[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you call either of the 3D Lemmings games at least "good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 3dlemmings_boxart.jpg (45 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
3dlemmings_boxart.jpg
45 KB, 356x500
Would you call either of the 3D Lemmings games at least "good for its time"?
>>
There was a 3D Lemmings?
>>
>>3240805
I loved it when I was a kid, so it was good for "my time". I don't know if I'd like it if I went back to it, though.
>>
>>3240805
>"good for its time"
Can this meme stop already?
>>
>>3240805
>"good for its time"?

kys faggot
>>
>>3242708
>>3242710
As far as early 3D games are concerned, "good for its time" is appropriate. It took a while for devs to figure out 3D camera/controls. There were real inventions (analog sticks, camera algorithms, etc.) that objectively improved 3D gaming.
>>
>>3242708
>all games are equally good
>>
File: lpidemo.png (429 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lpidemo.png
429 KB, 640x480
Lemmings Paintball was good, fight me
>>
If anyone is interested in the original Lemmings.
Here is the link for old times sake.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e9d7d8e06211f39810ec56be5429a93befe23311&dn=LemmingeOriginal.exe
>>
http://www.camanis.net/lemmings/clones.php

fucking love classic lemmings
>>
>>3242708
It's not a meme. Some things were good enough in their time but don't hold up well now.
>>
>>3242781
Never said that nor imply that.

>>3242820
How does for example Lemmings 3D not hold up?
>>
>>3240805
3D Lemmings was garbage with garbage controls.
>>
>>3242927
No clue, I only ever played the 2D ones. But that guy was referring to "good for it's time" being a meme, which it isn't. I you're honestly confused and care, there's an exhaustive thread about it here. >>3209230
>>
>>3242792
I'll just agree with you, man.
>>
>>3242931
No wonder all the action in Lemmings Revolution took place on a cylinder. It's easier to navigate that way.

I do wonder if you could design better controls for Lemmings 3D.
>>
>>3244536
wat
>>
>>3244753
In Lemmings Revolution the world is just tubular.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIBGdI1aUjw

A very 90s review of the thing.
>>
Did any of the Lemmings games come with a level editor? It seems like the perfect series to have one (especially Lemmings 2 with all the crazy shit like stage hazards they added in that game) but I don't recall any of the ones I've played (on PC at least) letting you create stages
>>
>>3247970
try copy lemmings from >>3242804
>>
The music in this was one of the best in the series
>>
>>3241943
This.
>>
>>3242708
was the meme good for its time though
>>
>>3242708
Most retro games age poorly. Go back to /v/
>>
>>3252801
You aged poorly nigger.
>>
>>3254213
kek
>>
>>3240805
Lemmings 3D was criticised at its time for being convoluted to navigate, needlessly difficult and plain unfun. Having played the demo, I do not disagree. It was victim of the thought that "everything is better in 3D".
>>
>>3247970
Lemmings relies on thoughtout puzzles in consistent and beautiful environments. Normal people are terrible at both these things. If you gave Lemmings an editor you'd end up with hundreds of thousands of plain bad levels, with obscure solutions, that only make sense to the creator, no hinting throughout the level, or no puzzle at all. The value to interested Lemmings players? Zero. Even if a level or two would have been good or smart, finding them in all that shit would have been far more painful than it is to find good "hidden gems" today
>>
>>3242792
This and Lomax were pretty fun.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.