[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monster World Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: neowonderboy.jpg (584 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
neowonderboy.jpg
584 KB, 1920x1080
Correct series ranking:
II (Dragon's Trap) > IV > III (WBiMW) > I (WBiML)

Thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecr8TPvVOkc
>>
>>3220743
You're trying to confuse people on purpose by using a numbering scheme that nobody bloody uses, aren't you? I was able to decipher your shit but how about you just use the actual titles next time.

Wonder Boy in Monster World is the best.
>>
File: 19993_front.jpg (698 KB, 640x901) Image search: [Google]
19993_front.jpg
698 KB, 640x901
>>3220971
Agreed, Monster World is the most polished, with pleasantly drawn, colorful graphics and comfy music. Dragons Trap is good, but it's a little rough compared to Monster World.
>>
File: sadfrog.jpg (42 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
42 KB, 380x380
>>3220743
>tfw there will never be a Monster World V
>>
>>3221008
OP's image is kind of the de-facto Monster World V at the moment, the original producer is involved in some capacity, and Yuzo Koshiro is doing the music for that authentic Sega 16-bit vibe.
>>
>>3220743
Nonononono
Here's the 100% certified ranking
III > II > IV = I
>>
>>3221018
>the original artist for II-IV isn't working on it
Throw it in the trash.
>>
>>3221008

We will never discover what happened to Shion after he disapeared...
>>
>>3221134
Went back to the fairy dimension and became king, fucking Fairy Queen for all eternity.
>>
>>3221008
You...y-you shut up...
>>
File: TotalRecallBeadOfSweat.jpg (53 KB, 500x316) Image search: [Google]
TotalRecallBeadOfSweat.jpg
53 KB, 500x316
>played through wonder boy in monster world on the PS3 release since my buddy had PS+
>the part where you have to play a song with A/B/C buttons
>>
>>3221018
It looks like a phone game, and like a physics-based game.
>>
This series is like everything Zelda II: The Adventure of Link should've been.

Glad to see that the spiritual successor is mostly inspired by Dragon's Trap.
>>
>>3220743

what the shit is this? westone is literally sudokuing in their grave

Also here's a better thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flzPn29vgjE

>>3220971

Pretty sure if you're a fan of the series you know what means what

>>3221008

tfw

Goemon 64 is sorta like a monsterworld V
Shantae is like a monsterworld 0.5
>>
>>3222369

forgot to add

also "Maple Story" (lol) felt sorta like a monster world mmo.
>>
>>3220971
OP is using the correct numbering. The first Wonder Boy isn't counted as a Monster World game, so in Monster Land is, Dragon's Trap is 2 etc.
This is also the official numbering of the series as shown by MWIV.
>>
>>3221008
There's a new Monster World game coming out, anon. For the PS4.
>>
>>3221375
this tbqh super family computer
>>
File: shot4.png (11 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
shot4.png
11 KB, 512x480
>>3224161
Ehhh, it's a "spiritual sequel" that while having the input of the series creator, is being handled by a French mobile-dev team who have some decidedly amateur art.

I am not holding my breath, so I can hope to be surprised.

>>3222369
the remake of the track in Wonder Boy in Monster World (III) is the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM_AZzeDf30

>tfw you know shit is on when this song starts playing

I prefer the two MD games to Dragon's Trap/Adventure Island. The world in Dragon's Trap is just a little too small and linear for my tastes; I liked how WBiMW opened things up considerably. Monster World IV is super linear, but I can't deny the effect of all its polish.

Monster Lair (the shmup hybrid) is pretty lame. Waaay too long and bosses have way too much health for your pea-shooter to take care of.
>>
>>3224316
MWIII ending is a huge letdown
>>
>>3224316
Adventure Island isn't the first Monster World.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMb9_Uhe9uY
>>
>>3224527
Adventure Island is the Japanese name of the PCE port of Dragon's Trap, which is the one I played. The PCE ports are all kinds of fucked up in the name/graphics departments because of licensing issues between Sega, Westone, and Hudson.

To take your vid as an example: Monster Land was reskinned to some retarded capsule monster fad that was popular in Japan at the time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e-tEXQ7zNk
>>
>>3224539
Oh. I thought you were referring to the platformer with a kid that wears a grass skirt and rides a skateboard, wich was changed to become Master Higgins.
>>
Anyone played Saiyuuki World on the Famicom?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA1RbSg0qQg

Or its sequel, Saiyuuki World 2 aka Whomp'em?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.