[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good place to buy repros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: Final-Fantasy-VI-600x450.jpg (92 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Final-Fantasy-VI-600x450.jpg
92 KB, 600x450
Anyone here have any experience buying Reproduction carts? (especially European)

I've been looking at the site of http://www.retropixed.com/ but I dont know what other people think of this site, what are the best places to buy reproductions?
>>
>>3242872
Why not spend your money on something worthwhile?
>>
>>3242880
Video Games are worthwhile tho?
And some of the games im looking for werent originally released here (for example Final Fantasy or Super Mario RPG)
>>
>>3242885
I just see no reason for it period. If you really want to play on a CRT then a flash cart is a much better investment. Otherwise there's no reason at all not to emulate.

You're literally paying bootleggers through the nose for a plastic casing on a freely availible rom. lol
>>
>>3242872
Seems pretty expensive famicom. I try not to spend more than 20 for a game. Maybe 30 if im feeling real crazy
>>
>>3242895
Well for everdrive you need a modded snes and sd2snes is fucking overpriced.

I can see why you feel that way tho.

>>3242896
Still less expensive than most Snes Flashcarts
>>
>>3242872
aliexpress, get ugc and print your own covers and save some bucks..
>>
>>3242872
Burger here. I wish they had a repro of Cannon Fodder (pal exclusive) modded for 60hz. But these are as expensive as brand new games so idk.
>>
>>3242913
European here, should i buy a Final Fantasy VI cart from that site?
>>
>>3242915
Go for it. Collecting games is half the fun of being a JRPG fan. Plus theres the novelty of it. Id like to get a repro of star ocean 1 english translation
>>
>>3242926
They have that actually (PAL Cart tho)

http://www.retropixed.com/?product=star-ocean
>>
>>3242915
I wouldnt be surprised if there is one for cheaper somewhere so look around
>>
>>3242930
I saw a cheaper site somewhere, but they had very bad reviews and shit so i didnt trust it

this also comes with a nice box
>>
>>3242872
>supporting commercial pirates
>not simply buying a flashcart
retard
>>
>>3243090
I dunno, a physical collection is still cooler than a flashcart
Those flashcarts are overpriced as all hell anyway
some even require a modded snes anyway so whats the point
>>
>>3243090
>abandonware
>commercial pirates

Id buy a repro instead of supporting reseller scum anyday.
>>
>>3242885
Damn your stupid son. No wonder you're europoor.
>>
>>3242904
>Well for everdrive you need a modded snes
What the fuck are you smoking? I have an Super Everdrive, my SNES isn't modded at all. It will work on your SNES, you just need the PAL roms.

If you really want the games that weren't released as PAL, then just get uCON64 and "fix" the NTSC roms yourself and load them onto a flashcart. It will be the exact same thing as one of these "50hz modded" repros. You:>>3242913
Get a flashcart, get the rom, get uCON64, and mod it yourself.

There is NO point in buying a reproduction cart unless it's of a game that can't be run through a flashcart. If you are a collector, then there is no point in having a cart that isn't authentic, and if you just want to play on real hardware the flashcart is cheaper than buying 2 repros.
>>
>>3242872
50Hz
>>
>>3242904
>modded snes
this is what re sellers want you to believe
KEK
>>
>>3242872
>tfw no chip repros
>>
>>3243147
I just pirate. Always have. Always will.
>>
>>3243869
>meme
FF6 runs at full speed, memehomo.
>>
http://www.lostclassicvgs.com/
pricey but you can get English translated carts here
>>
>>3242872
Just buy a flasha flashcart
>>
Why buy a repro for 15 dollars for a single game when you can get 99% of a console's library for 80-120 dollars with a flashcart?
>>
>>3247225
Because some people with disposable income want physical carts instead of a boring multimedia device.
>>
>>3247227
So then why would you buy a repro? It's like a flashcart but with less games.
>>
File: il_570xN_831973059_t0at.jpg (47 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN_831973059_t0at.jpg
47 KB, 570x380
>>3247229
Because carts are fun.
>>
>>3247231
But flashcarts are carts.
>>
repros are great if you want to pay for pirated software and cheap plastic, want a lot of junk that takes up space and is a pain in the ass to move, and want a collection that is worth nothing and nobody gives a shit about
>>
>>3247567
I'M ANGRY ABOUT VIDEOGAMES
>>
>>3247581
what
who's angry
I'm just pointing out all of the disadvantages of repro carts so that I can feel rightfully superior to OP
>>
>>3247567

Yeah, I prefer to do the intelligent thing and spend thousands of dollars on a handful of games so I can smugly look down on others
>>
>>3247660
collectors are retarded too but at least their hoarding has a purpose
>>
I have never seen anything more retarted than people paying for repros Jesus buy a flashcart u fucking idiots

Repros- worthless and impossible to resell Arguably leads to destruction of original carts makes you look like a loser

And stop with all that need to mod my system shit you people are nuts
China has flashcarts for $50-80
Get all the games if you are going that route
Aliexpress aliexpress aliexpress
You fucking bastards
>>
>>3247674
>their hoarding has a purpose

The only possible purpose is has over flashcarts/repros is for resell.
>>
>>3247880
Why do you bother playing and beating games? "no possible purpose" am I right? I mean what's the point? Maybe you like to beat them, while maybe people like to have the original games.

Repros are different because they're inherently just trying to fool yourself by putting a sticker on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for people collecting original games, but however bad that is at least they're not as stupid as people using repros.
>>
>>3247895
>Why do you bother playing and beating games? "no possible purpose" am I right?

Strawman ahoy.

>Repros are different because they're inherently just trying to fool yourself by putting a sticker on it.
>maybe people like to have the original games.
>they're not as stupid as people using repros.
> Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for people collecting original games

Could have fooled me.
>>
>>3243094
>some even require a modded snes anyway so whats the point

Is this a new meme? Nobody believes this, surely.
>>
>>3247073
Do they have Pal Shape carts?
>>
>>3247738
Implying that chinese crap isnt even worse quality

I usually dont trust china when it comes to stuff like this, not that repro makers are any mroe trustworthy so its basically pick your posion
>>
>>3247738
Cant they just mold/3d print cases for repros nowadays anyway?
>>
has anyone started making repros for GB/GBC/GBA games?
really tough trying to acquire the super mario land / wario land games.
and now the pokemon games have almost doubled in price from last year.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.