[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DKC3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 28
File: Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg (299 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg
299 KB, 500x345
Why does everyone dislike this game?
>>
It's good but not as good as 2 and that makes people ornery for some reason.

Ignore them. It's a fine game.
>>
I hear the opposite. A lot of people like the game.

But all agree that they should have replaced kiddie with Donkey.
>>
I thought it strayed too far from 1 and 2.
>>
I think it might be my favorite one. I think the reason people dislike it is because the style is changed quite a bit, and it isn't like how it was in the first two.
>>
>>3218495
Has anyone made a hack yet?
>>
File: sonic.png (218 KB, 392x718) Image search: [Google]
sonic.png
218 KB, 392x718
>>3218491
Because it's yet another shitty slow SNES platformer?

Be cool and go play some Sonic.
>>
File: 1463150328518.gif (756 KB, 241x182) Image search: [Google]
1463150328518.gif
756 KB, 241x182
>>3218590
>yfw DK managed to get 3 good games while Sonic just one

We want you to know: it's ok.

It's not your fault. It's not your fault.
>>
>>3218590

>slow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lBulXIWrak

I'm guessing we need a containment board for Sega fans now? Don't be a faggot anon.
>>
after 1 and 2, expectations were high
SNES was already on life support, so the bar was set even higher
as an attempt to stay fresh, the developers added gimmicks and changed the traditional methods to more RPG-ish ones (this wasn't inherently a bad thing though)

As a result, the game was very different. I doubt anyone actually truly HATES it, it's simply the worst of the three. All three are amazing games, still.
>>
Kiddy Kong is slow, cumbersome, and visually unappealing. The new animal friends of this game are lame (Looking at you, elephant)
>>
>>3218491
i've been playing this one lately because i never 100%ed it as a kid, so anyway my opinion is right. basically i think it's a visually wonderful game with tedious/uninspired gameplay. Most of the bonuses are just sad, i still don't know what the point of the dk coins are, and i have like a million useless bear tokens. there's a lot of lost potential here, one of those games where if just a few things were different it would be top 10...thanks for the thread, i've wanted to bitch about this game, i'm still at like 83% completion... gotta suck it up...
>>
>>3218495
No i dont think they should have. Kiddy fits with the new artstyle
>>
It's very ugly, even for the "DKC is ugly" standard certain circles prop up.
>>
>>3218491

>had to follow up DKC2
>OST wasn't as good
>Kiddy Kong
>less varied areas in KONGNADA (or Kremada if you prefer)
>the copypasta bears
>worst camera in the series causing the most random deaths
>anticlimatic as fuck 100% completion ending

still a 9/10 game though
>>
>>3218596

He warps at 4:50

Last time I tried it I gave up inside the barn level, after spending ages sucking barrels as elephant.

DKC3 is an absolute embarrassment. They should have ended it with 2.
>>
>>3218898
It's the best looking game in the series and you're a meme
>>
>>3218491
People enjoy being snobs
>i like this game in a series, but this other game is TRASH
>>
>>3218495
>>3218491

1 and 2 were great. 3 felt like a step back and a more "kid" version.
>>
>>3218491
2>3>1
All still great games

Any other opinion is factually wrong
>>
>>3218491
>Kiddy Kong was a mistake
>New animal buddies weren't as interesting or useful as the ones from DKC1 and DKC2
>Far more collectathony than the first two
>Every level felt the need to have an overt gimmick and half of them sucked
>Soundtrack is the weakest of the three
>Bosses were a step back from DKC2

It's a perfectly fine and enjoyable game on its own but when you put it up against the first two it's definitely the weakest of the trilogy, like they used up all their ideas in the second game and were scrambling for ways to differentiate the third.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3WsNvqORzY
>>
>>3220130
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GZzpgSwizY
>>
No DK, and the cool character with 90s tude was replaced with a screaming overgrown baby. Kinda lame

The settings went from tropical to fantastic to summer camp. Kinda lame

The music went from some of the best and most memorable tunes to ever grace the SNES to just meh. Kinda lame

