3245438
>DS

No thanks. Maybe if I had a tablet to emulate them on, but managing two screens on a non-touchscreen monitor is just to cumbersome. Looks like I'll be emulating the originals via MasterBoy on my PSP.
>>
>>3245836

Considering they're jrpgs, there's not really any touch screen fuckery to put up with. I definitely recommend trying them out regardless.
>>
>>3245842
I will eventually - probably when I get an Nvidia Shield Tablet.

I prefer emulating handhelds on something portable.
>>
>>3245851
You could also probably nab a cheap DS and flashcart for like $50 or something.
>>
>>3245859
I'll consider it. Thanks.
>>
i fucking cried watching that opening movie
fuck man, 23 years
i've wanted this game in english for so damn long officially and now its here

fucking beautiful
>>
>>3246002
You remind me of that old lady who was waiting for Dragon Quest VI to come over to the states.

I think she died before it came out, though ;_;
>>
>>3246017
>I think she died before it came out, though ;_;
That's okay, anon.
We're all dead, too, ha ha.
>>
>>3246017
shit man
i still remember wondering where DW 5 and 6 were in the snes days. i think i remember writing NP about it too. then DW 7 hit on PS1 and i was like "holy shit, its just like with FF7!" because i thought we missed FF 4-6
>>
>>3245306
This is a generational game though so your party is always going to be replaced with a fresh batch once in a while.

Unless it's your last generation, in which case you better make sure you don't run out of them.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-26-02-56-17.png (875 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-26-02-56-17.png
875 KB, 1280x720
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>3246184
That on emulator? Did you manage to run one of the apks people posted around? Thought it needed hacking.
>>
>>3246206

Naw, that's a screenshot posted from my phone, cause I'm stuck at work.
>>
>>3246215
Oh, thought the phone screenshots omitted the menu/home/whatever buttons. Derp.
>>
File: cringe.jpg (8 KB, 354x351) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
8 KB, 354x351
>>3246219
>Derp
>>
>>3246227
I-I d-don't care what you say stop language policing me, you shitlord ;(
>>
File: 1461273232310.png (269 KB, 382x328) Image search: [Google]
1461273232310.png
269 KB, 382x328
>>3246246
>>3246249
>Yanks
>>
Is that cracked apk happening?
>>
Is Candy a joke character in RS3, or is she like Villagers in Fire Emblem (really shitty characters at first that end up being powerful)? I basically recruited her by accident just because.
>>
>>3246454
She's usable but I wouldn't bring her to end-game unless you really like lolis or something.

Candy isn't her real name BTW, she has a list of them that she cycles through but her real name is Tatayna (sp?).

She's supposed to have a sidequest that was cut content - she's the daughter of some big shot trading firm family (or something) and she ran away from home, which is why she always leaves the party if you enter her home country. You were supposed to be able to reconcile her with her family and maybe that would have given her stat boosts or something, but it's not in the actual game so.
>>
>>3246184
It means he doesn't have anything for you.... yet

He ties into a later quest.
>>
>goblin cave
>got all the way to the two treasures at the bottom by fighting through the skull bosses
>have to fight them again to get back out

This game sure is harsh.
>>
File: 1433878442315.gif (96 KB, 216x203) Image search: [Google]
1433878442315.gif
96 KB, 216x203
>Kzinssie goes in for the soul steal against Gerard
>he fucking dodges it and you beat the shit out of him

This game is so fucking cool, jesus.
>>
So how's the port/remake thing running for everyone? Anyone running it on an Android emulator? Does it have decent controller support?

I get paid in a few hours and I'm planning on running it on Nox with a controller.
>>
>>3246605

I'm running it on Android and it's working nicely. Haven't been using a controller, but I would kind of recommend it if it's available because the touch control can be admittedly kind of finnicky and ass.
>>
is there a way to make the game not look like complete shit
>>
>>3246668
stop playing on your tablet
>>
>>3246689
I just want the backgrounds and text boxes and stuff to fit with the sprites

is there a way I can mod it or something to make it look less terrible and amateurish

I feel like I'm playing some startup company's hentai game or something
>>
File: 1434450004961.gif (3 MB, 384x390) Image search: [Google]
1434450004961.gif
3 MB, 384x390
>>3246707
>startup company's hentai game
it's not called romancing saga for nothing, babe
>>
File: RSII Viktor and Gerard.jpg (3 MB, 2000x2990) Image search: [Google]
RSII Viktor and Gerard.jpg
3 MB, 2000x2990
>>3246573
That's really one of the greatest moments in the game.

