[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone remember this game? I am not a fagget but so much people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: download (2).jpg (21 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
21 KB, 284x177
Anyone remember this game? I am not a fagget but so much people don't know about this game yet they say ''Oh i remember the times when i saved the princess in Super Mario Bros!'' ''Oh remember speeding through the level as sonic!'' seriously this is a fucking great game and you should get a ROM for it. Any speedrunning tips?
>>
>>3237861
I prefer Revenge. Super Shinobi II's gameplay made the game too easy and there were too many autoscroll sections.
>>
Uh... yeah, Shonibi is included in many retro game compilations for newer systems, it's on the PS3/360 Genesis collection, it's on Nintendo's virtual consoles, etc. It's one of Sega's most famous franchises, after Sonic and Streets of Rage.
>>
>>3237869
I agree.
>>
>>3237869
Sad thing is, the beta for III looks much better than the game we ended up with.
>>
Still a great game.
>>
I prefer the first arcade game but a dog is fine too
>>
File: ryu-hayabusa.jpg (534 KB, 1016x889) Image search: [Google]
ryu-hayabusa.jpg
534 KB, 1016x889
>>3237861
Could Joe Musashi beat up Ryu Hayabusa?
>>
I've been playing Revenge for the first time recently, I think I'm doing fine but I had to set the shuriken to 90 instead of 50 in the options, playing on normal.

Any tips on when to use the ninjitsu techniques? I only ever use the fire attack sometimes, or the one that replenishes your health. Didn't really find the one that lets you jump higher too useful.

So far I can get to Stage 7 without using any continues, but that levels keeps fucking me over, I'm learning it though. Most of the game is memorization, the only thing that fucks me is that parts where you need to make a long double jump. Again, the ninjitsu technique didn't help there either and I die there a lot.
>>
>>3237992
Use the jump ninpo for stage 7 if you're bad at pixel-perfect platforming, you might also need it for the waterfall and highway stages. Don't ever use the fire or suicide ninpo. The electric ninpo is good if you're dying to certain bosses.
>>
>>3238001

I like "pixel-perfect" platforming, but the controls here seem a bit weird, any tips for that?
I could get the jump done (without even using the jump powerup), but then I also died a lot of times to it (even using the powerup).
>>
File: 4_ninja_five_o.png (13 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
4_ninja_five_o.png
13 KB, 350x233
Shinobi + Bionic Commando = Ninja Five-O (or Ninja Cop)
One of my favorite GBA games. It definitely leans more on the Shinobi side of things and feels like a great evolution of the series (even though it isn't part of it)
>>
>>3237971
Fuck yeah. Jitsu the fuck out of Ryu.
>>
>>3238056
Nigga probably wouldn't even need jitsu. He'd just throw shurikens from the shadows and Ryu'd be dead.
>>
Fuck yeah. Motherfucker fought a giant army, MORE THAN ONCE! One time, they had fucking military weapons.
>>
>>3237869
Yeah but still almost all retro Shinobis are great for different reasons.

>>3238001
Suicide ninpo can be ok if you're going to die anyway and it will give you the win.

Best way to cheese bosses is to reach them with the upgraded shuriken, then activate electricity so you don't lose it when you get hit, I do this as a precaution because I'm a baddie.

>>3238051
10/10 game, easily matches the Genesis Shonobi games, far superior to the garbage GBA Shinobi game.
>>
>>3237861
>I am not a fagget
Try again, PAL faggot.
>>
>>3237861
>Any speedrunning tips?

Dash attack everything
>>
>>3237861
>o much people don't know about this game yet they say ''Oh i remember the times when i saved the princess in Super Mario Bros!''
Is this supposed to be a contradictory statement or something? What the fuck are you even trying to say?
>>
>>3238010
Double jumping requires your input at the apex of the first jump. It's just a matter of timing. Aside from that the controls are pretty normal I think.
>>
>>3238991

Yeah, took me a while to get used to the double jump, I still keep having problem with that specific part of the first part of stage 7 though. Anyway I just looked up online and seems to be a part a lot of people have trouble with, kind of an infamous part of the game I guess.
I like the controls actually. I like being able to walk while ducking, they just get some time to get used to.
>>
Shinobi 2 Arcade is fucking awesome

the Shinobi 2 console version was a completely different game

As for the rest, they're good but don't quite match the fun and playability of Shinobi original Arcade or fun of Shinobi 2 Arcade
>>
>>3237861
>tips

watch Mike Uyama run it at one of the older GDQs on youtube
>>
>>3241789
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly0aTeqRD7E
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.