I think they should've went for DONKEY KONG WORLD. Multiple 'worlds' spanning the globe. You start with DK, and beating each world unlocks one of your fellow kongs from imprisonment. Levels are big and multiple playthroughs are encouraged as there are plenty of secrets only certain kongs can reach

But you know what? At the end of the day DKC3 was fucking country miles better than that abomination that was DK64
>>
>>3220065
>New animal buddies weren't as interesting or useful as the ones from DKC1 and DKC2
It still got Squitter and Squawks which are a way better than the awkward to control Winky and the mostly pointless Expresso. I'm aware DKC3 didn't use Squitter and Squawks as well as DKC2 did, though (level design wise).

>Far more collectathony than the first two
I understand that collecting the banana birds were simply a painful task, but other than that it still uses the same formula as the previous game. What else makes it more 'collectathony'?

>Every level felt the need to have an overt gimmick and half of them sucked
You mean level features? Whatever you call them, they aren't really a bad idea. Games like EarthWorm Jim 1 and 2 are all about gimmicks and they are still good. I don't think they sucked either.

>Soundtrack is the weakest of the three
True, but that's like comparing your average skilled hockey player to Wayne Gretzky. In other words, it's an unfair comparison. DKC3's soundtrack has several memorable songs in it, even if it isn't as great as the others.

>Bosses were a step back from DKC2
What? How so? The bosses are one of the things DKC3 is usually considered to have done better than its predecessors.

Anyway, when talking about DKC3, people often focus on its flaws without even giving a chance to what the game did well. Think about the overworld, for instance. In DKC3, you were allowed to navigate wherever you wanted using one of the provided vehicles, and even find a secret here and there. It offered a lot of profundity and was a major improvement over the simplistic map navigation the other games had (even if it wasn't necessary). It also had the trade system with the brothers bear, a saving system where you could save whenever you wanted, and it was a longer game.
I agree that DKC3 might not have been as good as its predecessors, but I think it's a lot underrated, often having its strong points obfuscated by what set it apart from the other games.
>>
>>3220130
>>3220135
Nice songs. Here are some I enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnVx_6Mdsj4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rd0QpuvKTI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ig_0sIxAPU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BNqySiEOZc
>>
>>3220429
Derp, last one was supposed to be this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBbOiUksxAI
>>
>>3220136
>thinking the unique atmosphere is better than another rehash
>not liking the music

You're all fags.
>>
>>3220429
>uploader enabled ads over someone else's property

disgusting
>>
>>3218595
>Sonic just one
But Sonic got FIVE good games (1, 2, 3, & Knuckles, and CD).
>>
I remember when the commercial was running on tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9PetPinkP4
>>
No one disliked it. It just came out at a bad time when the N64 was the next big thing.
>>
>>3220505
Sure, if you want to ignore the Master System games and that one good one on GBA.
>>
I love DKC 3, but the character- especially enemy design is fucking horrible.
>>
>soundtrack not up to par
>ugly new characters
>ugly redesigns of old enemy sprites
>levels don't flow as much outside of time trials
>best playing character missing

Replacing Kiddy with Donkey would just be a cosmetic fix. The game sucks because you can't play as Diddie.

Still a good game but by far the weakest showing of the trilogy. Very disappointing.
>>
>>3218639
I hate it for the character designs. I hate that gay elephant especially.
>>
>>3220505

There were a few good ones on Game Gear too, like the Game Gear version of Sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos.
>>
I replayed it a few years ago and it was way better than I remembered.
Seems like the real babies are not Kiddy and friends but the fans here.

DK64, now that's a shitty game.
>>
File: bzzz.png (233 KB, 620x430) Image search: [Google]
bzzz.png
233 KB, 620x430
>>3218491
>>
File: burn.jpg (11 KB, 293x198) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
11 KB, 293x198
>>3221547

Seems like the real babies are not Kiddy and friends but the fans here.