I love it when Kujinshi can't really process it for a few turns and still uses Soul Steal for nothing, and his boss theme is so fucking good.

Anyway, I met Victor, he almost got me there, don't fight him without the proper countermeasures or he'll push your shit in on the very first turn, and don't think you can win the fight the same way you can cheese Sekishusei, he'll adapt and try to push your shit in by spamming fusion magic.

When you beat him he'll thank you for the friendly spar and for making him remember what it's like to give it your all, and his soul finally finds peace ;_;.

He also gives you a ring, which I suppose it's translated into Interior Ring, which grants protection against ALL status effect, bretty gud accessory to have around for the endgame.
>>3246707
>I feel like I'm playing some startup company's hentai game or something

The original had almost the same exact boxes, but instead of being blueish they were kinda transparent and the text boxes were basically comic balloons like RomaSaGa 1 but with actually readable text instead of miniscule scribbles with fuckhuge kanji.
>>
>>3246803
>The original had almost the same exact boxes, but instead of being blueish they were kinda transparent and the text boxes were basically comic balloons like RomaSaGa 1 but with actually readable text instead of miniscule scribbles with fuckhuge kanji.
my problem is really with the way that all the elements aren't even designed to fit together, like they just assigned completely different people to do each thing with no knowledge of what fundamental style or color palette or resolution the others would be working with.

and in fact I would not be surprised if that's exactly what actually did happen.
>>
File: Main Menu.jpg (277 KB, 960x815) Image search: [Google]
Main Menu.jpg
277 KB, 960x815
>>3246845
>like they just assigned completely different people to do each thing with no knowledge of what fundamental style or color palette or resolution the others would be working with.

I disagree, I think they did good.
Problem is they were probably payed in peanuts and bad sushi so they didn't put much effort, the only thing that clashes, especially compared to the originals are the icons for magic/weapon poficiencies and defense, which are admittedly garbage, all the rest is very similar in design to the original version.

The main menu is basically a HD version of the original, albeit with a brighter color, which I personally find very pleasant.

Battle menus are exactly the same, but blueish, without dithering and obviously less pixely.

Speech bubbles are pretty different but overall don't clash with the rest of the menus too much, those golden arrows are a bit lavish and over stylized but they make sense considering the main menu is a fucking marble slab.

The hand cursor is literally a HD version of the original.

Let me post a few comparison screens so you can see for yourself how much has changed.
>>
File: Character menu.jpg (279 KB, 960x815) Image search: [Google]
Character menu.jpg
279 KB, 960x815
>>
File: Kujinshi dies again.jpg (133 KB, 960x813) Image search: [Google]
Kujinshi dies again.jpg
133 KB, 960x813
>>
File: Terelutva tower.jpg (185 KB, 960x816) Image search: [Google]
Terelutva tower.jpg
185 KB, 960x816
>>
Ehhh, I thought I'd have some relatively recent screenshots of the original version but these are very old ones with a terrible aspect ratio.
>>
>>3246882
>>3246884
>>3246889
>>3246891
>>3246897
it sort of infuriates me that you don't seem to see what the problems are
>>
>>3246904
but no, to reiterate, looking at the original screen, and the HD version, which one do you actually, literally think looks better as a single image, as a single thing to actually look at, not as component pieces even but as one picture which do you think looks better

not better as in some imaginary criteria of number of pixels or resolution or apparent level of detail or effort, but really, what do you personally prefer

if you like the original, then why, why did they change it at all even

if you like the HD version, what on earth is wrong with you
>>
Gonna play saga 2 for the DS soon, first game in the franhise for me. I heard that apparently grinding is bad in these games and that's easy to lock yourself out of content or in a bad end. Does that apply here or it's only for romancing SaGa?
>>
>>3246904
>>3246910
I think the problems are on your end buddy.

Nobody's forcing you to play the mobile version, sure, old sprites and new backgrounds clash, but most of your points don't stand for me, the menus are almost identical to the SFC version but with some added particulars, I said I agreed with you when it came to the character menus and new proficiency symbols, which are awful.

All the rest is basically a HD version of the original layout with brighter colours and no transparency.

If you still wanna tell me you don't like the clash between modern and old 2D art that's alright, I can see what you mean even though I don't personally care, but don't tell me that the new menus and text bubbles are shit when they're basically the same as the original ones, I played the games you know, more than you ever did, and I can say that they did a decent job.

