[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
blast processing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: Ecco.png (15 KB, 960x672) Image search: [Google]
Ecco.png
15 KB, 960x672
what games show off blast processing at its finest?
>>
File: image.jpg (456 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
456 KB, 1334x750
>>3235960
Sonic CD or anything from the Sonic megadrive trilogy
>>
>>3235960
Starfox.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuYFmIEtLLk
>>
>>3235960
Definitely not that.
>>
File: gunstar.gif (20 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
gunstar.gif
20 KB, 320x224
Gunstar Heroes gets pretty impressive with tons of enemies onscreen at once with little slowdown.
>>
>>3235960
Vectorman
>>
File: bitch what.jpg (67 KB, 485x700) Image search: [Google]
bitch what.jpg
67 KB, 485x700
>>3235960

>blast processing
>>
>>3237851

>bitch what posting
>>
>>3237851
why do you keep posting this gay jap?
>>
File: saywhat.jpg (19 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
saywhat.jpg
19 KB, 575x323
>>3235960
>blast processing
>has nothing to do with processing, but its faster RAM
>>
>>3237851
What? It's a perfectly cromulent kind of processing.
>>
>>3237937
>cromulent
Fucking KEK!
>>
>>3235960
This level still blows my mind that it's running on a genesis.
>>
>>3239958
Why was Rampage edition even made? Its like a poor clone of the original.
>>
File: 616.gif (21 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
616.gif
21 KB, 320x224
>>3239967
They're just different, RE is more action based, the first one was more methodical. I love them both, but I slightly prefer Rampage. I've heard several people say they didn't like it though. To each their own I guess.
>>
>>3239972
Maybe its just the sprite upgrades. They have this strange outline around them, like a primitive celshading.
>>
>>3239994
Yeah, the game in general is brighter and a little more cartoony than the first one. I liked it, but I can understand preferring the look of the first one.
>>
>>3239958

Shame the first game was rushed, Rampage Edition really showed that with some extra polishing time the original game could have been much more fun.
(the first game just doesn't feel right, like everything is slower than it should be)
>>
>>3237890

Literally because it's fun.
>>
>>3240019
First game really needed some blast processing, there is embarrassing slowdown all over the place. I still think I prefer it to RE, although they're both decent.
>>
>>3240103
>>3240103
isn't the same game but rampage edition lets you be the raptor?
>>
>>3240125
They're different games and they both let you be either Grant or the raptor.
>>
Man people are welcome to their opinions but I HATED Rampage Edition ever since I first played it. Got it because I loved the first game and was hoping for more like it.

It's not just the cartoonier graphics and overall 90s XTREEMism it's injected with but there is like no intentional level design of any kind in Rampage Edition at all. It's all these big, messy areas with unclear objectives and no real structured challenges. It feels like it was designed by a six year old to me.

I guess they're just two extremely different games despite sharing so many assets.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.