[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:if underrated retro got franchise'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5
File: SimbaSitsInForMeredith.jpg (39 KB, 597x476) Image search: [Google]
SimbaSitsInForMeredith.jpg
39 KB, 597x476
ok /vr/ think of a retro series that:
>Under performed financially, leading to early cancellation
>Didn't get as much love as it deserved and died off in obscurity
>Never really got that true sequel it really needed
And consider if in some bizarro world it had gotten raped into a franchise with yearly or near-yearly releases and had as many entries as Final Fantasy, Mario, Sonic, etc

What would it look like today?
>>
>>3218879
Vagrant Story 2, combat is actually based around rhythm, timing and distance. And weapon switching done via hotkeys and not endless menus.
>>
File: alex kidd.gif (18 KB, 500x576) Image search: [Google]
alex kidd.gif
18 KB, 500x576
>>3218879
>Under performed financially, leading to early cancellation
>Never really got that true sequel it really needed

Alex Kidd would be to Sonic like Kirby is to Mario, a secondary mascot with no real bad games under his belt, also the janken mini games would die out or stay a small gameplay feature, like the card games in Mario 3. also I think that the exploration and shop mechanics might have been fixed and expanded upon... I put way to much thought into something like this but I seriously wish there were more Alex Kidd and to some extent fantasy zone games.
>>
File: Bonk 1000 x 500.png (3 MB, 1556x749) Image search: [Google]
Bonk 1000 x 500.png
3 MB, 1556x749
I think Bonk could have made a great transition to a manic 3D platformer and could have kept its relevancy in modern times as a zany video game parody series.
I'd really like to play Bonko Fantasy, Bonk of War and Bonk of Cootie: Prehistoric Warfare.
>>
File: TinStar.png (95 KB, 256x181) Image search: [Google]
TinStar.png
95 KB, 256x181
Tin Star was a fun game. I wish it had become a franchise on pc gaming and eventually make its way into Nintendo Wii, PS Move, etc.
>>
File: the comic does not count.jpg (40 KB, 512x358) Image search: [Google]
the comic does not count.jpg
40 KB, 512x358
Miyamoto reconsiders working on Yoshi's Island instead of Plok, cancels the former, and makes a critically-acclaimed sequel late into the SNES' life. Software Creations, not Rare, becomes the company Nintendo works with through the 90s. Microsoft buys out SC in the early 2000s, and after a disastrous set of Plok 3D platformers for the OG Xbox, and edgy spinoffs centered around the blue antivillan Qaws, they quietly shelve the series in 2010. Plok is reduced to cameos in Kinect Sports and being a spokesman for Project Spark.

Rare continues to make games as a 3rd party developer, free from the shackles of Microsoft and Nintendo. New Banjo and Perfect Dark games are regularly released. The Free Radical split never happened, so there's no TimeSplitters.
>>
>>3219968
>The Free Radical split never happened, so there's no TimeSplitters.

Unacceptable.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.