Brutal burn.
>>
File: download (3).jpg (8 KB, 194x145) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
8 KB, 194x145
>>3221547
>DK64 is bad
Youre just mad it doesnt run good on emulators.
That shit had a yellow game pak!!
That shit was fun!!
>>
>>3220985
>GBA
Well, if we are to consider non retro consoles, then the DKC franchise actually got 8 good games.
>>
>>3221632
Nope, DK64 is confirmed to be a bad game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txRBHfCc0uU
>>
>>3221547
Newsflash, people on the internet in general and especially on boards of low quality like this one are usually idiots and know they can get away with spouting this bullshit just because they can. Doesn't mean that's also what the majority thinks of it.

Donkey Kong Country 3 is a fun game but just like Yoshi's Island, a lot of fans were disappointed that it was not what they expected. That and only that is the sole reason why it's called "the worst in the trilogy". Those who actually did play it like it and even those who don't won't say it's really that terrible. Just not the same league of DKC2.
>>
>>3221982
>boards of low quality like this one
Why are you even here then?

Kindly, fuck off.
>>
>>3221982
>a lot of fans were disappointed that it was not what they expected

Bullshit. DKC2 was not what people expected after DKC either, as it marked a drastic change in tone and atmosphere. It was good though so it was a positive surprise.

Nobody dislikes DKC3 just because it was different. It is disliked because it was not that good. It was a let down, a negative surprise.
>>
>>3218735
I used to rub myself off to kiddie, as I'm sure some of you guys jerked your little peepees off to Dixie. Don't talk shit on the art style.
>>
>>3221962
If I see a review video with over 100K views, I always avoid it.
>>
File: Whut.jpg (45 KB, 365x450) Image search: [Google]
Whut.jpg
45 KB, 365x450
>>3222293
>I used to rub myself off to kiddie
>>
File: didya kang.jpg (110 KB, 524x561) Image search: [Google]
didya kang.jpg
110 KB, 524x561
>>3218491
because the first few levels are shit

but after that, the rest of the game is on par with dkc2, if not better
>>
>>3222347
The first few levels of DKC2 were boring, too.
>>
File: fug.jpg (11 KB, 172x159) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
11 KB, 172x159
>>3222293
>>
File: cant deal.gif (497 KB, 300x126) Image search: [Google]
cant deal.gif
497 KB, 300x126
>>3222293

You nasty motherfucker...
>>
>>3222349
they weren't as bad as the early levels in dkc3

also after beating dkc2 the early levels aren't what's on your mind, it's all the great levels you went through during the course of the entire game. so naturally that's the level of quality you expect after booting up the sequel
>>
>>3222362
Which is the same can be said for DKC3. DKC3 has some very innovative and fun levels and actually trumps DKC2 in a lot of aspects.
>>
>>3222368
that's what I was getting at, but unfortunately a lot of people's reaction to the shitty early levels is to turn the game off without giving it a real chance
>>
File: dong-name.png (869 KB, 471x923) Image search: [Google]
dong-name.png
869 KB, 471x923
>>3222293
>not the Dong himself, DK
You have shit taste in husbandos.
>>
>>3222329
>>3222353
>>3222360
None of you guys ever explored your sexuality through games? I find this hard to believe as all my guy friends in school at the time were tugging it to Peach and Duke Nukem. Hell I even found out I had a crushing fetish by playing ZAMN.
>>
>>3222390
>Dangly Schlong Expansion Pak
>>
File: looks gud.jpg (193 KB, 619x597) Image search: [Google]
looks gud.jpg
193 KB, 619x597
>>3222390
Cranky Nutman
>>
>>3222349
>The first few levels of DKC2 were boring, too.
Only the first world, tbqh. DKC3 only starts getting good for me when I reach the fourth world (Mekanos).
>>
>>3222390
>>3222481
>>3222441
Hard Cock & Knuckles

>>3222397
Dixie always made me feel funny. Even though she's basically Diddy with lone yellow hair I was a stupid kid. When she crouches she almost looks like she's presenting, like I a monkey in heat, and the fact she has knee pads, but not pants, only fuelled the fire. Not to mention Candy in 1.