>which one do you actually, literally think looks better as a single image

I like both.

Both have their pros and cons.

The originals have more consistence obviously, but the remakes aren't as bad as you make them look like and certain areas are much better looking than the original ones which were dreadfully plain.

So, if you're a purist like those CRT spergs, go play the SFC version, if you don't care that much about graphics like I do then play the mobile remaster and stop bitching, nobody cares but your kind of people, we're talking about the games here, not aesthetic moral highgrounds.
>>3246921
You can grind as much as you like, not like there's any need for it though, even if you grind stats like mad you'll still be beaten like a little bitch if you don't have the equipment and moveset to make up for it, the contrary is also true.
Only the games from the Romancing trilogy onwards punish you for grinding.
>>
>>3246921
It's an issue from Romancing SaGa onward but you can grind your balls off in SaGa 1-3
>>
>>3245479
At least it doesn't look as bad as FFVI. Honestly, that screenshot looks decent (although I don't understand why they need to make everything 3D).
>>
>>3246921
It's not the case for SaGa 2, don't worry. That game is not hard, either. You can safely play a team made up of one of each race, for instance, even though it's not the strongest possible team.
>>
>>3246923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImiMwghoWkw
>there are people for whom this was the first version of the game they played
>there are people who watched this lets play before ever playing the game
For reference, this was the exact point at which I considered this practice and all future renditions of this practice to be completely abhorrent and unacceptable. It's an insult to the original work and what it stands for. There's no fucking appreciation, this is just someone's lazy, shitty job, that they don't even fucking want.
>>
>>3246930
Look mate, I'll be awfully honest, I don't give two shits about that kind of complaint.

Because it's the kind of complaint only jaded and out of touch people make, the moment the game changes its graphics the original feeling is lost, but if you just make a port of the original game after 20 or so years what are the chances people would buy it? Wouldn't that be lazy as well, that after 20 years they couldn't do something "better"?
Minstrel Song wasn't any different, people complained that there wasn't the same feeling as the original game, even though Minstrel Song looked pretty good fpr its time.

You're like one of those cranky old faggot gramps that bitch about their apples being tastier than today's apple, yeah, no shit they did (or did they really?), but we're living in a different time, standards are different and people need things to sell, make money and make a living out of it.

If you were expecting it to be remade like Minstrel Song, with the same kind of budget, time and dedication, you're simply delusional.
And let me tell you, almost no one gives a fucking shit about what people do with the remakes of the games they worked on in the past, Kawazu didn't give a single shit about FFII being changed from the GBA onwards, neither did the original team members, it's business and nothing more.

And now, stop posting the same trite shit that was posted in the last threads, you don't like how it looks? Fine, it's your own business, but here we talk about stuff we LIKE instead endlessly bitching about the obvious and having stupid bias.
>>
>>3246939
I would see your point if any HD remake was actually better. None of them are. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's clearly not happening.

Nobody complained about Minstrel Song.

You seem to be really angry about being told that the sky is blue anon. This game was made when the sky was still orange. It's not the time to be digging up the past and trying to cash in with a shoddy product. It's the time to live life and do something new and something special. This game is a waste of everyone's time, and you seem like a literal shill who probably translated this piece of shit.
>>
File: 1454801766150.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454801766150.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>3246943
>Nobody complained about Minstrel Song.

I'm pretty sure quite a lot of people, even here, complained about MS, especially for its chibi models. Not to mention the character design changes. Not like you would know though since not only you didn't bother checking the archives, you don't even speak japanese.

>This game is a waste of everyone's time, and you seem like a literal shill who probably translated this piece of shit.

You poor sucker, I was the one who actually started and managed the SaGa threads here on /vr/, who do you think you're trying to troll? I've played Romancing SaGa 2 before you even knew it existed and if you actually had a bit of grey matter you'd be able to tell since I'm the one who actually argued about localizations all the time, just like I made a point in this very thread.
>>
>>3246950
>I was the one who actually started and managed the SaGa threads here on /vr/, who do you think you're trying to troll? I've played Romancing SaGa 2 before you even knew it existed and if you actually had a bit of grey matter you'd be able to tell since I'm the one who actually argued about localizations all the time
literally nobody in the entire world cares anon
>>
>>3246957
>Missing the point this hard
>>
File: 1421518186889.jpg (29 KB, 277x277) Image search: [Google]
1421518186889.jpg
29 KB, 277x277
>>3246950
>people, even here, complained
>you don't even speak japanese
>I was the one who
>checking the archives
>who do you think you're trying to troll
>I'm the one who actually argued

anon...
>>
Holy shit the controller mappings are fucking whacky on the DS4. I just have it paired normally with no special apps or something, but the left stick is the dpad along with L3, R3, the touchpad (each one being a separate DPad input). The DPad itself is disabled, though.

