[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: opinions that are unpopular, whether outside of /vr/ or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (498 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
498 KB, 1024x768
ITT: opinions that are unpopular, whether outside of /vr/ or in /vr/:

Unpopular on /vr/, popular in reality:
>The SNES was a top-3 all-time console
>Nintendo isn't Satan and there were good Nintendo games
>The Genesis was the best Sega console
>collectathons are fun
>spyro is better than crash
>MK64 is better than CTR and DKR for battle mode alone, even if the "normal" racing is subpar
>using the term "nintendrone" is the new fedora, as is any equivalent term for sega and Sony
>console wars are for poorfags who can't afford both

Unpopular everywhere:
>mega man 1-8 are piss easy (but still fun)
>pic related is the best SNES RPG
>>
>ITT: opinions that are unpopular, whether outside of /vr/ or in /vr/:

Quality threads on /v/r.
>>
>>3237704
/vr/ is full of intelligent adults who don't recycle the same shit threads every few days.
>>
>>3237704
Mega Man 1 is piss easy? I just really suck, then...
>>
>>3238510
Megaman 1 is really hard because of garbage controls but it becomes easy once you start abusing the pause exploit I guess.
>>
File: 1463988913166.png (205 KB, 487x414) Image search: [Google]
1463988913166.png
205 KB, 487x414
>>3237704
>Nintendo isn't Satan
Modern Nintendo is cancer
>using the term "nintendrone" is the new fedora
That's why I use Nintoddler
>Babies first RPG
>Best
>>
>>3237748
>demand for board all about having no new content
>complain about no new content

future you choose
>>
>>3238732
>worshiping or condemning corporations as if they were monolithic gods or devils executing a single minded will
>>
File: 1462603259691.png (128 KB, 237x218) Image search: [Google]
1462603259691.png
128 KB, 237x218
>>3238772
Nintendo is shit m8
>>
>>3238780
>it isn't even the same guys working there anymore
>>
File: 1462008586396.jpg (48 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1462008586396.jpg
48 KB, 960x960
>>3238803
ok?
>>
>>3237704
>The SNES was a top-3 all-time console
It is, alongside Nes and Genesis. Not even nostalgia. PSX is fourth, but undoubtedly, SNES, NES and Genesis are top 3

>Nintendo isn't Satan and there were good Nintendo games
There were. It's just now-a-days Ninty or their fans don't really pay much mind to non-first party stuff, then overhype/pay too much mind to new first party stuff that, in actuality, is a lot of rehashed stuff. There are 8 Mario Karts, 4 Smashes, so many Super Marios. They aren't bad at all, but it's comparable to Madden 20XX or COD: X Warfare

>The Genesis was the best Sega console
Yea, hands down it was the most successful. Best depends on how much you like the Saturn or Dreamcast. For me, Genesis is the strongest bc of it's library, but Saturn and Dreamcast remind of what could've been. Powerstone and Jet Grind Radio are two of my favorite games

>collectathons are fun
True 'just go around this area and get stuff' mostly aren't fun to me. But, technically a lot of games are collectathons. SM64 is a collectathon for example and it's very fun.

>spyro is better than crash
Only because he's a fucking dragon and no one knows what a bandicoot is.

>MK64 is better than CTR and DKR for battle mode alone, even if the "normal" racing is subpar
That depends on if you had people to play with. I did so I agree. For single player though, you're gonna want DKR

>using the term "nintendrone" is the new fedora, as is any equivalent term for sega and Sony
Buzzwords are overused in general. Nintendrones are people who just like seeing franchises they grew up with aren't dead. See Spyro, Crash, Gex, Klonoa, Contra, Castlevania, etc. We all have some series we wished kept going strong and Nintendo is good at doing just that.

>console wars are for poorfags who can't afford both
Probably. I had a SNES and Genesis bc 4kids 1House, so console wars didn't exist beyond MK/SF for what system.

Autistic opinions, feel free to ignore them
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.