[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo will never re-release the NES/Famicom with new games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
>tfw
>>
Why would you fucking want that?
>>
>>3217939
It would make me happy.
>>
>>3217895
They did though. It was called the Gameboy Color.
>>
>>3217895
You're free to program all the NES games you want. There's plenty of documentation out there these days, more than most devs had back when the console was relevant.
>>
>>3218161
Yeah, playing a game you made yourself is tons of fun. Wow, you sound like a really smart guy. You must have an amazing job.
>>
>>3217954
the handheld library like anon said
holds you over for this . even the ds has some real great platformer and puzzle games
that bring you back too them old times
>>
>>3218229
>playing a game you made yourself is tons of fun
It actually is.
>>
>>3217895
Why would a company what wants tons of money release cartridges for the emulatable hardware?
>>
>>3218229
Then pay somebody else to make them for you, you entitled piece of shit. There's no market for NES games so why do you expect Nintendo to take the loss to satisfy your personal fetish?
>>
>>3218259
>>3218125
It's not the same. The magic isn't there.
>>
>>3218381
nobody said it would be cheap.

Millennials would buy the carts because muh nostalgia, muh physical copy

If it came out around Christmas with three new games and rereleases of some classics it would be a hit.
>>
>>3217895
it doesn't make a single ounce of economic sense.
It's like those retards that signed a petition for Sega to make a Dreamcast 2 with full backwards comparability, they'd never have the production amounts to be profitable.
>>
>>3218647
They'll need to open new production lines for the obsolete hardware, I doubt profits would be big enough to care about them.
>>
>>3218642
Well why the hell would the magic be there on a re-released one?
>>
>what is virtual console
>>
>>3217895
unlock a new world 9 for 9.99 on the nintendo e-shop. luigi dlc 5.99. play as princess peach saving mario for 15.99.
>>
Damn
>>
Nintendo hates money. We have all the money.
Kids don't have money. They have special-snowflake trust funds they cannot touch until they turn 18, or can un-faggot themselves sooner.
>>
>>3219097
You know that's only a problem for bad games, right?
>>
>>3217895

Why would they make new games for obsolete hardware instead of making games for better hardware? They'd just be placing pointless limitations on themselves.
>>
>>3220463

So then why the fuck would they re-release the NES? You're not making any sense.
>>
>>3220463
>he says as the PS4 is on track to be the best-selling console ever
>>
>>3220470
This saddens me, because the PS4 is the shittiest Playstation by far, but people are too blind to realize it.
>>
>>3220470
>>3220471
>>3220481

Can we keep it retro?
>>
I think it would be cool to do a kind of "Open Source" thing for the system. Kind of like how the Genesis got a game a few years ago, or the Dreamcast still gets a game every year.
>>
>>3218316
I'd argue it's more fun to make and see others have fun with it than it is to have fun with it yourself. That's how it is for me anyway.
>>
>>3218161
Is it hard to create Game Boy games? Harder than NES?
>>
>>3218872
exactly this
>>
>>3218872
It's not the same.
>>
>>3220461
Because fun.
>>
>>3217895
>actually thinking this
>>
>>3217895
I'd be more thrilled about a plug and play version of the NES/Famicom with a cart port, something like the Genny clones but not a piece of shit
>>
>GBC = NES 2
>GBA = SNES 2
>DS = SNES 3
>3DS = N64 2

This is how I've always thought about it. They were solid continuations of similar hardware.
>>
File: 280px-Varg_Vikernes.png (97 KB, 280x352) Image search: [Google]
280px-Varg_Vikernes.png
97 KB, 280x352
>>3218642
Magic, you say?
>>
>>3217895
Yes, and David Bowie will never write new music, but I can still pop in Ziggy Stardust, Hunky Dory, or Man Who Sold The World if the mood strikes me. The disk still spins. The sound still flows from my speakers. I still enjoy it.
No new NES games, plenty of old. Go. Play. I guarantee you haven't played them all.
>>
>>3223391
This guy knows whats up.

You can literally fit every NES rom ever made on a 1 gig usb stick. this includes the hundreds of wapanese/homebrew ones you never saw as a kid that's got your dick all crooked over new shit.
You want it so bad, it's out there, and if you haven't seen it then it's new to you.
>>
>>3218647
Sweet Jesus, who taught you economics?
>>
>>3220568
The dudes who made the original DooM couldn't stop playing DooM in the office.

You've clearly never made a good game, anon.
>>
>>3223963
>literally
It's a good thing you clarified that you're literally puting ROMs on a stick because at first I thought you were talking about the well-known metaphor of putting ROMs on a stick. What an excellent and necessary word to put in your post! Oop! Sorry, I meant that was literally a necessary literal word to put in your literal post. Whew, that was a close one.
>>
>>3225285
>autism
>>
>>3223391
>I guarantee you haven't played them all.
I have. I have played every single licensed NES game for at least a few minutes.
>>
>>3217895
You can buy a Retron easily.
And homebrew NES games like Battle Kid, Retro City Rampage or D-Pad Hero are still being made to this day, recently they made a Zapper party game, Super Russian Roulette.
http://www.nesworld.com/article.php?system=nes&data=neshomebrew

So yeah, make or play a homebrew instead of whining. Battle Kid series is pretty damn great.
>>
>>3225621
Never played Action 52? No Grand Dad? You don't know what you're missing out on!
>>
File: 1460149868887.gif (96 KB, 216x203) Image search: [Google]
1460149868887.gif
96 KB, 216x203
>>3223391
the motherfuckin champion

you're free to raid my fridge anytime
>>
File: nomad3.jpg (40 KB, 329x300) Image search: [Google]
nomad3.jpg
40 KB, 329x300
>>3217895
Why would you expect this kind of thing from NINTENDO?

If sega won't be doing it?

It would have vastly better prospects for the genesis. The 68000 is much more likeable to programmers. The OPN2 chip can sound far more impressive and is less niche. Sega actually did rerelease its systems, but settled on cheap cut downs. There's a CD add on, with particular appeal to homebrewers. They don't have a current console to distract from and shame.

Huh?
>>
>>3227065
Is it seriously possible to play a 32X game on a Sega Nomad? Is that thing modded?
>>
>>3227087
At least some, I recall. Probably just modded to actually fit into the slot.
>>
File: strangely portable.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
strangely portable.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
>>3227065
>>
>>3227249
The 32x needs its own power I thought and its a really fucked up AV connection. I doubt you can just slide it on.
>>
Nintendo said they will license out their older hardware for such things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTcdKhxbeJE
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.