[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AG Racing Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
Let's talk about AG racers like Wipeout and F-Zero!

To anyone interested, some dev is making a free open-source clone of the PSX Wipeout games called BallisticNG. It's pretty fun and is making fast progress, got Greenlight too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAKXgpGXgq8
>>
>>3232491
>BallisticNG
Does it have analog controls? Does it support DS3 or DS4? Usually free world suck when it's about controller support.
>>
>>3234064
Works fine for me. You already use MotionInJoy or SCPToolkit to use your PS controller with other games, right?

Works just fine with that.
>>
>>3234127
I have Linux, not Windows.
>>
File: came.jpg (23 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
came.jpg
23 KB, 512x384
Looks like a Wipeout 2097/3 with the tracks of the original. Godspeed devs.
>>
>>3234148
The game will take whatever controller input just fine. Not sure about the analog you can try it out though.

The only hard part about compiling it for Linux is doing it on a Linux machine itself-- getting Unity3D's editor installed to compile it is the hard part.

>>3234179
Craziest part is it's just one guy doing the brunt of the development.
>>
>>3234064
>>3234148
By analog, I mean that it does have them, just unsure if it'll work with any analog controller by default. It 100% works with any controller's buttons though, everything is re-mappable as long as you go into the controls menu and set the controller to "Gamepad (Triggers)"
>>
>>3234226
>The game will take whatever controller input just fine
Does it handles configuration with DS3 or DS4? No it's not automatic, DS3 and DS4 emits button signals when pressing analog and a lot of games fail to handle that correctly in free world. With many games I can't configure axis because of that double signal.

>>3234234
Does it use analog input? I mean that I can turn 19% left, not just 100% left?
>>
>>3234278
Yes. I haven't personally tried it on Linux, but it works fine for me on Windows.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.