[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Normies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 245x206
Whats the oldest vidya normies / little kids could get into? I think 4th gen still appeals to pretty much everyone.
>>
When ever works on a tablet.
>>
Atari 2600
>>
old arcade games like pac man
>>
>>3228752
Yeah true. Actually my bro complains cause he has a snes, but all his kids wanna play are gay tablet games like Minecraft
>>
>>3228753
>>3228754
This

I've seen little kids at arcades etc and they'll play pretty much whatever, even without some redditor dad forcing them to "appreciate history." They'd probably be less patient with NES games, if anything.
>>
What the fuck does "normie" even mean, and why does it imply they don't play old games?
>>
i feel like anything prior to Genesis/snes era would be a stretch. NES maybe, but if it got any more primitive they'd get bored fast
>>
>>3228759
>but all his kids wanna play are gay tablet games like Minecraft
That's because all friends of his kids play Minecraft.
>>
>>3228748
NES/Master System. I cant picture them getting into older shit. Unless its arcade machines.
>>
>>3228748
Original Game Boy probably, although there's really no point, seeing as the GBC is objectively better.
>>
>>3228760
Arcade =/= Atari 2600
>>
The first game my 1 year old picked up a controller for and tried to pay was Zaxxon on Colecovision
>>
I remember I used to buy those plug-n-play games from walmart that had intellivision games when I was a child and I found them fun. By that time I had already played ps2 at cousins and friends' houses so yeah, I'm sure any game will be fun to a little one, just don't be one of those people that forces it onto them
>>
>>3228770
Normie means ignorant sheep that don't think for themselves. Listen to Media 100% without questioning or trying for themselves
>>
I got my 7 year old nephew into retro games.. he loves genesis and NES games.. I feel good I was respinsible for exposing him to great classic games. He got exposed to sonic and mario at a few years old and I continue to show him new games on retro consoles and he's always interested. I'd hate to see some retard kid brainwashed by modern bullshit
>>
>>3228748
2nd gen consoles are as far back as you can go.
I can't see a kid nowadays wanting to play some Magnavox Odyssey. Even a kid in the early 80's wouldn't want to play some Magnavox Odyssey. He'd rather play games on his Celecovision.
>>
>>3229687
>>3228759

look at these youtube comment-tier posts
>>
>>3228770
It means a normal person, as opposed to an antisocial autistic failure at life that hangs out on /r9k/
>>
>>3229687
>I'd hate to see some retard kid brainwashed by modern bullshit
It's a good thing that you're so responsible that you make sure to teach your nephew the important things in life, like which video games are to play. Clearly, you have your priorities in order and you would make an excellent father.
>>
>>3230091
I'm sure it was just something to get his cousin listening so anon can tell him about the jews don't worry

I remember seeing my young cousins playing a genesis games collection for their PS3 and being suprised how into it they were. It makes sense though, cause the experience provided by old games was different. It's a little like how old horror movies had to use physical props and shit, at the time it's just a technical decision but it creates a different product some people like better.
>>
>>3230091
Not my fault I love retro games and want to pass it on. Stop projecting your failed parenting prospects you dumb fuck. I don't care if your father beat you.

>>3230075
Yourr obviously a normie. You listen to stereotypes from idiots on cnn and reddit.. you're a fucking retard that deserves execution
>>
My 3 year old daughter and I play Turtles in Time through MAME. She fucking loves that shit.
>>
>>3228770
>>3230075
A normie is a normalfag who needs to fuck off. Anyone who says normie is a normalfag since reddit, facebook, and tumblr have begun using it.
>>
>>3230346
>normie
Fuck off back to 9gag
>>
>>3230348
That's what I said anon, anyone who says it needs to go back.
>>
>>3230230
>execution
Not gonna happen pussy. When one of your angsty shooters snaps at my school I'll kill him with his own hymen.
>>
>>3228748
My daughter learned how to play games starting at 2 years old on Sonic 2. Now at 6 years old she can beat Sonic CD.

How old do you think before she can handle the original Doom games? Hmm
>>
>>3229105
Atari 2600 is almost entirely old arcade ports or inspired games, so he's not really wrong. Also like with a number of NES ports, some games are better on the old VCS in my opinion like Missile Command and Battlezone.
>>
>>3230372
My brother played the SNES port at 5 and he turned out alright. Wait until she's 9 or 10 I'd say though.
>>
>>3230372
She can do right now with quicksave.
>>
>>3230359
>>3230346
Hello chad and jamal. Howd you find 4chan?
>>
>>3230372

Is she hott?
>>
>>3230479
Don't even remember. It was several years ago. Before you were born.
>>
>>3228748
I can vouch for 4th gen entertaining kids today.

My niece plays games with me when I have to look after her, and she's gotten rather fond of Kirby Superstar and Sonic 2.
>>
>>3230479
It's pretty common on boards like /a/ to despise those who say "normie" rather than normalfag. Funny how /a/ is one of the few boards with any quality.
>>
>>3230075

This >>3230075 is the real definition. This is the bitter and deluded /r9k/ definition: >>3229680
>>
>>3231180
And this is what a massive ignorant faggot thinks
>>
>>3231183
Go whine about Chads and Stacies, loser.
>>
This is a retarded discussion. Normies still play Pacman and Tetris.

Good design is timeless.
>>
>>3231225
Go let out your projections of some board you don't like somewhere else dumbass
>>
I'm a normie and I enjoy the 2600. I had one of those plug-in-n-play things as a kid and sunk hours into Adventure and Yars Revenge.
>>
>>3230372
iddqd and let her play however. Call it "training mode" or something, that way you can graduate to non-cheats later by calling it the real game.

Hell, you could set up enemy respawning in HMP with iddqd and make it a game so she doesn't have to worry about objectives at first if that's too frustrating.
>>
>>3230359
18+
>>
>>3230372
Unless you're playing on the Nightmare skill Doom is not that hard. Especially not the first Doom.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.