[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Famicom Game Recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: IMAG0392.jpg (2 MB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0392.jpg
2 MB, 2688x1520
'Sup.

I've basically started collecting Super Famicom games, now that I have an SFC. (I'm also collecting PS1 NTSC-J games, but that's for another time)

So far I have these six games, five of which are RPGs. Currently looking for some recommended games; can be basically anything, but being playable without reading much of the Nipponese is somewhat of a boon.

So lads. What do you recommend?
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+super+famicom+games
>>
File: 14640965392931401754846.jpg (850 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
14640965392931401754846.jpg
850 KB, 2560x1440
>>3239843
Why would u get rpgs if u cant read nip?
Heres my collection
>>
File: a bomb2.jpg (16 KB, 266x230) Image search: [Google]
a bomb2.jpg
16 KB, 266x230
>>3239860
Literally the only reason was because I wanted them. I'm trying to learn it, but I'm just damn lazy.
I can read kana just fine, but actually interpreting the language......ye nah.
But yeah. Neat stuff. Imma take a note of these ones...

>>3239859
Thanks famalama.
>>
File: sfc.jpg (943 KB, 2460x2246) Image search: [Google]
sfc.jpg
943 KB, 2460x2246
Just buy an everdrive, there's tons of RPG with fan translations.
>>
>>3240036
Rather I didn't, to be honest.
I prefer having the actual games, rather than just a collection of ROMs. Maybe if I have the actual game first I might consider that, but not until then.
>>
>>3240059
You can have both. I play the games with the everdrive and then buy the ones i like the most.
But you can't play the japan-only rpg's if you don't know moon, and even the translated ones in US or Europe are expensive as fuck.

Still, try the Kunio-kun games, they don't require too much japanese, at least Kunio-tachi no Banka.
>>
Umihara Kawase
>>
>>3240059
>just a collection of ROMs
That's what video games are, though. Whether they're on a cartridge or not. Are you actually so dumb that you don't know that? Are you actually so stupid that you think ROM means "emulator file downloaded off the Internet"? God, I hate this new generation of idiots that use words when they have absolutely n oidea what they mean.
>>
>>3240131
...I am aware of what is on the cartridges.

In the context of what I was referring to, I was referring to ROM files, not ROM modules on cartridges.
I was asking for specific games, not for an Everdrive onto which ROM files would be loaded.

And you're saying I'm dumb just because you weren't able to discern context...?
>>
>>3239843
Umihara Kawase
Super Bomberman 3-5
Gundam Wing Endless Duel(Best fighting game on the console)
Whatever you would find in a typical SNES library since games are that much cheaper to buy SFC
>>
>>3240504
I forgot about Gundam Wing...
Thanks for that one!
>>
Super Bonk 2,Super Back to the Future 2, and Clock Tower
>>
>>3240036
Do you recommend getting a cheap ass knock off everdrive? I've been tempted to get one forever
>>
>>3243542
Sure. I bought mine directly from krikzz but i guess chinese copies should work too.
If you like rpg's, don't know moon and don't like to use emulators you are gonna need one.
It's pretty cheap for what it offers.
>>
>>3240036
>Paladins Quest
Isn't it really, really, bad?
>>
File: Goemon.gif (32 KB, 400x280) Image search: [Google]
Goemon.gif
32 KB, 400x280
I'm severely disappointed at how I always have to be the one to mention this franchise in these threads. The SNES/Super Famicom games are probably the pinnacle of the series, or at least 2 and 4 are.

It's called Ganbare Goemon.
>>
>>3244654
I have not played it yet. Wasn't a prequel of some better game or something like that?
>>
>>3244663
How playable are they without knowing Japanese?
I've considered buying the rest of the series, but always hear that not knowing Japanese presents a few roadblocks in each of them.
>>
>>3244698

2 and 4 are playable without a guide, you'll just miss the wacky humor and story.

>>3244663
I often mention Goemon too. One of my favorite series.
>>
>>3244654
It's not horrible, but I wouldn't call it great either. It was okay. Had a few unique things going for it (the setting, and the magic system that uses HP to cast instead of MP) but overall it was pretty mediocre. I enjoyed it, though.

>>3244669
Lennus 2. It got a fan translation and is far, far better than Paladin's Quest, enough so that I actually recommend it. There are only a few references to Paladin's Quest in it, and all near the very end of the game, so you don't miss out on too much by skipping the first game.
>>
>>3239843
You understand moonrunes?
If want cheap games go buy the puyo puyo games. They are cheaps
>>
>>3244716
Thanks, now i remember why there's Paladin's Quest in that picture. I've heard some nice things about Lennus 2. Also the cover it's so beautiful.
>>
File: 220px-AlcahestSNES_boxart.jpg (41 KB, 220x406) Image search: [Google]
220px-AlcahestSNES_boxart.jpg
41 KB, 220x406
You might be able to play through this without speaking Japanese. It's a fun action game
>>
The Parodius series is pretty unique.
>>
>>3239843
I recommend you stop collecting cib for super famishit. Be a reaI man and collect ntsc CIB.
>>
>>3244698
>>3244704
Actually 4 has a few puzzles that will require a guide. One is a dialogue navigation tree where you have to out a tanuki posing as your love interest, and another where you have to spend exactly 5000 yen to buy 4 specific items.

2 can be done without one mostly, all I can think of is a secret exit to a town that can only be reached if you talk to someone, but its only once so it's no too obscure to find.

Just use a guide for all of them really, they're great games, it just sucks they were never translated.
>>
Yo, why don't you try and find a copy of "Hong Kong 1997", a real gem by Happysoft! (;
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.