Then they redesigned Tiny and and things got too weird. Good thing too or I might have gone full fur instead of having a healthy anime fetish like I do now.
>>
>>3222390
Top Ballsacksmasher
>>
>>3218491
DKC and DKC 2 are both available on 3DS, only took a couple weeks between the two releasing.

>Still no DKC 3

Fuck Nintendo, get your shit together.
>>
File: 1463458686530.jpg (222 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1463458686530.jpg
222 KB, 960x960
>>3222940
>even nintendo is ashamed of dkc3
Thats fuckin wild
>>
This thread has made me realize how underrated DKC3 is, and the main issues people have with the game is the shift in the art/tone.

I will now go and enjoy this fantastic game. Goodbye.
>>
File: 1296971894509.jpg (8 KB, 218x252) Image search: [Google]
1296971894509.jpg
8 KB, 218x252
Generic as fuck. Soundtrack, while better than most, did not meet Rare standards. Banana birds. Level design not as good as the others. Overall atmospherically lacking.

Also I was the only one excited for Kiddy Kong to come in.
>>
>>3222993
>shift in the art/tone.

that's a huge fucking deal if it is done poorly.
>>
File: Barbos.png (570 KB, 670x856) Image search: [Google]
Barbos.png
570 KB, 670x856
It really wasn't that bad of a game. F*** this boss though.
>>
File: KAOS_Artwork.jpg (206 KB, 818x699) Image search: [Google]
KAOS_Artwork.jpg
206 KB, 818x699
>>3223061
You don't understand pain.
>>
>>3223085
Was Kaos really that bad? I haven't played this game in years, but I remember it being one of the easier bosses.
>>
>>3223097
He was bad when I was younger. Now I can beat him with no sweat.
>>
File: DKC 3 - Ending.jpg (51 KB, 400x314) Image search: [Google]
DKC 3 - Ending.jpg
51 KB, 400x314
Donkey Kong Country 3 was the series entry me and my sister played the most. It's hard to beat all the adventure elements it offers. And I never thought Kiddy Kong was a bad character. I kinda find him cute. Like, seriously. What did he ever do that's so wrong or annoying?

>>3223097
>Was Kaos really that bad?
I thought Kaos was insanely easy. In fact, most of DKC 3 is easy when compared to DKC 2.
>>
>>3223097
Hi there!
You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>3222273
Because I at least want to try to make this board better by actually doing something about it instead of just bitching and just leaving something behind cause that's the most cowardly thing you can do when it comes down to discussing about one of your favorite hobbies.

There's a report button for a reason. Maybe you should use it for posts or threads that break the rules of the board instead of just bitching to others.

>>B-B-BUT THERE ARE NO MODS HERE!!

Nothing's gonna improve if you ain't gonna do anything about it. They've been looking for new Janitors and if people actually gave a damn about this board they would have let the administrators know about it at this point.

Selfsage because this is more meant for >>>/s4s/
>>
>>3222285
>>DKC2 was not what people expected after DKC

Oh really? I heard from almost every place on the internet (so not only on this board) that people played the first game and actually had expectations for it because they were blown away by the first game. Same thing that happened when SMB3 and SMW released after people played SMB1 or SMB2, same with Sonic 2 after the first Sonic game became incredibly popular. Heck, every game sequel had some sort of hype going for it just before it got released that goes for both retro and modern games. Just because not every single person loved the hell out of DKC1 doesn't imply AT ALL that there were no high expectations. Yes, people were amazed at the improvements - I was one of those guys 20 years ago - and even if there were a few guys who didn't care about the first game at all they were at the very least interested in the second game. That being said, the same thing can be said about the third game. A lot of people had already switched to the playstation or the N64 and those who left had no idea.

