[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/CRT/ Thread - No Fun Allowed edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: CRT.png (444 KB, 600x447) Image search: [Google]
CRT.png
444 KB, 600x447
Previous thread: >>320676

This thread is for the spirited discussion of CRT displays - Televisions, monitors and projectors used for the playing of retro games!

>Try to keep it /vr/-related: Nothing past 5th gen(+Dreamcast). Slight OT might be okay if related to CRTs (E.G. 16:9 compatible models, flatscreens, etc.) Systems with backwards compatibility are also pretty safe territory, assuming you're focusing on the older games. PC CRTs are also a-ok.
>Produce OC! Get out your real cameras and take beautiful pictures of your CRTs displaying recognizable characters with the kind of beautiful accuracy that brings tears to the eyes of young and old alike! If you take 100 photos, at least one of them will turn out alright! (maybe)
>Try to be as detailed as possible when asking info on a specific model. As always, google is your friend, and we are your friends with benefits. Older archived threads aren't a bad place to look either.
>Share appreciation for others choice of technology and personal philosophy of gaming. As always show courtesy in your discussion and moderate yourselves first.

Discussion of video processing and scaling devices is okay, but try to keep the focus on CRTs and CRT accessories

CRT Pastebin (WIP): http://pastebin.com/1Ri5TS3x
S-Video Pasta: http://pastebin.com/rH2h6C7W
Thread Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1PhdXJYwA8xModrTV1Yt-i1tvNgwiagpeBx0m_xNIVtc/viewform?edit_requested=true&fbzx=9009823977812318933
>>
So i have a 15Khz pc monitor but the other day intel HD drivers let me select 320x240p on it.
Is this some emulated mode? or is it double scanning it?
>>
>>3229382
*30Khz
sorry not 15Khz
it let me select 240p on a 31Khz monitor
>>
File: IMG_0582.jpg (862 KB, 2016x1512) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0582.jpg
862 KB, 2016x1512
Still rocking that KV Trinitron. I really want one of those black curved screen late 90s XBRs because they have component video, but its a really specific one. I've pretty much given up with trying to find a nice PVM.
>>
File: IMAG0449.jpg (793 KB, 2048x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0449.jpg
793 KB, 2048x1520
>>3229393
If you select a high enough refresh rate you can bump 240p to the 30khz range.

Pic related, 320x240@120hz on an IBM P260.
>>
>>3229412
you don't need a pvm anyhow to enjoy retro games.
>>
>>3229412
desu i'd rather have a 32" consumer TV with good geometry and convergence than a pvm/bvm

Sadly those seem to be about as rare. (most being fucked from 10 years or more use by the previous owner)
>>
File: IMG_0443.jpg (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0443.jpg
3 MB, 2048x1536
Accidentally bumped old thread. Oops.

Anyway Amiga 1080 dude here. My luck must be through the roof because its been nearly 2 weeks since the amiga and I've already stumbled upon a new CRT I need. I found a pretty good condition Sony Trinitron KV-27V22 nearby. A serious upgrade from my 19" Memorex. I hooked it up and holy fucking shit is this something else. I've never seen games hooked up to a really good CRT before and its impressive. NES doesn't look all too great, but I think I'll be using NES and Famicom on my Amiga. The TV's way bigger than I thought, so I really wanna upgrade the TV stand. I'm really sad this only goes up to SVHS but I guess I'll save my RGB stuff for my RGB monitor.

But of course there's problems. There are some serious convergence issues on the top of the screen and the overscan is godawful. White lines clearly turn red green and blue towards the upper screen and a lot of the corners seem to be suffering from the poor convergence. There's a little color purity issues in the top left and right corners but I may be able to fix it with a decent magnet.

Are Trinitrons as easy as they seem to fix/adjust? I would love to fix this and perfect my trinitron experience. Will upload more pics. Pic is Mischief Makers through SVHS.
>>
File: IMG_0455.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0455.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
Super Metroid on Wii through composite. All HUDs are ruined until I fix it.
>>
>>3228975
>starts thread with a picture of a filtered emulator.
>>
File: IMG_0457.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0457.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>3229705
How do I adjust overscan? Forgot to take a pic of 240p TS when I had it open.
>>
>>3229709
>makes new thread with 120 posts to go on the real current thread
>>3220676

>>3229702
That's still the current thread since it can still be bumped.
>>
>>3229705

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAHGex1BsAU

please film it when you try this
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.