[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /vr/ think of Dynamite Headdy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Dynamite_Headdy_Coverart.png (185 KB, 256x351) Image search: [Google]
Dynamite_Headdy_Coverart.png
185 KB, 256x351
What does /vr/ think of Dynamite Headdy?
>>
File: dynamite.jpg (426 KB, 2560x1792) Image search: [Google]
dynamite.jpg
426 KB, 2560x1792
>>3232514
I liked the belt scroller moments a lot.
>>
Best game on the Genesis 2_b_h family
>>
>>3232526
>I liked the beat 'em up moments a lot.
Fixed that for you.
>>
File: hey.gif (5 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
hey.gif
5 KB, 200x200
>>3232514
he da best
>>
>>3232526
>>3232569

Why does belt scroller trigger /vr/ so much
>>
>>3233307
Old farts unwilling to adopt a different genre term.
>>
You got a secret bonus point!
>>
>>3232526
That reminded me of other previous Konami games that also did that, like Animaniacs and Goemon.
>>
kuma
>>
A mediocre game overpraised because it's relatively obscure and has good graphics.
>>
amnesia
>>
>>3232526
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcWl2rI1qY4
>>
>>3235112
>overpraised

Now that's a new buzzword I haven't read before.

Can't wait for /opg/
>>
>>3235112
You sound like an analtriggered Nintendildo.
>>
>>3232514
it's a pretty good game. The japanese version is better because it's easier
>>
>>3233307
I think the butthurt "people" is just the same guy that's trying to force the meme.
>>
I still have to try that translated Japanese version that someone put up on Steam.
>>
>>3235237

>anyone who criticizes a Sega game MUST be a Nintendo fanboy.

FYI there's a lot of Sony fanboys, PC fanboys and even anti-Treasure guys around here.
>>
Played the trasnlated Jap ver.
I liked it, but it sometimes feels like it wanted to be more than it actually was.
Very enjoyable but not very replayable.
>>
>>3235281
Seriously though, Dynamite Headdy is often seen as one of the best 16-bit platformers. Calling it mediocre just makes you look like a jealous Nintendo fanboy that you missed out on getting those sweet 16-bit Treasure games.
>>
>>3235341
He's allowed to have an opinion. Stop being so triggered. You sound like an obsessive manbaby trying to fight consolewars from over two decades ago.
>>
>>3235357
He can have his opinion after he explains why Dynamite Headdy isn't good. Also, if anyone's the manbaby, it's him for shitposting in a Headdy thread.
>>
>>3235262
The plot isn't anything special but then again, it's far less WTF? than what it was without text.
>>
>>3235341
there is nothing to even indicate he is the one that called it mediocre, all he did was comment about the types of fanboys here. Stop being such a [insert current popular insult meme here]
>>
>>3235341

I'm not even the other guy, I think Dynamite Headdy is fantastic (I also don't think it was relatively obscure, I remember a lot of ad campaign back in the day, it also came features on promotional VHSs from Sega I got from some magazines back then, I was pretty hyped about it).

However, I was replying to you with your "nintendildo" boogeyman. I agree with >>3235357, you're just trying to get console war shitposting, get fucked.
>>
>>3235262
you can patch a japanese rom yourself or find it pretranslated on some skeezy rom download site, that fan translation has been around for years.
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1113/
>>
>>3235374

Pretty sure this is a retro games board.
>>
>>3235383
And what's the most pivotal, historical event during retro gaming?

That's right, Nintendo vs. Sega.
>>
>treasure

It's shit.
>>
>>3235367
yeah, it's not that obscure really, it's actually a pretty common video game and it doesn't even go for that much price wise. I think people confuse forgotten with obscure a lot of the times here.
>>
>>3235403
But I like having the competition, especially from great devs like Nintendo or Sega (compared to today where we have shitters like Microsoft and Sony ruling the roost). It's just that with competition, you're going to have people with their own tastes siding with their favorite companies and such. And by the way I had both, but that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore each system's flaws or not call out brand loyalists like the guy that said Headdy is mediocre probably because his SNES didn't get it.
>>
>>3235434

lol for some reason my post got deleted, janny probably thought I was shitposting. I'm not, I really think that.

Also sorry, I don't follow your logic. It was okay that companies competed back then, because thatbrought games to us, but that's in the past. You say you want competition, but you get salty about a supposed "Nintendildo" boogeyman you made up because he shitposted on your thread. If you enjoy "console war" competition, then you shouldn't bitch about your enemy fanboys doing their attacks, right?. Also you should know the enemy before you shot.

As you can see, not only Nintendo fans hate this game:
>>3235394

Nintendo fans love Treasure since they got a ton of exclusives from them. Dynamite Headdy is also available on Nintendo systems through VC.

You are a bad at war tactics, son.
>>
>If you enjoy "console war" competition, then you shouldn't bitch about your enemy fanboys doing their attacks, right?
What attacks? All I see from his post is bitter envy over Genesis getting great exclusives like Dynamite Headdy.

>Nintendo fans love Treasure since they got a ton of exclusives from them
They missed out on 6 games during the fourth gen from them, though. You don't think it's possible that some jaded Nintendo fanboy holds resentment for not getting those games back in the day when those systems actually relevant?

>As you can see, not only Nintendo fans hate this game:
That's just typical 4chan contrarian banter.

>Dynamite Headdy is also available on Nintendo systems through VC.
Yes, decades after the fact, who the fuck cares about emulation.

>You are a bad at war tactics, son.
And you're bad at reading comprehension.
>>
>>3235483

You know what? At this point I'm going to assume you're a falseflagging Nintendo fan wanting to make Sega fans look bad.
>>
>>3235394
Wipe this meme.
>>
>>3235358
He did. He felt it had great graphics but was mediocre as a whole. I feel the same way. I recognize that a lot of people love this game but it just feels meh when I play it. Great on the eyes but just doesnt keep me wanting to play.
>>
>>3232514
thought it was an "okay" game growing up and now the color palette just makes me wanna die so i don't play it at all
>>
File: 1457290557923.jpg (42 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
1457290557923.jpg
42 KB, 400x370
>>3235112
>>3235237
>>3235341
>>3235394
What's wrong with you?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.