Besides, this thread alone proves my point that most of the shitposters haven't even played the game or beat the first world of DKC3, let alone beat the final boss. Sure it's not like they are forced to beat a game that they don't seem to like but if you're just gonna give it up that quickly while not even giving the rest of the game a chance then that says more about yourself than the game. I could play the Midgar portion of Final Fantasy VII and say it plays like shit and give up after the first reactor. I can have good reasons for doing that or nog but I can be pretty sure that a lot of FF VII fans would give me shit for not giving the game a fair chance. See where I'm going here?

It used to be my least favorite game out of the trilogy when I first played it but despite that I still gave it more tries, I found out the game was more than the sum of its parts.
>>
>>3221591
i like both to be quite honest with you family computer

>>3221030
Yeah that irks me. What the fuck? Why did they ditch Rambi?
>>
>>3223115
Give up dude. Faggot sevendicks is a mod or some shit, he always shitposts then deletes any comments calling him out for his faggotry. Just ignore him, after all, tripfags are just attentionwhore you are too lazy to actually post their tits (actually just some tits they found).
>>
>>3223627
Do you have assburgers? You legitimately come across as slightly autistic.

This board is one of the finest 4chan has to offer.
>>
>>3223637
So much wall of text, just to harp on about one thing.

I didn't say there were no expectations of a good game with DKC2 or that DKC1 was disliked. That only happened in your head.

You claimed that the reason DKC3 is disliked by a lot of people is that it wasn't what they expected. You blamed the change in atmosphere for the hate it gets. That is nonsense. It gets hated on because it is objectively inferior to both its predecessors.

Like I said, DKC2 brought a very distinctive change in atmosphere too, it being much darker, brooding, spooky and gloomier with a very predominant pirate theme, ie not what people would reasonably come to expect after the almost serene, nature focused and very often downright relaxing atmosphere in DKC1.

It was a very good game though, so people liked it. DKC3 would've been received better as well, if it had been of higher quality.
>>
File: THE FUN STOPS HERE.jpg (26 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
THE FUN STOPS HERE.jpg
26 KB, 125x124
>>3222390

Dank AnusMassacre
>>
>>3222390
>Tasty Dongboner
>>
File: 1388540239523.png (294 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
1388540239523.png
294 KB, 768x576
>>3222390
Dangly Cuntrider
>>
>>3221982
>Donkey Kong Country 3 is a fun game but a lot of fans were disappointed that it was not what they expected.
It wasn't a very good game.

>That and only that is the sole reason why it's called "the worst in the trilogy".
Keep telling yourself that.

>Those who actually did play it like it and even those who don't won't say it's really that terrible.
It's terrible compared to the other DKC games. It has some nice parts to it and the controls are still tight but its flaws are so glaring, they can easily ruin the whole experience. The OST is way too bass heavy and can be really annoying, the character design is blindingly ugly, the new animal buddies aren't fun and the level design ranges from cumbersome to frustrating.

>Just not the same league of DKC2.
Or DKC1 for that matter.
>>
>>3218491
its shit lol
>>
>>3225047
its not
>>
File: 1451756322269.jpg (9 KB, 369x226) Image search: [Google]
1451756322269.jpg
9 KB, 369x226
>>3222390
>Tasty Ass Boy
>>
>>3224832
>>it is objectively inferior to both its predecessors.

>>objectively

I know it's a dank meme to say on the internet nowadays but come on, are you really gonna use that as an argument?
>>
When I played it for the first time, I assumed that since it had the most complex overworld, and more gimmicks, it was automatically the best one.
It was a misconception very common in the late '90, which leaded to the tons of boring collectathons we had.
The last time I played it, around a year ago, I couldn't force myself to go past ice world.
Meanwhile 2 is still a joy to play.
>>
>>3222390
Fucking scrotum man, life is suffering.
>>
File: tumblr_m5her6Ojba1r190f0o1_500.jpg (107 KB, 390x700) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5her6Ojba1r190f0o1_500.jpg
107 KB, 390x700
>>3222390
>Long Cuntfucker
It's showtime.
>>
File: ac17_sporespawn_sm.png (577 KB, 897x822) Image search: [Google]
ac17_sporespawn_sm.png
577 KB, 897x822
>>3223061
Wait a sec...
>>
>>3226459
It sold less copies, was made by a different team and is the only one of the three games that is wildly disliked (or highly controversial thanks to a few kooks with really bad taste).

