[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you apply filters to PC games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: NYJcO.png (534 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
NYJcO.png
534 KB, 1152x648
How do you apply filters to PC games?
>>
>>3232693
>filters
>>
>>3232693
This'll go down fast...
>>
>>3232693
SweetFX
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with filters. Some games desperately need them to iron out the edges a bit.
>>
I have a better question. My old graphics card sometimes applies a bilinear filter to games, when it shouldn't. There are no options for that sort of thing anywhere in its configuration. Is there a way to force nearest neighbor scaling in all games?
>>
>>3233124
How noticeable is it? I like nearest neighbor and bilinear
>>
>>3233124
check if it's your graphics card or your monitor. Some monitors will bilinear-filter the input when upscaling if it's below a certain resolution
>>
File: 1450029097088.jpg (15 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
1450029097088.jpg
15 KB, 312x312
>>3233095
>>
>>3233356
It's definitely the card. It imagine it happens when games try using video memory. I guess a way to force usage of system memory in games without the option is what I'm after.

>>3233282
Very. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I haven't played any retro games recently with the problem. Emulators always let me choose system memory, and I didn't have the problem with any other games, as far as I remember.
>>
>>3233124
You mean on the whole screen, not textures or sprites, right?
Anyway, give an example of game, even better with screenshot.
>>
>>3232693
I wonder this too. Basically I don't want to play any none HD game outside of retroarch because I miss the awesome shaders.
There must be a way to apply shaders on standard pc gamers, right? For example to play rayman 2 or something
>>
you can use some shaders on DOSBox, though that's mostly for the 320x200 games. In theory you could sneak a shader into the pipeline of a glidewrapper, but it seems to be low priority for understandable reasons. Computers running on resolutions beyond 640x480 never had very visible scanlines, and assumed square nearest-neighbor pixels, which is pretty much what present day monitors and outputs do. If you do use scanline based shaders for 320x200, remember that the output is 320x400
>>
>>3233808
Dosbox shaders are ugly and outdated.
>>
>>3233093
This. And it's called Resahde now. Don't see me wrong, I only used it to get antialiasing (it does SMAA with depth information, not just filters) in Dreamcast emulator.
>>
>>3233821
Daum allows writing shaders in HLSL. Go nuts
>>
File: FILTERS.jpg (156 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
FILTERS.jpg
156 KB, 640x640
>>
>>3232693
You don't.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.