I don't how it's this fucked given the Mana remake supported the controller with an alternate control scheme (first scheme was similar to the one in RS2, second was mapped fine). Hopefully alternate controller support will get patched in eventually.
>>
>>3247106
Actually, it seems like everyone, even people with the iOS version are having bad controller problems.

I guess it's just fucked outside of very specific controllers.
>>
>>3246930
You are giving too many fucks over something the creator probably doesn't give a fuck about.
>>
>>3247106
>The DPad itself is disabled, though.
Weird stuff, hope for you guys they patch it.
>>3247115
He just wants to stir up shit, his other posts are the definitive proof of that, hide and report.
>>
File: 1445351959182.png (498 KB, 396x704) Image search: [Google]
1445351959182.png
498 KB, 396x704
>tfw the WS SaGa on PSP
Feels good to emulate on a portable, and all the 3DS emulators I found had horrific screen tearing. Glad the PSP one works fine with this game.
>>
>all the interesting characters are dying

Fucking Romancing SaGa 2.
>>
>finish a dungeon
>Suddenly "142 years later"
What!
>>
Do the monster fights in the maze of memory raise your BR?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-27-12-19-16.png (939 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-27-12-19-16.png
939 KB, 1280x720
>>3247410

Even 142 years later, she's still running around saying yeeeeep
>>
>>3246454
>>3246513
I made her a mage wielding an Epee just because I thought it'd have been funny to have a kid tagging along with Katrina, but she's a pretty subpar character. Look up her character stats, different names have different stats. I think Candy is more magic oriented.

Hopefully they finish that side quest in the mobile port.
>>
>>3247359
The game's time progression can last more than 1000 years, it's only normal.
Then again, some character die or survive depending on your choices, like Toma, Georg or the Salamander tribe.

It's kinda hard to say goodbye to Gerard though.
>>
File: 35253110_p0.png (222 KB, 648x906) Image search: [Google]
35253110_p0.png
222 KB, 648x906
Well, just beat the Seven Heroes and finished the game, still can't believe how even little bugfixes like the Wind Cutter fix can change so much balance in that battle and damn, Ninjas are stronk if you play aggressively.

Now, to wait for the patches for new game+...
I guess I'll restart a game anyway because I want to properly try out the Onmyouji class, and I kind of screwed up my progress anyway, didn't even see what happens if you max out the tree in the garden.

The ending always gets me though, no matter how many times I see it, it really is moving.

On a side note, the various rings available in the maze of memories are really interesting, they seem to give a 4+boost to single stats, which is pretty enormous, I don't know wheter you can get doubles, but if you do you can get some batshit insane potential like maxing out the tacticians' already obscene firepower, they're also pretty good to balance out weak starter classes and make them more relevant through the endgame, lots of experimenting can be done really.
>>
Does the mobile game have the original music, or is it arranged? If so, is there an option to use the SNES music?
>>
>>3247805
High Quality original music and sound effects.
>>
>>3245526
Speaking of Hannibal, can I use him again in a later gen if I cycle through the characters of his class?
>>
Any word on the cracked apk? I tried installing all the ones I found in bluestacks and keep getting that authentication error thing with all of them.
>>
>>3247946
What Android version are you running?
I was having problems on 6.0+, but it's working flawlessly on my older Moto G running Android 4.0.
>>
>>3247946
Is it really cracked? One I downloaded had crk in the name, but it still checked with google and said nope.

I just ended up buying it only to find out none of the android emulators run nicely on my computer (audio issues nonstop and problems detecting my controller).

Thankfully, it does work on my phone, but trying to use a controller with that is awkward. Oh well.
>>
>>3248064
No idea what version bluestacks uses, I tried it after not succeeding with genymotion on Linux. In Genymotion it just crashes even after installing the ARM wrapper and gapps with a valid login. Tried 6.0, 4.4.4 and 4.3 with no success. My actual phone is a Samsung Mini Pop Plus with gingerbread so it's impossible it'll run there. Can't afford a new one so my only bet is an emulator.

