[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5K g1OuXskI How did a ser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: alone in the dark trilogy.png (87 KB, 220x275) Image search: [Google]
alone in the dark trilogy.png
87 KB, 220x275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Kg1OuXskI

How did a series so terrible get so many games?
>>
>>3224787

Don't remember anything like it when it first came out. Was pretty frightening & the 3d engine was cool.
>>
The first one was pretty decent for it's time and Resident Evil was a Alone in The Dark clone.
>>
Because it's good, it's just been imitated and drastically improved
>>
>>3224787
For its time, it was unlike anything done before. Of course, it's nigh unplayable now.
>>
It's a great game, even now. The controls are shit but the atmosphere, writing, and story are surprisingly solid.

The sequels suck though.
>>
You don't seem to realize how important the first Alone In The Dark was for the ENTIRE industry.

It didn't "just" created survival horror as we know it, it was also the first game to come up with using 3D models within 2D pre-rendered backgrounds, a technic which became an industry standar for more than a DECADE afterwards.

For instance, Final Fantasy VII owes a lot to AITD.
>>
>>3225908
>You don't seem to realize
OP was baiting. You bit
>>
First one is pretty good for a first horror game. Sequels are garbage, though. Even when I was a kid I got annoyed while playing them, not spooked. That Alone in the Dark reboot was pretty good for a B-tier game and had great mechanics, but it's not retro.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.