[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Puzzles you couldn't figure out, but turned out to be shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Tentacle_Day.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Tentacle_Day.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>
>>3228426
Pretty much all of them. I suck so bad at those games. Fate of Atlantis was the only one that didn't make me feel like a complete retard.
>>
I always get screwed up by pixel hunting.

The worst was in Sam n Max Hit the Road. I had to stop playing for weeks because I didn't know where to get money to pay for items at the convenience store.

Turned out I had to use hand on the mouse hole in their office.
>>
>>3228438
I found the mouse hole but I thought he was only joking when he said they kept their money in there so I just forgot about it an moved on.
>>
File: brazzers.gif (33 KB, 286x286) Image search: [Google]
brazzers.gif
33 KB, 286x286
>>3228438
Well, they do highlight that one with an animation of rats coming in an out, but maybe you do need to have read the manual, since that's the "tutorial" puzzle they walk you through

Still, this is how these games were played, and pretty much why they lost the mainstream status so long ago with the evolving sensibilities of gaming. You got like maybe a 1/10 ratio of progress per time invested at the best of times; it was about messing around in locations, talking to characters, and that sense of silly accomplishment when you finally managed to use a banana with a metronome in order to hypnotize a monkey and use it as a monkey wrench
>>
>>3228448
> and use it as a monkey wrench
That puzzle was hell if you weren't proficient in english.
>>
>>3228514
Who would have thought it would turn out to be a bad idea to play a puzzle game that isn't in your first language?
>>
File: toonstruck.png (127 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
toonstruck.png
127 KB, 640x400
>>3228546
Pun-based stuff and the like rarely make for actually memorable puzzles, but sometimes they do come up with good material (which is nevertheless a localization nightmare). Pic related comes to mind.
>>
>>3228514
>Not being proficient in English

Go bad to fucking sheep and worshiping pagan gods you third-world scum.
>>
>>3228663
And then there's guys like this who probably only speak English and do a bad job of it.
>>
>>3228448
Yeah Monkey Island 2 pissed me off with its puzzles. I had to use a guide for loads of them. The rest of the LucasArts games I was decent enough at.
>>
Lufia 2, Treasure Sword Shrine, third block puzzle. Took me days.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.