[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Myst is wrecking my shit. I just started. Walked around the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Myst.jpg (699 KB, 2176x1332) Image search: [Google]
Myst.jpg
699 KB, 2176x1332
So Myst is wrecking my shit. I just started. Walked around the island touched something and now there is only a house in the middle of an ocean. I'm so fucked. (pretty fun though)
>>
Becareful of the rapist who roams the island, you'll know when you get there.
>>
File: 781.gif (842 KB, 620x427) Image search: [Google]
781.gif
842 KB, 620x427
>>3220641
I've prepared for this moment my entire life.
>>
>>3220637
I just beat the Mechanical age, it was my first. but now I'm back and stumped.

Are you playing the original Myst? I'm on RealMyst ME and it's amazing.
>>
>>3220637

Im a fan of point and clicks, but Myst just had so much fucking reading. I remember flipping through 50 pages of notes and symbols. Is it critical for the game or did I just quit too soon
>>
>>3221395
They have hints, but a lot of fluff, too.

Just beat RealMyst ME last summer with my wife. I'd reccomend staying in the point'n'click mode. Something about discrete locations makes looking for clues easier.

As for the books, we skimmed them, wrote down which book was for which area, then revisited the books as we made progress. Seemed to work well.
>>
>>3221514
>Something about discrete locations makes looking for clues easier.
What do you mean? I'm playing RealMyst ME freeroaming and not sure I could do the whole point 'n' click thing.
>>
>>3221395
You basically only need the illustrations from the books to solve the puzzles. The text is not connected to the illustrations and is there just for the story.
>>
>>3221393
playing Myst on my Saturn. I was dicking around the main island just testing stuff out and then i ended up in the mechanical age (somehow). I'm holding a piece of paper i can't drop and literally have no idea whats going on.
>>
>>3221395
Myst? Reading? Are you kidding me. Riven had more reading than Myst. And even then the diary pages contain juicy backstory. Story to Myst series is very important.
>>
>>3220637
Great game!

>>3221393
Channelwood was my first age. Finished it before entering any of the others. Rocket age continuously fucks with me though. I'm virtually tone deaf so getting into the age is a nightmare.

>>3222147
Myst was challenging. Riven was a ridiculously hard. My original copy came with a complete walkthrough and, even understanding the goal and having a guide, I couldn't get half the fucking puzzles to turn on.
>>
>>3221529
In the point'n'click mode, you are put directly in front of puzzles, and I feel like the way the camera is oriented gives you an idea of how to solve some puzzles. For us, when we played, we would occasionally click, see that it moved us more in front of something, and realize we were meant to fuck with it, for example.
>>
>>3221529
>I'm not sure I could do the whole point 'n' click thing.
*weary sigh*
>>
>>3222998
I can do regular 2D PnC, but 3D 1st person slideshows sound really disorientating.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.