[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kig VzbTT9u4 Do you think t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: hell yeah motherfricker.png (167 KB, 409x529) Image search: [Google]
hell yeah motherfricker.png
167 KB, 409x529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kigVzbTT9u4

Do you think this canceled Sonic belt scroller looked good, /vr/?
>>
Not really, not a fan of SatAM either.
>>
It looks like it had potential.

Would've been neat to see the archie characters in a sonic game too. Something that isn't spinball.
>>
>>3230838
I'm all for trying out a new style of gameplay, looks like it might have been a cool game.
>>
>>3230838
Looks like it had potential but at the same time it ignores the basic principles of momentum.
>>
>>3230838
In all honestly no, but I'll go into detail.

I've never liked the aesthetic of SatAM, the Sonic series was known for its gameplay and what's shown here obviously doesn't play anything like those games, and it moves like molasses. How is Sonic going to conquer his foes when he needs to wait for a bunch of frames after doing anything. The crazy arcade game that uses the trackball is probably more controllable than this.

That being said the colors and detail the Genesis can show off is being illustrated here nicely. I don't even know if this is a game, may as well be a tech demo.
>>
>>3230838
>belt scroller

didn't we already go through this
>>
>>3230858
completely meme thread

I couldn't tell if anyone in there was joking or being serious
>>
File: 1405187998796.gif (229 KB, 620x367) Image search: [Google]
1405187998796.gif
229 KB, 620x367
>>3230858
It's such an inane thing to get upset over, why bother. Let him call it whatever.
>>
>>3230838
Don't be a tool OP, nobody ever used the term belt scroller back in the day and it makes you sound like a dick trying to force its use on /vr/
>>
>>3230838
That's clealy not a real demo. It's a concept mock-up and I do not believe that it is running on Mega Drive hardware. This game was not cancelled, it never started development.
>>
>>3230838
Looks like it wase made by the same team that made the shitty spinball game
>>
>>3230838
Where is this footage from?
>>
>>3230894
This.
>>
>>3230838
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>3230838
That looks pretty good.
i would play the shit out of it
>>
File: dTGZBmL.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
dTGZBmL.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>>3230909
>shitty spinball
>>
>>3230838
No, I already hated SatAM and this just looks crap as a whole without that being a part of it.
>>
No. West can't into Sonic.
>>
File: pb go.jpg (48 KB, 137x209) Image search: [Google]
pb go.jpg
48 KB, 137x209
>>3230909
>shitty spinball
>>
>>3230838
Looks like Sonic was put into a Battletoads game.
>>
>>3230838
What is a "belt scroller"?

The proper term is platfomer or hop-and-bop.
>>
>>3232425
Didn't look like much platforming in that preview.
>>
>>3230865
>It's such an inane thing to get upset over
It's stuff like this that made the word "meme" into what it is with the mainstream public. It's that sort of thinking that made literal into a nonstandard synonym of figurative.

>>3230838
Well, this looks pretty bad. Was this supposed to be a Saturn game? It's from 1993 and that doesn't really look like a genesis game.
>>
>>3230838
Even if it was really light... Did I see stealth elements there?

Honestly if it was mix of a little bit of this and a little bit of more traditional Sonic gameplay I'd probably at least give it a try.

I don't think it looks as bad as others are claiming, at least, considering that it was a prototype and not a complete game.
>>
Not really
Would have been cool to have X-Treme finished though.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.