[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genesis Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (912 KB, 2448x2583) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
912 KB, 2448x2583
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 228x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 228x316
Post favorite game and model.

Favorite game: Vectorman
Favorite model: Pic related
>>
>>3239058
Comix Zone
The one with HIGH DEFINITION 16-BIT GRAPHICS on it.
>>
File: HIGH_GRADE_MULTIPURPOSE_USE.jpg (2 MB, 4240x2120) Image search: [Google]
HIGH_GRADE_MULTIPURPOSE_USE.jpg
2 MB, 4240x2120
>>3239058
Favorite Game: Rocket Knight Adventures
Favorite Model: Model 1 Japanese Mega Drive because I'm a filthy weeb.
>>
>>3239058
Thunder Force IV
Model 1 pre-VA6 (real YM2612 and no TMSS BIOS, aka that Sega copyright screen thing)
>>
>>3239045
Favorite game: Sonic 2
Favorite model: Model 2

Probably because of pic related. Oh, Christmas of 1993 made me such a happy boy. Usually I prefer the original designs of consoles, but there's something about the Model 2 Genesis. I think it exuded that sleek and fast attitude that Sega was all about, more so than the first version.
>>
File: image.jpg (962 KB, 2448x2767) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
962 KB, 2448x2767
>>3239132
If it wasn't so hard to find a good model 2 it would be my favorite model. I like the Genesis 3 the best because the size and how perfect the video looks. Contrary to popular belief Genesis 3 has RGB like the other models and in my opinion it looks the best. The only drawback is the mono only audio.
>>
>>3239146
>If it wasn't so hard to find a good model 2 it would be my favorite model
It wasn't hard for me. My original model was pretty shit, but I found a replacement just a few months ago on eBay with the 3/4 motherboard. A lot of sellers take pictures of the underside and you can clearly see it through the vents. Alternatively, you could just ask the seller to check. I think I got mine (console only) for like 20 bucks.

It was much harder finding an SNES with good RGB. Most ebay sellers that know they have one will charge rape prices. Luckily I found one at a flea market when the seller was kind enough to let me open it and check the motherboard.
>>
>>3239157
>Not getting the full sized VA1 and VA2]
>Not CCAM modding it to sound better than a model 1.
>>
>>3239162
Why waste time modding when you can just get the model 1 with HDG print in the first place.
>>
>>3239162
>CCAM
>Not Mega-Amp
>>
File: trespass.jpg (36 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
trespass.jpg
36 KB, 301x300
>>3239045
What does a band have to do with retro videogames?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.