[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make pic related run on Windows 10? I'm getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1311240-settlers3.jpg (65 KB, 600x844) Image search: [Google]
1311240-settlers3.jpg
65 KB, 600x844
How do I make pic related run on Windows 10?

I'm getting genuinely triggered.
>>
File: steven-seagal.jpg (1 MB, 3252x2264) Image search: [Google]
steven-seagal.jpg
1 MB, 3252x2264
>>3231141
>I'm getting genuinely triggered.

Well, I'm sorry to hear that
>>
>>3231141
and why would you use a spyware as an operating system?
>>
>>3231158
Microsoft will drop support for the older os.Its a matter of time.
>>
>>3231217
Yeah, so? Doesn't mean it suddenly explodes.
>>
>>3231141
Alright shit is working.

But with trashcan FPS.
>>
>>3231141
It runs fine on Win7 X64 (I've been playing it a lot in recent years) so I'd assume that it would run fine on W10 as well.

Do note that the game is buggy as fuck in general, even with the latest patch it'll crash often once you get bigger settlements. Hope you like saving often.
>>
>>3231339
Play with the graphic options. It can run in both software only mode and hardware mode as well.

There's also a way to change the resolution modes, like setting the 1280x1024 preset so it runs in 1920x1080 instead. You need to hex edit the exe for that though; but it works fine other than a small corruption on the left side (the sidebar is not tall enough).
>>
>>3231361
>>3231364

Installed DXGL and shit finally worked with a stable and fast fps.The hardware graphics options ain't working tho.

I have to play something on tutorial every time I open the game to fix the resolution issue with dxgl then it's all good.
>>
>>3231409
Dunno what you are doing, it works natively in D3D for me, using hardware acceleration.
>>
>>3231141
Have you considered setting up a virtual OS? I run Virtual Box and tons of older PC games are far less of a headache if you just emulate an actual older version of Windows to run them in.
>>
buy it from gog?
>>
>>3231447
>Have you considered setting up a virtual OS? I run Virtual Box and tons of older PC games are far less of a headache if you just emulate an actual older version of Windows to run them in.

There's no decent way to emulate Windows 9x.
>>
Fucking love Die Siedler. Even the fifth one.
>>
>>3231217
So? Doesn't mean you have to upgrade, or even stay with Windows.
>>
>>3231523
Then set up a Windows XP virtual machine. It should run most 9x games fine.
>>
>>3231523
>>3234635
The game runs natively on D3D even on Win10, there's no point in setting up virtualbox for this.
>>
>>3234638
That's good. But I don't know why people on /vr/ keep insisting on setting up a 9x virtual machine for these situations.
It's awful advise that keeps popping up.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.