Those are three indisputable facts that indeed make it so.
>>
>>3226539
>> It sold less copies

It was released in a time that most people switched from SNES to either N64, PC or Playstation. Besides, it was already the third game in the series and people weren't really impressed anymore by pre-rendered 2D games in 1996. Besides by that logic every Mario game is better than any Donkey Kong game because they sold more than any DKC game.

>> was made by a different team

False. The composer for DKC3 was one of the main ones from DKC1 (E. Fischer) and some tracks were from David Wise. Sutherland, the brothers Mayles and all the rest were involved with it as well.

>> the only one of the three games that is wildly disliked or highly controversial thanks to a few kooks with really bad taste

Can't say the game is wildly disliked, especially not compared to let's say Zelda 2, Super Mario Bros 2 USA or stuff like that. I also don't see any evidence about the last part of that sentene.

>> Those are three indisputable facts that make it so.

More like, "those are three claims I write here to make it look like it's real and proven even though it's all pulled from my ass". Listen man, I don't mind it that people don't like this game as much as I do and if some disagree with me than I would at least like to see some honest impressions/opinion and not some flaming bullshit that any kid could think up on the spot. Come on you can do better than that.
>>
>>3226608
Why do you lie?
>>
>>3228203
Why do you shitpost without proving your claim? Oh that's right, you don't have anything else and you're so bored because you can't counter any of the arguments I refuted. In case you're the same person of course and not some random anon who you just wanted a (you) from me. Well there you go.

Anyway, no one else who can support evidence that DKC3 is "objectively inferior" to the other games in the series? Or is this seriously the best you guys can give?
>>
>>3221632
I was so disappointed by it when it came out.

It was visually dark and aesthetically unpleasing as a whole, it didn't play especially well because it was early 3D, it wasn't at all what people had hoped for coming from the first three DKCs, and it just plain wasn't that fun. The multiple kongs with their own unique stuff gimmick was a bit interesting and it had a neat rap at the start, but it wasn't very good. The whole thing felt pretty uncoordinated too as the maps were poorly designed.

Those newer games, the 2.5D sidescrollers, those are what people really wanted. Better late than never, I guess.
>>
>>3228323
There's literally dozens of good points on this thread already. The thing was a big colectathon sustaining itself on half-assed gimmicks to mask its blandness, the art style was gooofy and uninspired, the backgrounds lacked animation and effects, the soundtrack had only two or three good songs, it substituted Diddy with that moron of a character making it slow-paced in the process, the level design was mediocre and failed to effectively integrate the animal buddies the way DKC2 did, let alone the fact that it replaced Rambi with that stupid elephant whose only abilities are to pick up barrels (something the kongs do better) and shoot projectiles (something squitter and squawks do better), and don't even remind me how the game forces you to go through a marathon of that pointless Simon says minigame in order to watch the true ending which was cringeworthy to say the least.

The list just goes on and on, but I think all the people on this thread have made the message clear already.
>>
Love the game. Played it again recently on Virtual Console and it holds up well. It's great adventure platformer.

Really funny when people lament the lack of Donkey.

The Country series was meant to revive Donkey but he was completely overshadowed by the graphics, music and superior new characters like Diddy and Dixie.
>>
>>3218491
It's a step down from 2 but still good. It gets more shit than it should really.