>>3248130
Oh nope, I was asking if someone managed to crack it, someone was saying about trying to crack it before in the thread. The apks in various sites don't validate.
>>
Any news on the apk, guys? Can't get it to work on my phone (credentials not validated or something like that). Does bluestacks need any of that?
>>
If it helps, I'm using this version:

http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?t=1580803
>>
>>3248325
Seems like everyone is having that issue and a currect crack doesn't really exist yet.

Either hold out or buy it, man.
>>
>>3247718
What was the Wind Cutter bug?
>>
>>3248517
It did penis damage instead of wind damage, which healed most gay monsters instead of damaging them
>>
I'm fucking up, am I not? (Everything, from party to skills)
>>
>>3248539
Still having a blast though; it's a very fun game and the fact that it gives me so much liberty to explore the world as I please is just amazing. I'm slowly learning more about its mechanics as well.
>>
>>3248130
have you tried mume instead of bluestack?
>>
>>3248653
Tried MUme, Bluestacks, Nox, and genymoyion or whatever.
>>
And now my adventure begins.
>>
>>3248675

Enjoy, dude. I just recently got to the 2nd generation myself, having an absolute blast. I think saga is becoming my favorite franchise of jrpgs.
>>
>>3248673
Does the paid game run on Bluestacks? (issues you experienced notwithstanding).
>>
>>3248837
Oh, yeah. It ran on all of them. Just issues maintaining full speed and problems with the sound and random slowdowns. Adjusting the RAM and CPU didn't seem to help, and lowering the resolution only helped, but didn't solve the problem.

But, yeah, if you're planning on buying it for bluestacks or something, it'll work.
>>
>>3248852
Thanks.
I have sound sync issues with some games on Bluestacks, too.
>>
>>3248862
Good luck, anon. May your results be better than my own.
>>
https://twitter.com/SaGa25kawazu/status/736425328613040129

Now we shall move on to people bitching about how poor the VITA version will be.
>>
>>3248539
>Ellen as brawler
Yeah, you are going to be okay. Why did she have an axe if her talent is hand-to-hand?
>>
>>3248994
Ellen is great with both Axes and Hand to Hand when recruited with other party members.

In her own game she's probably the best foil user in the game if you set her up that way.
>>
>>3249016
>Ellen is great with both Axes and Hand to Hand
Really? I must be remembering wrong, it has been so long since I played RS3. In fact, your post made me remember you could pick a main character's talent.
>>
>>3248874

Hey, fucking based. That solves a few peoples' problems, I guess. I love Kawazu.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (25 KB, 950x770) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
25 KB, 950x770
>BUTT attack
>66 uses
>>
>>3249163

Just don't miss or you might get butthurt.
>>
>>3247920
Sure, the only case in which you can't use him "again" is if you've made him an emperor, characters which have been made emperors can't be chosen again for that role, although they're always available as generics.
That's the main trick in speedrunning to the last generation, just kill everyone and the game will eventually shift to the Last Emperor.
>>3248517
Wind Cutter had cutting properties, which meant that Sword Barrier, which was meant to block only normal attacks would block it even though it was a spell, now it doesn't work and you eat one additional attack form the Seven Heroes even if you have Sword Barrier on.
Trust me, it changes A LOT.
>>3248539
You're doing alright anon, most of your party members are great choices, keep on rolling.
>>3248874
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>3248874
I don't care how poor it is. SaGa on the Vita is awesome. Thank you god king emperor mad lord Kawazu. Based as fuck, day one buy.
>>
File: ABSOLUTE MADMAN.jpg (137 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
ABSOLUTE MADMAN.jpg
137 KB, 512x384
>>3249021
I seem to have missed your post.

To answer your question, what you choose in the beginning as weapon of choice DOESN'T change the character type tables, it simply gives you permanent stat boosts to your MC's base stats and extra starting proficiency with that kind of weapon.

Character Type is what determines the characters' spark tables, they sometimes change when a MC is recruited as party member, Harid is type 01 as both MC and party member, however, Ellen goes from type 03(MC) to type 08(Party member), that means that as MC she's more geared towards Axes>Martial Arts while as party member she's more geared toward Martial Arts>Axes, iirc the actual difference between those two types is minimal though, and the mastering system lets you work around that anyway.

According to the game's data, a lot of secondary characters have that kind of type shift as well, even though the only method to get them as MC besides cheating is using gltiches, and I'm not even sure if that actually changes the type and doesn't simply override it with your MC type.
>>3249252
The Vita is really turning into the new SaGa machine.

