[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Koei thread? Why doesn't Nobunaga's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 51085_front.jpg (106 KB, 640x461) Image search: [Google]
51085_front.jpg
106 KB, 640x461
Can we have a Koei thread?

Why doesn't Nobunaga's Ambition 2 work on most NES emulators? It freezes once it gets to the map screen
>>
>>3229301
Obscure Mapper.
>>
>>3229383
http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/MMC5
>>
I like Uncharted Waters 2, but this is me playing it.
>>
>Leading Company will never be translated
>Famicom Top Management will never be translated
>Top Management II will never be translated
>>
>>3229301
UW: Coasta del Sol is GOAT. L'Emperuer PC is also top class, especially the hidden scenario were you escape your 2nd exile and return to fight all of Europe.
>>
PAL anon here. Koei never gave a shit about Europe
>>
>>3229301
KOEI games are GOAT grand strategy. Hell, Nobunaga's Ambition created the genre.
>>
>>3230124
I bought the first one on the SNES in a market for a few quid (US version). Yeah I didn't click with it at all. Sold it along with about 50 games that I just never played anymore and couldn't justify owning anymore. Still got about 80 games.
>>
Genghis Khan was always one of my favorites. strategic depth, a pretty good battle system for the NES, and the portraits/music/jingles were well done.
>>
>>3230195
>Europe will never be romanced
>>
>>3230195
They made games about the Napoleonic Wars, Portuguese explorers, Celts and the European Theater of WW2.
>>
>>3231378
Play Gemfire.
>>
>>3229301

NES Genghis Khan and SNES Gemfire are my crack.
>>
>>3231401
But that also didn't came out in Europe
>>
>>3231396
They ment Koei games never came out in Europe
>>
>>3231585
What's your excuse now, can't download ROMs on PAL Internet?
>>
>>3231786
Not even the Amiga ports?
>>
>>3230192
You seem knowledgeable about KOEI. I tried to get into L'Empereur a few months ago, you know Waterloo commemorations and all, and found it convoluted. Same with Celtic Tales.
I've mostly played "lighter" strategy games like Civ I & II, Master of Magic, HoMM series...
Should I start with Gemfire to ease myself into the genre?

>>3231786
Most of the PC ports were released here, too. I remember adds in magazines for L'Empereur, Genghis Khan and Nobunaga's Ambition. Megadrive Nobunaga too
>>
Rotk VI is my favorite one, I must try that Uncharted Waters. It looks fun
>>
>>3229301

Not retro but I fucking love Romance VII, VIII, and X. I own IV, but honestly I hate it. I just can't stand the gameplay, it's way too slow for me.
>>
>>3231871
Yeah, their internets run at a different frequency so none of the files are compatible. Lern2computer
>>
>>3232009
Uncharted Waters New Horizons is one of the deepest and most replayable games ever made.
>>
>>3231871
>Didn't came out in Europe
what is so hard to understand?
>>
My god I'm such a fucking KOEI fag. Praise be to this thread. The older games are hard to get into. There is so much shit that I dont understand. I grew up on Gemfire, and Genghis Khan.I can play those relatively well. But the PS2 era games were fucking god tier. RO3K,Dynasty Tactics,DW among others. I'm gonna masturbate and try to figure out an old RO3K game.
>>
>>3231967
Gemfire and Liberty or Death are the easiest Koei has to offer. Try them or Genghis Khan first.
>>
>>3232384
/thread
>>
File: 1431527650742.png (141 KB, 316x362) Image search: [Google]
1431527650742.png
141 KB, 316x362
>>3231967
>PC ports

Again with this shit...
>>
>>3232384
Fucking this. God tier incredibly under rated game.
>>
What are your favorite Koei tunes?
>>
>>3232951
What's the issue?
>>
Played the fuck out of Gemfire. Had no idea there was a whole genre dedicated to that. Why didn't the fucking ghengis khan box at the video store explain that shit better, I would have rented you!
>>
>>3233218
Uncharted Waters 3: Costa del Sol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCMxD6JNV1A&index=3&list=PLq32Q+k5XHn9mTgWQIH+1qRqNMrS0Dttl
>>
>>3233218
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM4gp-S5jg4
>>
>>3234236
Oh hell yes
>>
>>3232524
>Dynasty Tactics
I STILL haven't completed all of Dynasty Tactics 2. I want to but I just don't have the time.
>>
wich romance game should I play first?
>>
>>3234290
>>
>>3231197
The sequel is a hundred times better than the original game.
>>
>>3229301
How do I play these games I have no idea what I'm doing
>>
>>3234290
It doesn't matter. As long as you don't treat my heart like a romance game.
>>
>>3232384
I'm onboard with this thought. So many playable characters, each with a unique storyline, coupled with the freedom to explore the world map right off the bat, and the unique fame experience points system triggering the storyline organically as you play, holy fuck. Plus, 2 AM black markets. This game has been one of my favorites since I rented it as a kid.
>>
After playing a little bit of RoTK4 I decided to play the first Nobunaga no Yabou today. Thought difficulty 3 would be a good start.

First try I get invaded by Uesugi before I can even act and got murdered.

Second try I had my troops trained, got invaded by Uesugi but gun troops are just too powerful.

Third try offered alliance with Uesugi but didn't have enough grain. Takeda invaded me with 5 times more troops soon after.

I really want to play Kaga but I guess I need to start on baby difficulty. Hell, RoTK4 on regular difficulty looks infinitely easier... I need to seriously git gud.
>>
>>3235834
Which version?
>>
>>3235921
Zenkokuban (RevA)
>>
>>3235928
Which platform?
>>
>>3236498
The platform is NES.

It is unfair, really. Kaga has one of the worst, if not the worst starting army and four borders with agressive dudes(two of which have massive armies from the start). You don't have enough money to make an alliance and even if you do fend off an attack(at great cost), you get attacked by the next lord, with absolutely no chance of winning then.
I wonder if it is possible at all to play as Kaga.

Any other lords don't get attacked from all sides right from the start and have substantially better army and resources.
>>
File: liberty_001.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
liberty_001.png
32 KB, 640x400
What's the deal with Liberty or Death and Celtic Tales? It appears they were designed in America to look like Japanese computer games.
I can't find any info on Celtic Tales even being released in Japan.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.