I was so erect when I discovered the lost world as a kid for the first time.
>>
>last played any of these probably 18 years ago
>haven't found any of the 101%+ or lost worlds, never even tried, didn't know it all existed until a few years ago
I wonder if it's even worth it at this point.
>>
>>3222390
>Top Pussy Massacre
>>
>>3228396
That still doesn't make the game "objectively inferior" as >>3224832 said. It only says that there are a lot of points that you and the other posts you're referring to that make it less enjoyable TO YOU. Just like there are a lot of things in this game that are actually great about DKC3 TO ME, like the deep bass in most of the OST, the variation with Ellie the elephant, the North American atmosphere and the feeling of adventure because of the optional bear visits and unlocking the lost world of this game, Krematoa.

I can perfectly understand that you don't like the Simon Says caves, that you probably would have liked it more if Diddy or Rambi were still in it and to be honest, there are some things I personally don't like about the game that aren't mentioned in this thread - or as far as I am aware of right now - like how the hitboxes in this game are more unreliable to me than in the prequels and it could have a lot less necessary dialogue. Compare the first 5 minutes of DKC1, DKC2 and DKC3 to eachother and I can perfectly understand why it would give a bad impression of the last game. It honestly did to me as well until I decided to keep playing.

I also believe that the level design is just as good as the second game while bonuses are easier to find in general. I can't say it's more gimmicky because to be honest, even the first DKC had some "gimmick levels" as well (Tanked up Trouble, Blackout Basement, Elevator Action are a few that come to my mind) while DKC2 also relied on it like in Windy Well and Hot Balloon Ride. It's definitely a part of DKC3 but TO ME it never gets tiresome even if it might get boring FOR OTHER PEOPLE.

Was it necessary to replace Diddy with Kiddy? Personally, I don't think it was so I agree with you and others on that. Diddy was alright in the other games and they could have just re-used Donkey instead. That being said, I don't dislike Kiddy for his design or his abilities. Water hopping was fine.
>>
>>3228692
You're calling it a collectathon but by that definition, the other two were as well because the game kept all your progress and everything you found with a completion percentage even though there is indeed less to collect compared to the earlier games. Super Mario World keeps track of all the level exits you completed and Yoshi's Island keeps track of a lot of things, would you call those games collectathons as well? I am curious to know.

The ending was disappointing, I completely agree with you about that. Even more can I say that about the "true ending". DKC2's ending felt more rewarding while the ending of the first game was just good enough.

To make my long written opinion short, I just want to point out it's all just a matter of perspective. I am glad that you at least did your best to describe what you dislike about the game and how exactly. I won't convince you to think otherwise and I don't need to, that's a great thing about opinions. Thanks for the reply!
>>
>>3228705
Oh shoot, I meant the true ending of DKC2 more specifically. The first ending is also pretty good though.
>>
>>3220136
>Multiple 'worlds' spanning the globe. You start with DK, and beating each world unlocks one of your fellow kongs from imprisonment. Levels are big and multiple playthroughs are encouraged as there are plenty of secrets only certain kongs can reach
Uh you do realize you're talking about DK 64, right?
>>
>>3220429
>Rockface Rumble
Mah nigga
>>
It's a good game, but the enemies are uninspired and generic, the music isn't as good, and the game has this kind of grainy look to it.
>>
>>3222390
>Erect Asshole Rider
Fuck my life.
>>
>>3222390
INCREDIBLE TITBLASTER
>>
>>3222390
Long penis massacre. Boring.
>>
>>3222390
>Top Pussy Smasher

Well alright then
>>
>>3218590
Sonic isn't even a fast fucking platformer.
>>
>>3222390
>Kinky penis sucker
Oh fuck me
>>
File: bong.jpg (43 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
bong.jpg
43 KB, 500x281
>>3228416
>superior new characters like Diddy and Dixie
>conveniently forgetting Kiddy Kong

Look bub, you can have your opinion. I won't try to change it. Still, 3 would have been a lot better had it been Donkey/Dixie instead of Dixie/Kiddy. It's just how I and a lot of others seem to feel.

The music was good, but not as good. Level design was for the most part as good as 1 and 2's, but admittedly had weaker Squitter the Spider segments and the Parry the Parallel Bird segments weren't memorable or fun either.

I just can't understand what the point of the Parry levels are.