Romacing SaGa 2 remaster, possibly Romancing SaGa 3 remaster, SaGa Frontier, SaGa Frontier 2 and Scarlet Grace, that's quite a collection.

>Inb4 Kawazu goes full madman and makes Squenix port Unlimited and Minstrel Song
>>
>>3249303
>what you choose in the beginning as weapon of choice DOESN'T change the character type tables
The last time I remembered, it was supposed to but you had to save/load the game before it would take effect due to a bug, which I guess could potentially be abused to get better stat distribution with your original tech spark type if you used save/load state through the entire game.
>>
>>3249303
>SaGa Frontier, SaGa Frontier 2
what
Are these coming to PSN or something?

Also, how was that one 3DS game made by SaGa people? I can't remember the name, but I know it had a frog dude it in.
>>
>>3249416
>it was supposed to but you had to save/load the game before it would take effect due to a bug
Yeah that's something I've heard as well a few years ago but I never bothered to check if that how it works, I'll check the JP wiki to see if there's some info on that.
>>
>>3249457
Legend Of Legacy. That's the name. I'm thinking about nabbing it and the PS2 Romancing SaGa off of Amazon.
>>
>>3249457
>Are these coming to PSN or something?

They're not on the US PSN?
I just checked on the JP one and they're there.

>>3249416
Ok, I've just read something on Kaerulabo regarding that bug and I stand corrected.

Basically, due to the bug you were talking about, the game actually changes whatever type you got through the creation screen to the type those characters have as a party member, so basically if you make a type 03 Ellen the game won't recognize Ellen as that type until after you save and load that gamefile and rest Ellen to a Type 08.

So as you said it's possible for instance to get the best STR bonuses by choosing to make Ellen a Hunter with Greatswords which would make her a type 02, spark whatever you can spark as a type 08 and then save and load the file so Ellen gets switched to type 02.

So, for those playing on emulators that would be pretty handy, guess they'll probably fix that in the incoming remaster, hope they don't fix the character swap bug though, that's fun to use.

JP Source is:

http://kaerulabo.web.fc2.com/rs3/data/chara_data_para2.html

We really need a ENG wiki database regarding all this stuff, I don't even know what to search in english for this.
>>
>>3249476
>They're not on the US PSN?
No, none of the SaGa games are on the US PSN. I don't even think they're in the EU PSN.
>>
>>3249480
>No, none of the SaGa games are on the US PSN. I don't even think they're in the EU PSN.

Damn, that sucks.

Well, we can only hope they put them on now that we're getting all this SaGa games on Vita.
>>
>>3248874
This shit made my day, goddamm.

If it sells well enough, Scarlet Grace in english might no longer be a dream.
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (41 KB, 952x771) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
41 KB, 952x771
That's a good question man
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (34 KB, 950x771) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
34 KB, 950x771
>>3249585
>you will lose track of time while in the tower
What did they MEAN by this???
>>
>Romancing SaGa 2
>no playable Minstrel/Poet

Aw, I always made sure to use him in 1/3/MS because of who he is.
>>
Is the mobile version of the first game only available for dumbphones?

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/mobile/sem/romasaga/
>>
>>3249705
Is he still THAT in 2 and 3? I never got that impression from him in 3.
>>
File: 1464414995764[1].png (45 KB, 641x310) Image search: [Google]
1464414995764[1].png
45 KB, 641x310
>wake up
>Romancing Saga 2 Vita coming to the west
>Dragon Quest VII, VIII, and Builders also coming soon

Good shit.
>>
>>3249715
They don't even take place in the same world, do they?
>>
File: snes_romancing_saga_2_2[1].gif (18 KB, 256x223) Image search: [Google]
snes_romancing_saga_2_2[1].gif
18 KB, 256x223
>Dat ugly remake
Yeah, i'll wait for the snes translation
>>
>>3249868
Good luck anon.
>>
>>3249868
>muh gwafix! :-(
>>
>>3249881
>Thanks.
>>3249883
>Exactly.
>>
File: 1462236993348.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462236993348.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>3249889
>Being a graphics whore over a 4th gen video game

Let's hope your CRT doesn't die before the translation is finished.
>>
>>3249868

I'd certainly like to play the SNES version for its aesthetic, but the simple and unhappy truth is that AGTP is slow as fuck and will probably never come through. The last time we heard about the project was nearly 2 years ago and it wasn't even in good shape. I'd recommend going ahead and learning moon honestly.
>>
>>3249892
I hope the same.
>>3249894
But since the game is being released on Android, there may be more hype to make the snes hacking. After all, there is no need for the translation anymore.
>>
>>3249883
>I feel threatened by the existence of higher standards
>>
File: 1464212245301.png (247 KB, 432x313) Image search: [Google]
1464212245301.png
247 KB, 432x313
>>3249935
>SNES version has less content
>Higher standards

Okay.
>>
>>3249905
>After all, there is no need for the translation anymore.

