[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Perfect Dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1.png (424 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1.png
424 KB, 500x375
Dear 4chan, should I play original N64 version or special version for Xbox 360?
>>
360. If you even have to ask then you don't deserve the original.
>>
>>3232968
N64. If you have to ask you're as retarded as the poster above me
>>
Good thread.
>>
xbox360
The N64 version didn't age well and it has clunky controls.
>>
Xbox version is superior in every way
>>
>>3233669
>>3233753
I find the Xbox controls more clunky. The N64 control stick allows you to make more precise sight movements while aiming in the game. With the Xbox control stick you're just all over the place.
>>
>>3232968
>>3233860
I recently played the xbox version for the first time. I was a die hard n64 version, but the xbox one has some merits, yes the graphics are look much better and remasted, but the controls are clunky

overall it was a much better port than i was expecting
>>
360 wins for the framerate alone.
>>
>>3232968
Say you're a fan of the GoldenEye/Perfect Dark multiplayer, the Xbox 360/Xbox One versions are a dream come true with HD graphics and 60 fps, so local play isn't tarnished by slow down or ghosting effects. These positives can also be applied to the single player which is also pretty good, albeit I'm not a fan of Joanna's new face which has a sort of Eastern European slutty sort of look, but I digress. People itt are saying the controls are wonky, but I don't remember having a hard time on either version. They're both good, as in I own both the N64 and 360 versions and played them hundreds of times. Been recently playing through the N64 version again and iirc all the weapons, maps, cheats are easily accessible in the 360 version while the N64 version requires to beat the other difficulties, speedrun through levels, beat the multiplayer challanges, and utilize the GBC game and transfer pak so unlocking everything in the N64 version is a hassle if you just want to play around with cheats or play the GoldenEye multiplayer maps/weapons.
They're both good in their own ways, so they warrant their own purchases if you care about small details or like a particular way of playing. I'm a fan of the N64 original, but the 360 version is really good and probably fitting of being called the 'definitve version'.
>>
File: pd12_1280x1024.jpg (143 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
pd12_1280x1024.jpg
143 KB, 1280x1024
How about this, there's a perfectly free demo of the XBLA version of Perfect Dark that you can play. Play it, and if you think you might enjoy it more with worse audio and graphics, and a triple-headed alien dildo for a controller, you'll have answered your own question.

I get the impression some anons wouldn't be able to find a bathroom in public without shitting themselves if they couldn't waste a thread asking for help.
>>
>>3233860
Not to mention the ungodly amount of precision needed for the left analog stick to recognize that you're trying to speed strafe. It would have been nice to be able to map movement to the d-pad or the face buttons (since the x360 d-pad sucks too). I really like the x360 version but wish I didn't have to actively go out of my way to focus on getting the left analog in just the right position in order to move fast.
>>
File: perfectdarkchanges03.jpg (15 KB, 432x157) Image search: [Google]
perfectdarkchanges03.jpg
15 KB, 432x157
>>3234712
I love the JP box art so much, even tho it doesn't match the goofiness and not so serious story of the actual game.
I also prefer how Joanna looks in that version too.
>>
64 version or even an EMU of it. The 360 version was complete shit. The controls, although dual-analog, were garbage. They fucked up the weapons for "balancing", they fucked up the graphics for "realism", and they really just did a partial port. Fuck that chaff.
>>
Xbox 360. Nicer graphics and gameplay feels the same if not better.

It even had online multiplayer at one point.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.