[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Virtual Boy Lamp-O-Tron
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: mh60xz.jpg (51 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mh60xz.jpg
51 KB, 800x600
Hey /vr/

Do any of you own the Virtual Boy? I know not many people talk about it here. I can't find a comfortable way to play the damn thing so I'm trying to make my own Lamp-O-Tron.

Any of you do any do it yourself stuff or have any ideas how I could go about making this?
>>
http://www.planetvb.com/modules/workshop/?04

This seems to explain it but I suck so much at making shit I can't wrap my head around it.
>>
>>3235389
Looks like a lamp desk with a clamp, and he just screwed in to the base of the Virtual Boy stand.
>>
>>3235389
Shit, they should've released that as an upgrade.
>>
not a bad idea but i will say that the virtual boy is one of the cases where emulation is way better
>>
>>3235389
wow thats genius.
looks cool as fuck like that too.
>>
Why do you even want to play that thing? Its absolutely fucking carbitch.
>>
>>3235981
>>
>>3235981
... No. No it isn't. You don't get 10% of the feel or the look from emulation.
>>
>>3235389
OP, I looked into the lamps for you.

It's a standard desk lamp with clamp. It has a T bolt on the end that you simply screw into the place on the Virtual Boy legs. It should work fine with any desk lamp with clamp, unless the Virtual Boy is too heavy.
>>
is there a way to do this that doesn't fuck up a VB stand though? Those things aren't the easiest in the world to come by, and I'd rather not see them destroyed even for a project like this.
>>
>>3236060
How would it fuck up the stand?

The stand is detachable. Do you even own a virtual boy?
>>
>>3235389
There's nothing you can do to make it comfortable that doesn't look completely ass. When I was building VR shit in the 80's we supported the weight of the headset with a similar contraption that ran down your back to your hips. You could try something like that. At least then you aren't clamped to a table.

>>3236039
You can always use concrete instead of cardboard if you want that 100% authentic neck pain. kek
>>
has anyone actually put the guts of an Rift into a virtual boy?
>>
>>3236063
I've seen a mod like this that removed the stand legs and drilled holes into the clamp that connects the stand to the VB. I assumed this one did the same. Does it keep the stand intact? I went to the link in the thread but it didn't seem to clarify this point to me. I tried googling 'lamp-o-tron' and got the same linked page.
>>
>>3236380
I don't know.
>>
>>3235389
I had no idea the stand was so messed up. I used to play on kiosks and remember loving mario tennis.
>>
>>3236173
Why would anyone do that?
>>
>>3236380
There are already screw holes on the stand. You just screw the lamp screws into it.
>>
>>3238907
hipster cred first and foremost

I think the problem is that people who blow sizeable sums of money on cutting edge tech, people who are crafty with tech, and people who care about looking hip are not a sizeable overlap. Maybe 2 of the 3 are common in people, but not all 3.
>>
>>3238990
You sound like a 15 year old.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.