[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Will genesis carts ever reach the insane prices of super nintendo? Or is it kindof a niche market?
>>
Not a whole lot of SNES games worth much to begin with. Mainly garbage games.
>>
File: 1.jpg (803 KB, 1530x2062) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
803 KB, 1530x2062
>>3219924
Why Genesis carts should reach insane prices when they are still produced and sold?
>>
File: genesis5.jpg (70 KB, 580x450) Image search: [Google]
genesis5.jpg
70 KB, 580x450
PG era>pop Genesis era
>>
>>3219924
Nintendo has this insane little cult behind it, with a lot of underage and retarded like 15-25 year olds who will go nuts for NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO MARIO REMEMBER THE 90S HAHA, THE 90S

Sega never had that fanaticism/retarded "OH MY GOD, MARIO, ZELDA" thing
>>
File: raell.jpg (111 KB, 823x1177) Image search: [Google]
raell.jpg
111 KB, 823x1177
>>3219959
>Sega never had that fanaticism/retarded "OH MY GOD, MARIO, ZELDA" thing

Da fuck? Sega fanatics are also insane, the only difference is that there aren't many new Sega fanatics outside of Sonic fans, but the Sega fanboys can be crazier than Sony or even Nintendo ones.
>>
>>3219945

pleb detected
>>
>>3219959
To be honest, I am a bit of a Sega fanatic, and would probably hop on the dick of a new Outrun, Space Harrier or Classic Phantasy Star if a new one came out, no matter how shit it is.
There's just a lot less of us since Nintendo was much more popular amongst people who are 15-25. I think most Segatards have long since lost interest in gaming. Personally, I like the low prices of Genesis and Master System Games, plus it's easier to find the CIB too.
>>
>>3219945
Jumped the shark with Duke.
>>
I waited in the rain for hours, you were late.
>>
>>3219959
Thank god avgn likes nintendo and not sega
>>
>>3219945
Everybody knows that, senpai
>>
sega fans aren't retarded and know that prices shouldn't be ridiculous. nintendo was for retarded children that never grew up and have dedicated gaming rooms with anime dolls and pillows.

the only rare/expensive games you'll find on any of the consoles is shit like panzer dragoon saga, snatcher, etc. actual good games that people buy up whenever they see them.
>>
>>3220374
Nintendo fans are the ones who will pay any price for a game because
>their wifes son
Needs to play mario RPG since it was so amazing and the defining moment of their childhood
>>
>>3219924
They've been rising up the past few years thanks to bandwagoners hopping onto the Genesis after hearing how much cheaper it is compared to SNES.
>>
Yes, Genesis games will eventually reach the insane prices we currently see with Super Nintendo. It's just that by then, Super Nintendo games will cost their weight in platinum.
>>
File: laughs in mexican.jpg (36 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
laughs in mexican.jpg
36 KB, 400x460
ITT:

>Sega fags try to desperately defend their shit games that no one wants to play or buy besides a few retards/brasilians
>>
>>3220416
im really mad at you

grrr
>>
File: Snapchat-2184878596790177559.jpg (509 KB, 1080x1776) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2184878596790177559.jpg
509 KB, 1080x1776
>>3219924
Shit like Gunstar Heroes and castlevania bloodlines can fetch really high prices.
>>
>>3220416
Man I wish that were the case so I could actually buy MUSHA without wanting to blow my brains out afterwards.
>>
Try buying Panorama Cotton.
>>
>>3220440
I picked up ecco for 5 bucks
>>
>>3220464
There's 5$ snes games too.
>>
>>3219959
>Sega never had that fanaticism/retarded "OH MY GOD, MARIO, ZELDA" thing

this board itself is the proof at you're wrong.
>>
>>3219965
No, no other fan base is more insane than the Nintendo one.
>>
>>3220507
Even on here is mostly nintendo discussion
>>
>>3220464
ecco blows dicks yung nigga
>>
>>3220519

Source? Some of the most batshit insane shitposting I've seen on /vr/ (Australia-kun) comes from the Sega side.

I love Sega, but fanatics are fanatics, they're all insane.
>>
>>3220374
>anime dolls and pillows
Sounds more like PC Engine owners.
>>
The most expensive Genesis games I've seen are Musha and Cusader of Centy. Both fetch a couple hundred bucks with case and manual.
>>
File: NurseryCryme71.jpg (115 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
NurseryCryme71.jpg
115 KB, 300x300
>>3219945
I fucken love pic related
>>
>>3219965

There are also a lot of pedos in the diehard Sega communities for some reason.
>>
>>3221060
Strange I always associated Nintendo with pedos since they only make child toys.
>>
File: Peter_Gabriel_So_CD_cover.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Peter_Gabriel_So_CD_cover.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
Hi there
>>
Nah, the problem is that in the US, which from what I can tell is the main place for people selling games for high prices, people basically don't remember Sega as anything but the Genesis, and even then they only remember Sonic. There are crazy expensive Genesis games, but they're typically legitimately small productions and/or niche games that you can't show off to anybody but someone else who really cares about collecting or Sega games. Meanwhile you can buy earthbound and show off to your friends like "check it out, you know Ness in smash bros? This is his game, it's so good blah blah blah"
Smash Bros illustrates a key difference in the two companies. Nintendo has kept their brand alive and relevant through years of careful use, while Sega has constantly started and stopped things based on hot trends or seemingly on a whim, and Sonic, their one series that's really gone consistently since starting, has been dragged through the mud and back again (plus none of the games are really hard to come by in that series).

On top of all of this you can just go and buy a Chinese flashcart for 30 bucks and never have to buy a real cart again.
>>
>>3220123
There must be some misunderstanding
>>
>>3220453
MUSHA is worth it, fàm.
>>
>>3220464
Exactly, because people value Ecco enough to shell out $5.
That and it's a completely shit game.
>>
>>3221185
I like ecco, but i also like super metroid so it makes sense
>atmosphere
>>
>>3221185
Them's fighting words

Sega is less expensive because Sega is less relevant today and desn't have shit for a brand

I enjoy that my Game Gear and Genesis get a lot of use tho
>>
>>3219945
Melt > Selling Britain by the Pound
>>
>>3220440
Sold Bloodlines back in 09 for $5, wasn't a Castlevania fan at the time and it wasn't worth anything.
>>
>>3221648
agreed also

Lamb>everything
>>
>>3219959
This is why I left /v/. They all post there. You still can't talk about anything non nintendo
>>
>>3222092

What?

What about Sony fanboys? PC fanboys? Don't act like these don't exist.

Also, Sega fanatics are as bad as Nintendo, Sony or PC ones. /vr/ Sega fanboys are very zealous.
>>
>>3220619
They might be insane, but there are just way more nintoddlers and they will ONLY play nintenshit. Also strength in numbers.
>>
>>3222725
Source: Twitch streamers, youtube channels exclusive to nintenshit.
>>
>>3222725

I dunno, the people who try to claim only 1 group of fanboys is worse than the other makes me thing they're just fanboys trying to bash their enemies. All fanboys are retarded, doesn't matter what company they suck corpo dick to.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.