Did that ever happen before?
Someone (unofficially) transferring the official translation to a different version of said game?
>>
>>3249968
Tactics Ogre, I believe
>>
>>3249905
>But since the game is being released on Android, there may be more hype to make the snes hacking. After all, there is no need for the translation anymore.

Fuck no. Using the existing translation is bordering on warez and Square is all too happy to hit that with a C&D.

You'd bee waiting a long-ass time before someone gets one going for archive purposes because the mobile one goes dead. If you're that concerned hope for a PC port that can be modded.
>>
>>3249945
>He actually thinks quantity and quality are the same thing
>>
>>3249978
Ok, still the project can move faster if they have a translated reference.
>>
Honestly, I like the new backgrounds. RS3 is honestly the only RS game that doesn't look cheap; like something out of the SNES RPG Makers or edits of FF's assets. You can be as contrarian as you like and talk about charm and whatnot, but that's a straight fact. I like the RS games but I've always felt like Square gave the RS1 and RS2 developers only just enough budget to get the game finished.

It makes me wonder when they decided that the series was worth investing in to shell out more money for RS3 because it's definitely one of the best looking SNES games.
>>
>>3249983
translating it was never, ever the actual problem
>>
>>3249986
It is true that RS 1 is cheap af. When i first say some screenshots, i thought it was some sort of chinese ff copy or whatnot. But i would not say the same for RS 2. It is standard for snes FF. Looks better than FF IV
>>
>>3249989
Pretty much. Usually the fact is people are all to happy to put out a script for their favorite game, but the hacking part is madness.
>>
Any world on a Romancing SaGa 3 remake/enhanced port?
>>
>>3249968

Either way, the main issue with translating these games is the hacking.
>>
>>3249905
It's funny because GideonZhi, the guy who's working on RS2 SNES, already used the Official PS script of Tactics Ogre on the SNES version AND he recently showed interest on Android hacking in his twitter.
It's unlikely, but it might happen.
>>
>>3250003
Actually he dropped more than the translation, all the extra content of the PSX version was somehow dropped down to the SNES version, making it the definitive version of the game to play since it has better sound than the PSX version.
>>
Man, Blunt Strike having a 0 cost is really carrying me through the early game.
>>
File: sweet 80's headband, bro.png (254 KB, 643x1386) Image search: [Google]
sweet 80's headband, bro.png
254 KB, 643x1386
Who the hell are these 3?
>>
>>3249994
Most likely. The Twitter account responsible of PR for this new port of RS2 posted this:

http://romasaga3.jp/

The most important date is a fucking image file though, so I can't translate it with Google. Also, turn down your speakers before opening the page.
>>
>>3249980
>Has yet to play the Android version
>Thinks he can speak as to whether the added content is quality
>>
>>3250020

More like he hasn't played either version but magically knows that the bug-ridden SNES version with less content is better.
>>
>Romancing Saga 2

Any "unwinnable" battles in this? I hate those.
Lufia did them the right way.
>>
>>3250025
I like that instead of providing an argument or analysis you just keep trying to make excuses for my opinion. Like how very nice and beta of you to try and imagine how I might actually be down at your level.

But I'm nothing like you.
>>
>>3250052

I don't know what you think I'm misunderstanding. You're whining about the remake, and calling it "the shittier version" despite its bugfixes and added content, and since you're waiting for a translation of the SNES version you obviously haven't played either version. Since you haven't played either version, your opinion on which one is better doesn't amount to much. Is this getting through to you at all, or are you going to call me a cuck next?
>>
It is interesting to see how RS 2 did for RS what FF 2 for FF. FF I looks quite open to me (as open as FF can get), almost no story but you jump from quest to quest. And suddenly, FF II introduces a good storyline (one of the best of the saga if you ask me).

RS 1 and RS 2 are different beasts, you may like one and dislike the other.
>>
I feel like every weapon/armor shop I find doesn't really offer proper upgrades, and it doesn't seem like characters gain stats via fighting, so how am I supposed to upgrade my guys? They gain weapon mastery, which seems to increase their damage, but surviving is a whole other story.

