[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout1 question thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: fallout1.jpg (90 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
fallout1.jpg
90 KB, 800x569
I started Fallout1.

I checked option 'run always'. and I had runned very well. but suddenly I can't run.

someone adviced 'press shift or double click'. but still walk.

how to fix it? is that the bug???
>>
File: fallout.png (127 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
fallout.png
127 KB, 640x480
Oh my god

crippled left leg lolol

what's the reality lol
>>
Use Doctor on yourself. I want remember if there are hospitals in game. Also I think carrying weight might slow you down being over-encumbered.
>>
>>3231524
man what a shit and uninteresting build
>>
Just keep using the doctor skill on yourself until your leg is healed. Also, you shouldn't have put strength at 10 so early. There is a perk for +1, an implant for +1, also power armor will raise it by 2.
>>
>>3232073
Not everyone reads guides and walkthroughs before making a character.
>>
File: 1399209072726.jpg (246 KB, 825x900) Image search: [Google]
1399209072726.jpg
246 KB, 825x900
Since this thread is here does anyone have starting tips for someone new to the series?

Things you wouldn't necessarily know out of the gate, etc...
>>
>>3232654
Damn, is this a thing? Playing fallout on a 3ds would be comfy af
>>
>>3232690
I wish. I could imagine a few CRPGs would work.

Having the inventory or your stats on an additional screen while you play could be good for some of the games that have ridiculous inventory management too.
>>
>>3231524
>int 4
Are you doing this for RP purposes or are you a literal retard?
>>
>>3232692
yeah, it would work really great with fallout 1&2 if they were modified a little to enable the use of inventory at the same time as the rest of the gameplay. In f1 and f2 there was a ridiculous amount of shuffling through your inventory during fights, so it would be an improvement. Upper screen for inventory, stats, text, lower for gameplay, fights, dialog options etc. I can see that work.
>>
>>3232073
power armor is +3 at least
>>
>>3232654
have 10 agi right at the start, this allows you to shoot twice every round

tag small guns, lockpick, speech

you can shoot through windows, and it's smart to fight from around a corner (move out, shoot, move back) so enemies cant shoot you and have to run closer
shoot people in the leg to make them slower, or in the arm to prohibit two-handed weapon use (or both to inhibit fighting at all, but ive never done that, so im not sure)
eyes for crits, but you gotta be good

if you open your item screen in battle, do anything that needs done while you're there
opening it up uses action points, but once you're in it, you dont use any more

sometimes to use an item on something, you have to go to your inventory and try to use the item and then click on the target, other times you have to right click the target and access your inventory and pick the item to use
dunno whats up with that
>>
>>3231598
>>3232073
>>3232697
Max Stone is the default premade character you numbfucks.
>>
>>3234104
>plays a default character
>calls others numbfucks
>>
File: Minimum Pebbles.png (619 KB, 713x514) Image search: [Google]
Minimum Pebbles.png
619 KB, 713x514
>>3234156
I'm not OP, I'm just not blind enough to miss the guy who takes up over half the screen when you start a new game.
>>
>>3234169
Are those default characters ever referenced in future games?

It'd be interesting to see where they end up.
>>
I just don't understand people who post the same retarded stuff about character minmaxing in every fallout/arcanum thread ever.
It takes two clicks to read a guide about this shit nowadays, like who gives a fuck if someone creates a 10 str or low int character?
They're probably the easiest crpgs you can finish with completely random point distribution, probably half of this board played them at age 10 or whatever, yet people recommend using broken shit to new players, spoil half the games or flame for not doing optimal calculated builds in a role playing game. it's so fucking retarded.
>>
>>3237378
There's the Cafe of Broken Dreams in the second game, a special encounter that breaks the fourth wall to show Fallout 1 characters complaining about how their players played the game. It's funny, but it doesn't do anything to dissuade people from the opinion that Fallout 2 did not take itself seriously enough for its established fans.
>>
>>3234169
>implying anyone actually read the name of OP's character
>>
Does anyone know a site where I can download this game for free? Also, does it run on DosBox?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.