[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So apparently this is from an official Natsume eBay store. Did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 46579845.png (404 KB, 1208x417) Image search: [Google]
46579845.png
404 KB, 1208x417
So apparently this is from an official Natsume eBay store. Did we went too far down the rabbit hole?
>>
Well they're a business, of course they're not going to take less than what it's worth.
>>
So now the original game makers are also reseller scum.
>>
I wish everyone got flash carts like me and then these kind of prices could never happen.
>>
>>3216554

People still wanna get "the real deal" with manuals and all.

Also, is that really Natsume? Is the US branch still active? Or it's the japanese (doubt so) Natsume?
It could also be a repro. I know it has good reputation on eBay but I dunno, people are stupid.
>>
>>3216560
Sure, Natsume's still active. They're sill pumping out Harvest Moon games & such.
>>
>>3216560
sure, they wanna get the real deal, and so do I. But 600 dollars for a little bit of added authenticity, the manual, the box, the cart, the inserts? That is worth 600 dollars? Consider that's the only thing you'll miss from using a flash cart.
>>
>>3216543
>So now the original game makers are also reseller scum.

Everyone is reseller scum who isn't selling games for bargain bin prices.

Remember, you are on /vr/, basic concept of finance such as demand and supply are nonexistant here.
>>
File: muh-vidya.png (530 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
muh-vidya.png
530 KB, 640x360
>>
>>3216583
They didn't price it at $600. The people bidding on it did. They're pretty smart, though. I bet they have tons of boxes of sealed copies of games. They made tons of now uncommon games too. Pocky & Rocky 1 & 2, Wild Guns, Harvest Moon, Ninja Warriors and that's just for SNES. They could make a small fortune doing this.
>>
>>3216618
>The people bidding on it did.
Too bad most people here are oblivious to checking the bid histories. That said, the original price Natusme was selling it for ($69.99) may seem a bit much, but that's still not that bad for a sealed copy of an SNES game (at least nowadays).
>>
>>3216554
Some people like collecting. It's cool if you got the space and are satisfy with collections. It's just some human trait not in everyone. But like you I'm also gonna get a flash cart for NES/SNES/N64 when I get the money for the carts/consoles.
>>
>>3216560

natsume is still around but only in name. the people who made the proper harvest moon games make Story of Seasons now.
>>
>>3216646
hell, that's still less than what most snes games cost at initial release
>>
>>3216887
It's still the same series in Japan too.
Natsume just helded onto the localization name as the publisher, so really Harvest Moon has split into two different series'.
>>
>>3216554
I read from another thread that some buy it for documentation purposes. But if you're going to buy it to play it, yeah you would be insane to spend that much on one video game.
>>
>>3217329
Just because you have a job that anyone with no skills can get doesn't mean that you have to assume everybody else does.
>>
>>3217505
Wrong post?
>>
>>3216543
How can the original manufacturer selling their a new copy of their product be a reseller?

Use your fucking brain for 2 seconds.
>>
>>3216543
>>3216586
I'm the only reseller scum on eBay ya plebs.
>>
>>3217925
Is it new?
I figured it was some unshipped copies that they'd figured to sell at some high prices
>>
They could've had a cool contest/entry to give these away but instead choose to sell on feebay.

I look forward to seeing this being relisted from rarebucky.
>>
>>3218002
Even if that was the case, that doesn't make their unsold stock somehow not new. You can't resell something without selling it in the first place.
>>
>>3217925
The fact that they're not selling it for the original retail price.
>>
>>3218770
But they were. $69.99 was normal asking price for an SNES game in the 90s. Adjusted for inflation they should be asking $115.34 as their starting bid.
>>
>>3219652
In the 90's peoples mommies bought it for them. I'm entitled to have my mommy buy it for me now even though I'm 35 years old and she already pays the rent on the basement I live in.

Now do you get it?
>>
>>3218770
>>3220421
Natsume knows people will pay more than the original MSRP. If nobody wanted to pay more than that, it wouldn't be over 600 dollars now. They're doing this exactly like they should, put it up with the asking price of no less than MSRP and let other people decide how much it's worth to them. If they sold all the ones they have left for 60 bucks they'd all be bought up by resellers and listed at 500+ dollars each. Natsume is doing some smart as fuck business and increasing their profits. They aren't concerned about the stability of the retro market or any other idealistic used game ethics that you think are so important.

tl;dr Natsume is being smart, not greedy.
>>
If I were rich, I would buy all the "brand new, unsealed" items I could find then I would record myself unwrapping them and unpload it on youtube.
Probably a better use of money than investing it in those retro remakes kickstarter too.
>>
>>3218770
>The fact that they're not selling it for the original retail price.

But that's the original retail price, adjusted to inflation.
>>
>>3216543
Technically they're just seller scum
>>
File: delicious tears.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
delicious tears.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
>>3221537
That would be so much fun. You get that just out of the box smell as well all the tears of the poor and envious.
>>
Natsume is SERIOUS FUN if you aren't ready to make a serious bid you have no place in their world.
>>
>>3218769
New is much different from an old yet still seal product.
>>
>>3221537
There is no purpose to buy and open. There are already enough opened copies.
>>
>>3221537
>if I had money
>I'd proceed to waste it by paying 5x the games amount, and then opening it, making it worth 5x less

This is why you aren't rich.
Horribly retarded monetary decisions.
>>
>>3222563
Your terribly deluded if you think rich people only send money on further investments.
>>
>>3222583
I would imagine rich people also don't intentionally devalue their purchases.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.