[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the best level in yoshis island in your opinion /vr/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: YoshisIsland.jpg (72 KB, 620x309) Image search: [Google]
YoshisIsland.jpg
72 KB, 620x309
what is the best level in yoshis island in your opinion /vr/?
>>
File: KeepMoving!!!!.png (2 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
KeepMoving!!!!.png
2 KB, 256x224
>>
>>3242539

It's hard to pick a favorite level because almost all of them have something neat to offer. I think 4-2, 3-3 and 1-7 are my top three to choose from.

If you are asking for the generally most acclaimed level from the game, I have no idea which one could be that.
>>
Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
>>
the level where you ski down the mountain was pretty fuckin awesome
>>
>>3242539
I love that world map, I love how it changed when you got to the last world and I love the animations after beating each world. Every level is fun except for Poochey Ain't Stupid and the Realllllly Long Cave.
>>
I'd have a much easier time picking my least favourite levels, that's how good this game is.

It has been a while since I've played this but I never liked that long autoscroller cave (6-5 I believe?).
>>
>>3242683
This. I used to plug this game in just to play that level from time to time.

Also, I'm impressed the skiing mechanic was only used for that level. Nowadays if they had bothered to program that in, they would have rehashed it over and over until you were sick of it. Yoshi's Island was all about coming up with unique gameplay ideas just for a single level, then moving on to something new.
>>
The GBA remake reuses it in one of the additional levels included in the port, but yeah, your point still stands.
>>
Every level that isn't Kamek's Revenge. That level can go eat a fucking dick.
>>
>>3242546
This. Outrunning giant chain chomp should have been an entire level.
>>
File: 2-6.png (825 KB, 3587x2048) Image search: [Google]
2-6.png
825 KB, 3587x2048
2-6 The Cave of the Mystery Maze
>>
End boss
>>
>>3244701
To be fair, the skiiing mechanic was used again in Extra level 5. Then again, beating YI on hundred percent takes time and effort and most people never got to that part back in the day so I don't blame you.

I agree with your statement about how unique the gameplay ideas are.
>>
I loved playing Raphael the Raven's fortress over and over again and literally running laps around him. Just spinning that moon was so damn fun.
>>
File: mario-world-2-fuzzy.jpg (39 KB, 468x303) Image search: [Google]
mario-world-2-fuzzy.jpg
39 KB, 468x303
>>3242539
The one where yoshi does drugs of course!
>>
File: 1462791175739.jpg (118 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1462791175739.jpg
118 KB, 600x800
>>3242556
Came here to post this
>>
>>3242556
This
>>
>>3242556
Meme answer but also the correct answer
>>
>>3242683
The snow levels altogether. Really cozy and I love the lakitus throwing fire.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.