[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOS platform gaming general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (48 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
48 KB, 480x360
So what're the best DOS platform games out there? I'm currently loving pic related.
>>
Rayman
>>
>>3226424
The shareware version of this game is what made it click in my young mind that it's kind of funny how high platformer characters can jump.
>>
File: skyroads_11.png (31 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
skyroads_11.png
31 KB, 640x400
>>3226424
Pic very related.
>>
>>3226424
Abuse.
>>
Really found myself digging Bio Menace out of the (now removed) 3d Realms collection. Had to dip down to Easy to beat the last episode, and even then it wasn't overly easy. They jacked the difficulty up insanely for that thing.

Duke Nukem 2 will always have a place in my heart after playing it in like 1996. Duke 1 plays a little more Keen-like and I prefer seeing more of the playfield, but Duke 2 is a lot shootier and has dat soundtrack. Also being an Amigafag it's fun to play spot the stolen graphics.
>>
>>3228429
Oh hell yeah, Bio Menace was the shit! I actually found it on a cover CD of a gaming magazine that I was buying as a kid, since one of editors was really into retro stuff so he put shareware version on it. One time they even put a shareware version of Doom 95 on the CD in 2002 (that's how I found out about Doom, really).

Also Disney's Hercules was pretty fun, and one of very first games I played on a PC.
>>
File: Blues Brothers.jpg (46 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Blues Brothers.jpg
46 KB, 640x400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF_1qFE4LpU
>>
>>3226424
>I'm currently loving pic related.
You won't, when you reach EP 3.
Trust me.
>>
>>3231237
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUvjnSPMT8w

Nah, just play that on the Amiga instead.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (19 KB, 196x194) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
19 KB, 196x194
Jill of the Jungle was my DOS waifu.
>>
>>3231237
>1991
>still supports 8086 and CGA

Come on...
>>
You posted it already OP
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.