[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of this area? Not that I have a problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: why.png (753 KB, 793x599) Image search: [Google]
why.png
753 KB, 793x599
What's the point of this area? Not that I have a problem with it, just why? I know you go here at the end, but through the tunnel to right, so why did either bother with a bridge, and a whole animation for it breaking and Conker falling? A relic from the old game design? It looks nice though.
>>
I think its just there for the player to go "ohh"
>>
>>3236872
It was most likely either cut content or just the set up to a joke where they build it up for the whole game and then deflate it in the final moments.
>>
Foreshadowing. Much like how you can see all the other levels in the background from the top of the barn yard level.
>>
File: Hm.jpg (69 KB, 347x346) Image search: [Google]
Hm.jpg
69 KB, 347x346
>>3236872
Does anyone know of any of games of this format? Like, you can run around and explore a world but there aren't collectibles in every corner, and aside from the 3D navigation with platforming, it doesn't really have a distinct genre?
>>
>>3237027
Shenmue
>>
>>3237073
Doesn't Shenmue sort of fall into an overarching interactive cinematic sorta of genre, like an current gen Naughty Dog game, what with quicktime events and shootout sequences and such?
>>
>>3236872
Watch these videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgtAXCaSlpk

They explain a lot about the game (including your question)

>>3236929
Spoiler alert: this is the correct answer.
>>
>>3236929
Yes, there's a similar concept with the windmill
>>
File: 1397792604225.png (250 KB, 480x750) Image search: [Google]
1397792604225.png
250 KB, 480x750
>>3237167

>shootout sequences
>Shenmue
>>
File: Come_on_dude.png (40 KB, 188x223) Image search: [Google]
Come_on_dude.png
40 KB, 188x223
>>3237561
>JonTron reaction image
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.