[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you beat Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) without losing a single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: SMB2_Mouser.jpg (108 KB, 606x449) Image search: [Google]
SMB2_Mouser.jpg
108 KB, 606x449
Can you beat Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) without losing a single life and not using warps?
>>
I doubt it. GOAT game tho
>>
>>3240054
>>
>>3239660
Never even finished the game bro, got stuck at the 2nd or 3rd boss + I got lost in there somewhere
>>
>>3239660
Why is Mario in Lego Land?
>>
>>3239660
nope, easier than the original super mario bros though so its not as impossible
>>
Probably the first few worlds
>>
>>3239660
I think if I stuck at it and practiced I might, zero chance right now or in the near future though.
>>
>>3239660
Yeah. So what?
>>
>not using the warps
Shit, the warps are the only way I know how to beat some levels.
>>
I've beaten it before and I didn't even know 2 had warps.
>>
>>3240068
I can beat both quests of the original SMB with no warp zones, yet I've never been able to beat SMB2. Is something wrong with me?
>>
>>3241960
this
also I'm pretty sure fryguy would fuck me up if I ever tried a deathless run
>>
>>3240064
it's only the final boss though
>>
>>3239660
At first I thought you meant Super Mario Bros 2 Japan and was like "what the fuck, best people at running the game can't do that, why would I?", then realized it was the 2 USA.
>>
>>3240064
Because it's actually all a dream.
>>
>>3242481
Whoa careful with those unmarked spoilers man
>>
>>3239660
I've done it on the GBA before, but not sure if that counts or if the game was much different.
>>
>>3239660

I've beaten it warpless with Toad only. I'm sure I could do deathless if I practiced a little.
>>
>>3241969
>Is something wrong with me?

no, that other anon is a moron. SMB2 (usa) is NOT easier than SMB. not by any imaginable standard.
>>
>>3242704
Not him, but I didn't know that. I thought it was supposedly easier. For some reason SMB2us is the only Mario game I ever liked enough to beat. The main games never interested me a ton, but 2 is very different and fun.
>>
>>3239660
I beat it when I was 7 or 8, but I remember dying a lot. doubt I beat it through a second time
>>
>>3239660
I doubt that I could, but I wouldn't mind practicing at all since this is an awesome game.
>>
>>3239660
Yes, with sufficient practice.
>>
I was playing the prototype of Super Mario 2 which had yet to implement a run function. The level design is undoubtedly designed around your walking speed. The game gets so much easier when you run very sparingly.It seems counterintuitive but it makes the game way more fun.

Also the prototype underground music was boss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFw2wuUehs
>>
I can beat it without using warps. Asking me to beat it without dying is a tall order.
>>
>>3239660
no
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.