[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Survival Horror thread anyone? Leaving it up to you guys to decide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: survival-horror-frikarte.jpg (98 KB, 758x536) Image search: [Google]
survival-horror-frikarte.jpg
98 KB, 758x536
Survival Horror thread anyone? Leaving it up to you guys to decide where it goes.
>>
>>3222650
hi
>>
>>3222654
lol what's up man?
>>
only survival horror i've played for more than an hour that's retro is silent hill 1.

pretty creepy ass game, super famalamadingdong computer.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 256x224
>>3222650
Well now it's a Splatterhouse thread

power to the people
>>
Dinosaurs are scary
>>
>>3223148
No, they're not. But Regina has an ass that just won't quit.
>>
File: compies.jpg (459 KB, 933x1417) Image search: [Google]
compies.jpg
459 KB, 933x1417
>>3223208

any monster that couldn't be stopped by doors was super scary at the time

>But Regina has an ass that just won't quit.

she do
>>
I decided to do my first Brad run in RE2 and now I'm pathetically low on ammo and even getting Claire's crossbow didn't help that much.
Fuck.
>>
anyone play Overblood? my dad had a burnt copy of it and it's hilariously awful

ordered Martian Gothic recently and will probably order the ps1 Alone in the Dark. I love horror games from that era.
>>
Does anyone know if the self destruct voice from RE2 is the same as Ada's voice actor? I swear it's the same chick.
>>
>>3226012
I always thought it was the same voice actor who voiced Birkin's wife
>>
>>3224597
I thought you couldn't pick up any items,

basically you need to get good at dodging, ration your bullets, and minimize damage taken(you will probably need to take some in the bus). I remember that brad takes more damage than a regular zombie so maybe knock him down with the gun and finish him off with the knife. also if you have the dual shock version of RE2 you can use the infinite ammo cheat.
>>
WHOA THIS HALL IS DANGEROUS- Barry Burton
>>
>>3222729
>>3222650
EVERYONE on /vr/ should play Clock Tower on SNES. You're missing out if you don't.
>>
>>3226892
You can pick up items once you trigger his appearance.

>>3224597
You fucked up, you're meant to knock him face-down (stepping back on certain lunge animations accomplishes this) and let him grab your leg. You can then kick his head off for an instant kill.

Brad has 900HP (regular zombies have a 100-200 or so), so firearms are pretty useless against him, especially that early in the game.

>>3226892
Knives are useless in RE2, only doing 3 damage to a zombie
>>
YOU WERE ALMOST A JILL SANDWICH!-Barry Burton (fun fact Barry was the secret comedy relief of RE1) WHAT THE HELL!?!?-Barry Burton looking at a mutant plant monster
>>
>>3226907
>You can pick up items once you trigger his appearance.
did not know that, thanks
>>
what about you Barry? " I HAVE THIS (strokes his cock *Magnum) -Barry Burton
>>
>>3226904
yes sir
>>
>>3226908
I hope... this isn't.... CHRIS' blood...

And my all time favorite:
WEEESSKKKEEEER
>>
File: IMG_20160519_205432278_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160519_205432278_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>3223148
Can confirm dinos for being not scary

Pic related for evidence
>>
>>3227194
>WEEESSKKKEEEER
I know the exact moment you mean, heard his voice when i read it
>>
File: 1438548157942.jpg (127 KB, 764x800) Image search: [Google]
1438548157942.jpg
127 KB, 764x800
>>3223148
>>3223208
>>3224586
>>3227486

The game lacked horror because dinosaurs are too cool to be scary. But the survival aspect was well thought out because you were to be a minimalists with every encounter. Abusing those laser-gates or crafting some fucking tranqs and medkits with that crazy ass system they had. Deciding whether it'd be smart to engage these Raptors or fuck off in hopes of not having to revisit this area much, sometimes you're left with no choice because they'd follow your ass regardless.

Usually these type of games let you upgrade from homicide to genocide from stockpiling a lot of ammo letting you can go around blasting every nuisance you come across, but in Dino Crisis ammo isn't universally stacked in one pool, but ends up splitting once it hits max for that stack.

Dino Crisis 2 is fun too, I guess.
>>
>>3226904
but the psx version is better (even though it looks like ass) because the scissorman can appear anywhere if you wait too long
I'dalso recommend haunting grounds, but not retro
>>
>>3228291
>The game lacked horror because dinosaurs are too cool to be scary.
You weren't around when Tomb Raider 1 threw a T-Rex at everyone out of nowhere.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.