DKC3 just has a resounding feeling like they were just going through the motions and peaked at DKC2. It felt like a downward climb from that peak. I liked it, its still a good game, it just isn't as good and could have been better.
>>
>>3228323
No, really, why do you lie? Neither Gregg nor Steve worked on DKC 3. So, why do you lie like that?
>>
>>3222390
Gay Scrotum Smasher
>>
File: 18.png (9 KB, 392x429) Image search: [Google]
18.png
9 KB, 392x429
>>3231327

because he's a shitposter
>>
>>3218596
why is each level about 3 fucking seconds long?
doesn't look fun
>>
The music in DKC3 was boring and undercooked. It felt like demos of unfinished songs instead of being actually good

>DKC2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP0nFpV_fd8

>DKC3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsKv9sJ4BVE
>>
>>3237280
Skips in a speedrun. The normal game is a lot longer.
>>
>>3218491
Shit game. hop n bop crap. i owned it on release. Shit game
>>
>>3222390
My name is 박지성. Wat do?
>>
File: Kim.jpg (182 KB, 1517x1000) Image search: [Google]
Kim.jpg
182 KB, 1517x1000
>>3237358
Top Ballsack Lover
>>
>>3218491
I liked this one more than 2
2 was way too dark, this one had perfect lightning.
>tfw there will never be another 2d DKC
>>
>>3228383
It was a game with bright colours and at the time early 3D was just called 3D man. I don't think you played it when it got out and just let memes guide your opinion.
>>
>>3237589
I bought it when it came out. If you're just realizing some people disagree with you now, maybe you weren't looking at it clearly when it came out.
>>
File: 1445627076880.jpg (11 KB, 347x346) Image search: [Google]
1445627076880.jpg
11 KB, 347x346
>>3228810
Are you me?
>>
File: 1447330595696.png (63 KB, 271x272) Image search: [Google]
1447330595696.png
63 KB, 271x272
>>3222390
Fucking Sphagetti Massacre reporting in
>>
>>3222390

Titanic Anus Smasher
>>
>>3237654
I'm telling you the reasons that you're giving off to dislike it are meme reasons from a youtuber or don't exist in the first place thus leading me to believe you never played it when it came out.
>>
It's the exact same game as the one before it.
Just as awesome too.
There's no empirical statistical difference.
>>
>>3238274
I don't care and I'm not going to argue with non-arguments. Do you expect me to pull out a receipt or something? I'm here to talk about games, not get in some retarded status war.
>>
>>3222390
>nasty cock massacre
>>
>>3238274
Yes, because back in the 90's everyone all had the exact same viewpoints about games and there was no such thing as different opinions. You're a fucking retard.
>>
>>3222390
Dangly Scrotum-massacre reporting in.
>>
>>3218491
>Why does everyone dislike this game?
is this the only way for you to get people to talk about stuff around here?

fug, it's either an unappreciated gem, overrated as fuck, or objectively shit to you guys
>>
>>3220485
most likely is nintendo themselves, not trying to whiteknight or anything
>>
>>3218491
Because it's an easy target.
>>
I'll give DKC3 one thing though; the water levels are absolutely beautiful.
>>
Which DK3 had the better soundtrack, GBA's completely new one or SNES?
>>
>>3243550
The GBA one is trash with only a couple good tracks in it. The awful sound hardware didn't allow for miracles but Mr. Wise certainly didn't even bother trying anyway.
>>
>>3221012
>Used to think these things had pincers and were pretty cool robo bees
>Finally realize it's a big dumb grin.

damn you, official art
>>
Maybe they should've called it Donkey Kong Country Gaiden: Dixie no Daibouken.
>>
>>3221547
>MY OPINION MEANS UR A BABY!!!
Holy shit, even /v/ isn't this bad.
>>
>>3244196
Should've called it Doki Doki Donkeii Kongaru: Diasuke's Dubaru Trubaru
>>
>>3222390
Fucking Asshole Blaster
nice !
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.