[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All-in-One Retro Game Console
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: mgjewxq9d5brypkpod7i.png (301 KB, 620x840) Image search: [Google]
mgjewxq9d5brypkpod7i.png
301 KB, 620x840
Anyone buying one of these? I'm old and I think this is pretty cool, but I also wonder if I could just build this myself? Is this think any good from a technical perspective?
>>
>>3232884
ugh.
>>
>>3232884
My wife and I love those.
>>
let the shilling begin
>>
>>3232895
Your wife's son?
>>
I have a Wii so no..
>>
>>3232918

I did the wii mod thing too. Legit not shilling for this thing here.
>>
What's this exactly? Another Retron 5 / Coleco Chameleon type disaster?
>>
Vr would recommend using flash carts on original consoles
>>
You've already got a functional computer, just save your money and load some games up in an emulator. Much more efficient than that giant paperweight.
>>
>>3232929
Looks like a cross between a Zino HD and a Wii. Probably more expensive than both put together while simultaneously having shittier specs but hey it has neat case panels with kewl retro grafix so there's that.
>>
>>3232929
I think it's a raspberry pi with a nice case and a cd drive.
>>
I was going to back them but I heard the creator is a German guy who's a real asshole and barely speaks to anyone who doesn't agree with him 100%. His first attempt to crowdfund this on Indiegogo failed because of it.

>>3232929

It is an emulation box but like the Retron 5, the point is to use original software (in this case CDs). It claims it can play pretty much all CD based consoles before PS2. I'm sure there's one or two omitted, but they claim Saturn emulation which would be fucking awesome if true. I've always wanted to see something like this made, CDs are such a ubiquitous format so it only makes sense to make a clone console that can play all CD based games.

I want to see it working before I give my money though. Especially after they claimed Saturn emulation the alarm bells in my head really went off. I know there are some Saturn emulators out there but they're shit.
>>
>>3232884
To be honest, I hate modern "oh look it's about #videogames they are so #cool and #nerdy" style.
Plain white-grayish machine like SNES or old PCs look a lot better.
>>
>>3232918
>>3232926
How do you softmod the wii?

I was wanting to play Doshin the Giant region free on it. I have a 32gb sandisk.
>>
>>3232884
Can we stop having these threads?

Please?

Please...

The same shit comments every time.

I know these machines are meant for emulation but there are constantly multiple threads about the trendiest new device.

We may as well just have Xbox One and PS4 threads, they can play retro games too.
>>
>>3233027
>they claim Saturn emulation which would be fucking awesome if true
I highly doubt a group of amateurs is capable to write some actual code. They'll probably steal Yabause code.
>>
>>3233034
Yeah, all this modern indie shit focuses more on aesthetics and thinking they can charge more for it. I guess it's because Apple proved that you can really rake in the hipster cash if you play your cards right.
>>
>>3233034

agree. They look terrible with those stupid side panels that are most likely just vinyl stickers. Even the plain box looks stupid with that blue line down the middle.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.