I'm asking because the termite queen is absolutely pushing my shit in and I'm not sure if my setup is just bad or what.
>>
anyone got it working on emulator?
>>
>>3250061
>the game is perfectly playable with the bugs in tact
>it's perfectly satisfying to beat without added content, which honestly isn't that much
>it's still a self-imposed challenge not to use overpowered tactics and exploits, just like every SaGa that isn't SFII, which doesn't really have any
>the extra conveniences are not necessary and won't significantly impact my enjoyment of a replay
>what will impact my enjoyment is everything looking like shit the whole time

why can't you just admit you have shit taste and actually like this overly commercialized pandering garbage

fucking casuals sometimes I swear
>>
>>3250117

So in short, "I hate it because MUH GWAFIX!" You're calling me a casual but that's the single most casual opinion anybody could ever have.

>commercialized
>pandering

Fuck off back to /v/, I hear it's really hip to hate perfectly good games over there so you'll fit right in.
>>
>>3250130
>So in short, "I hate it because MUH GWAFIX!" You're calling me a casual but that's the single most casual opinion anybody could ever have.
You essentially don't have your own opinion. That's what makes you a casual.
>>
>>3250154

How do I not have my own opinion? I thought it was pretty clear what mine is. "Even if a game has a few flaws that I don't like about it, as long as it's fun to play, I'll play it." I don't think being an ugly game makes it unplayable, and I'd rather play it in English now than wait 35 more years for AGTP to finish their translation.
>>
File: latest[1].gif (25 KB, 384x207) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].gif
25 KB, 384x207
>>3250165
You know what i think? Probably you don't like it, but don't have the will to wait. You are making excuses and cannot tolerate there are others who can wait for the greater experience.

I pity you.
>>
>>3250165

I'm not the retard sitting around refusing to play the port, you are.
>>
>>3250182
I'm literally never going to play it on mobile because it would be horrendously simple for me to play through it with nothing more than a kanji dictionary on hand to compensate for my rustiness, and I'm sure if I was feeling extra lazy I could brute force it like I did when only knew hiragana and katakana.

I understand that life is too hard for you and you take what you can get, but some of us have the ability to learn new shit and do shit for ourselves.
>>
>>3250064
>FFII
finished the gba version, got to the snowcraft in the NES version
this game is honestly not as bad as everyone claims and I'd rather play it over I
I really respect what it tried to do all those years ago on the NES
if I wanted (and had the skill) to change anything it would be
>disable attacks and offensive spells from targeting allies
>missing shouldn't give skill points
>remove stat decreases
>party members in the back recover some MP each turn (hey if you expect me to grind spells as much as weapon skills you might as well make them as usable)

unjustly maligned game
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (26 KB, 952x767) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
26 KB, 952x767
That's right motherfucker
>>
File: 1401092314972.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1401092314972.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>3250225

>trying to look down on others while still needing to look up kanji for a game with elementary-level vocab
>>
>>3250015
I wouldn't be surprised if this comes up soon, and if sales are good enough we'll see it localized.

And then later probably a Minstrel Song port instead of RS1, since it's probably cheaper.
>>
>>3250252

I'd be pretty impressed if RS2 has sold very well. It's not like it's been advertised at all or anything.
>>
>>3250259
Hasn't even hit up on the New Games list, so who knows? All Square's titles have decent numbers.

Being untranslated until now might have an impact too, but I doubt it'd be a very big one.
>>
It's definitely less than ideal but I'm casting my phone's screen, so, the game, to my TV and playing with a bluetooth controller. It's working fine but I thought I should mention that my controller's D-Pad doesn't work, I have to use the analog stick instead. I don't know if this'll apply to every controller though.

I've just passed on to Gerard but in most random battles so far, at least one character manages to get themselves killed. Is this similar to RS3 in that grinding is anti-productive or should I put in some time to increase stats? I don't want to fuck things up like I did when I first played RS3.

>>3250225
Literally autism. I forgot the backgrounds were redone 15 minutes into the game.

>I understand that life is too hard for you and you take what you can get
Holy shit dude, calm down. It's just a video game! :^)

>>3250259
As of now there's only 55 ratings on the Play Store, unfortunately. The downloads counter is still showing 0 as well.
>>
>>3250225
If you know the language to play the original and already have an opinion that the new version is shit, why wouldn't you just go play the original instead of sitting in a thread complaining about how the phone version looks bad?

Most people, even the ones playing it, will agree with you that this version looks like shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.