[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the most crazy and deadly materia combinations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: ff7.png (782 KB, 1190x904) Image search: [Google]
ff7.png
782 KB, 1190x904
What are some of the most crazy and deadly materia combinations?
>>
Miming a double KOTR is pretty broke
>>
>>3216409
Combining Electrolux with Bovril lights a fire on Sephiroth's arse.
>>
Final attack + phoenix
>>
>>3216409

Added Effect + Contain is always fun.
>>
>>3216409
Mime=Counter, invoked after using a limit break. Stackable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=morRMu6NSfs
>>
>>3216527
How do you get multiple mimes?
>>
File: 4changangstas.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4changangstas.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
>>3216515
Added Effect + Hades is pretty fun too
( this also works on your armor as a pretty good Ribbon substitute )
>>
>>3216643
When you master a materia, it makes a zero AP copy. Do it twice for 3 mimes.
>>
Mp absorb == KOTR

doesnt that give back 1% damage as mp?

So if each hit does 9999 that gives you 99 mp per hit

99×13 = more then enough to max out your MP

The only downside is that KOTR summon cutscene is so long
>>
>>3216643
Movers and apocalypse.
>>
>>3216527

I did this the last time played through FF7. Took some time to get all the mimes, but it was glorious.
>>
>>3216527
Holy fuck Barret is a beast

and his level 4 limit break is such garbage
>>
>>3216947
Same with Yuffie, her Lv4 is total garbage, and Doom of the Living beats it cold.
>>
Easiest way to beat Ruby WEAPON.

>Knights of the Round + HP Absorb
>Mime + Mastered Counter
>W-Summon is optional, but helps finish the fight faster
>Enough HP Boost to reach max HP
>Cast KOTR on Ruby WEAPON
>Get some coffee
>Come back in 10-15 minutes
>Ruby WEAPON is dead
>>
File: 1387256066113.jpg (38 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1387256066113.jpg
38 KB, 320x320
>people actually use summons

Why? Aside from KOTR they're worse than useless even for casual players, and almost always end up dealing less damage than your regular attacks or magic. Hell you could beat the whole game without equipping a single one. I know because I've done it.
>>
>>3216947
but that video just shows Cloud attacking, not Barrett.
>>
>>3217114
yeah, its pretty sad how they werent good mechanically. but when i was a kid i was wowed by the graphics and appreciated the time they gave me to think thru my next commands
>>
>>3216852
I got away from using KotR just because of that. Used it one game to kill Emerald and Ruby and never casted it again.
>>
There's a lot of broken shit, but one of the ones I'd put outside of the gamebreaking realm and into the just "useful" realm is Cover + Counter. Pop a tranquilizer on Barret, equip him with cover and counter. Every physical hit against your party will be funneled to him, he'll take half damage on top of his already high defense, and he'll counter attack with whatever he's got equipped. I think you can get an added effect materia just after Kalm town, so you can pair it up with status effects like Death or whatever else you want too.
>>
>>3217114
Speaking of summons, I wonder how they made it for so long in their crappy mechanical function. They're pretty much all normal spells with longer animations in most FFs.

The only time they're really all that much different is FF3, where a few summons have unique effects and you're limited to one summon per character per battle, in FF8 where using a summon gives you an HP shield (Though summon speed times are actually at odds with this effect since a short cast time means you don't really absorb any damage with a GF), and finally in FFX where summons actually became a unique mechanic unto themselves.

Summons really should've been like FFX throughout the series, or something similar to BoF1/3's dragon transformations. A way to get a powerhouse character in combat with some unique abilities that may not be better than a maxed out endgame party but can provide good effect early on.
>>
>>3217997
shut the fuck up nerd
>>
>>3217997
>FF3 ... you're limited to one summon per character per battle,
What? Summons are just normal spells.
>>
Summons should work as pets like in FFXI.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.