[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: DSC07591980x653.jpg (193 KB, 980x653) Image search: [Google]
DSC07591980x653.jpg
193 KB, 980x653
Is this a good tablet for RetroArch? It has a resolution of 1920x1200, which seems to be the minimum resolution for shaders like CRT Royale to look good.
>>
File: 1460184298957.jpg (407 KB, 1184x1046) Image search: [Google]
1460184298957.jpg
407 KB, 1184x1046
>>3221079
>Is this a good tablet for RetroArch?
Considering nVidia has sent them hardware on several occasions fore dev purposes, i'd imagine so.
I'm thinking about picking up one for myself.
>>
>>3221425
Well most people on 4chan tend to shit on Android when it comes to emulation, so I thought I'd ask this board just to be safe.

Figured that it certainly has the specs along with the right resolution to let me use shaders in RetroArch.
>>
>>3221425
Really? Source? I believe you, but I wouldn't have imagined RA is high profile enough to be getting free hardware.
>>
was getting ready to shit all over the thread but $200 bucks aint a bad deal, much better than the razr tablet or whatever the fuck that stupid shit was called.

still cant get into tablets but ill give this a shot.
>>
>retroarch
>>
>>3221079
Your shills belong here, RA salesman.
>http://www.4chan.org/advertise
>>
So, here's the deal. Don't get this tablet. Get the Shield Portable. The Tablet is fine, but the Shield Portable is fucking fantastic.

The real problem, however, is not running RetroArch. Don't. It's shit. Get the emulators for each system instead. The actual specific emulators for each console are the way to go. PSPP, for example, is utterly spectacular, and has a fast forward button.

So, yes, this tablet is great for emulation, but RetroArch is not the way to go. The Shield Portable offers a controller in the mix, longer battery life, and a hell of a good setup for making it work properly. It's like a GP32 or something that was made by a real, actual engineering company. I absolutely adore my Shield Portable.
>>
>>3222853
Retroarch is just no frills ports of the actual emulators with a consistent UI. What's the issue with it?
>>
>>3222840
>le shill xD
Fuck off you dumb fraggle. You can't sell free software.

>>3222853
Ah, but the Shield Portable only has a 720p screen. Plus it doesn't exactly function well as a tablet. I'll keep an eye out though. Wouldn't hurt to have both, now would it?
>>
File: 1454921358723.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454921358723.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
>>3223160
Huh, it turns out the Shield Portable is actually quite expensive despite being older and less powerful than the Shield Tablet. I doubt I'm going to drop $200+ on one.
>>
>>3221890
That happened because it was shit some time ago, but now it's really a good choice with all the new Android gaming machines like the ones from nVidia, JXD and GPD (both chink shit but very nice).

Personally, I would buy a Shield TV right away instead of a tablet and go with that on my bedroom, but it you need it to be portable, go for it
>>
>>3222853
Most of those "specific emulators" are just using outdated code with frameskip slapped on, while libretro versions are more updated (except PPSSPP but that's non-retro) or have more accurate options. RetroArch itself has been well tested with Nvidia's devices.
>>
>>3222853
What emulator for ps1?
>>
>>3225268
If you value how 3D looks, you're better off with ePSXe. I don't think you can increase the internal resolution of games with RA's PS1 core.
>>
>>3226117
PCSX ReARMed has a 2x resolution option with the ARM NEON software renderer.

I wouldn't give ePSXe a dime for as long as they are keeping things closed source. Pirating a cracked version is the only way I would condone using it.
>>
>>3226403
>2x resolution

Wow, 480p...so impressive.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.