[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this could've been the definitive version if they didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Mortal Kombat (U) (Front).jpg (87 KB, 414x700) Image search: [Google]
Mortal Kombat (U) (Front).jpg
87 KB, 414x700
this could've been the definitive version if they didn't fuck up the soundtrack. I mean WTF. The whole reason for even releasing the game was the cd audio and they fucked up the placement of the tracks. How is that even possible?
>>
>>3214413
Graphics still loke like the Genesis version, wich means missing stuff (like the backgrounds at Palace Gates and Warriors' Shrine and the monks clapping at The Courtyard), missing sound effects, and loading times. In my opinion the CD-ROM version of the PC version is way closer to a definitive port.
>>
>>3214461
ok but shouldn't they at least be able to know which track goes where considering they made the damn game?
>>
File: probe-logo.png (20 KB, 235x175) Image search: [Google]
probe-logo.png
20 KB, 235x175
>>3214413
>How is that even possible?
>>
It must be jarring as hell if they put one stage's BGM into another. How can a developer mess up so much?
>>
File: fade away boy, just fade away.png (51 KB, 280x260) Image search: [Google]
fade away boy, just fade away.png
51 KB, 280x260
>>3214465
Couldn't you just fix that real easy?
>>
>>3214413
>they fucked up the placement of the tracks.

That happened with a lot of the earlier MK ports for some reason. I think one of the ports for MK 2 had the acid pit theme in placement of the character select.
>>
>>3215190
Hah, not such a problem with the PC version, since often, the sound wouldn't work anyway!

I heard you had to "write your own drivers", I never got how that could actually be serious.
>>
>2016
>still no bug fix hack for the music

It shouldn't be that hard
>>
>>3215631
Ok so whose dick is OP gonna hafta suck to get his fix?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>3214413

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2NoKsVmyzM

Butchered ports thread?
>>
>>3214773
>>3215631
On the actual game I'm guessing you could open the iso and mess up with the resources and change the numbers of the tracks.
On an emulator the tracks come as separate audio files along the ROM and you can do exactly that.
>>
>>3217570
It's sega CD, there's no copy protection, so rearranging the track order should be much less of a big deal.
>>
>>3217596
ok somebody do it
>>
>>3217610
Why? It doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>3217610
Don't tell me what to do, you fucking asshole. If you're that cares so much about it, how about you go fucking do it?
>>
>>3217648
i didn't tell you to do anything
>>
File: huehue.jpg (24 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
huehue.jpg
24 KB, 495x495
>>3217648
>somebody do it
> = he's telling ME what to DO

top english skills there, 3rd worlder
>>
>>3217610
Why would anyone bother doing that when it's perfectly emulated in mame?
>>
>>3217648
anon i think you should join a fight club or a yoga class or something. shouting at people on the internet is not an effective way to deal with anger
>>
>>3217656
because it's cd quality audio and not whatever shitty audio the arcade has
>>
>>3217648
Poo in loo, Pajeet, you basterd bitch.
>>
>>3217656
Because it's easy, because they have a good pile of spare CDRs, because they're used to tinkering with sega stuff, because they like sega CD?

Of course, it should be doable with lots of early CD titles, especially ones that don't actually make solid use of the audio.
>>
>>3217656
>Why would anyone bother doing that when it's perfectly emulated in mame?

Because it's time to make the Sega CD great again.
>>
>>3217659
It's exactly the same music as the arcade.
>>
File: mmx-562670_45319_front.jpg (67 KB, 640x644) Image search: [Google]
mmx-562670_45319_front.jpg
67 KB, 640x644
>>3215631
I've been very curious about doing just that kind of thing, except for the DOS version of Megaman X.

But that would be much more complicated, considering it's adlib music.
>>
>>3218340
No shit they were! It doesn't seem unreasonable for an arcade machine back then to have been fitted with sound chips for FM synthesis, likely using multiple waveforms, AND for many PCM tracks.
>>
>>3214413
just change the tracks you stupid faggot

rip it, alter the .cue file and then burn it

and give us the new ISO
>>
>>3215631
What's the point when you can just emulate the superior arcade version now on a toaster?
>>
>>3220406
Why, to get your appetite wet for more meaningful and interesting CD audio track reshuffles, isn't that fairly easy to see?
>>
>>3220406
ENJOY YOUR LAG, MAMEFAG.
>>
>>3220636
So, the DOS version of MK2 is the best one, STILL?
>>
>>3220636
Input lag is ridiculously over exaggerated here and it's not gonna make much a difference with MK2 anyway since the AI is a cheating cunt that reads all your inputs.
>>
>>3222820
Dude MAME lags so bad you can literally brew some coffee and return and it still will be halfway through reading your inputs.
>>
>>3222823
It isn't unless you're using some ridiculous setup. I'm not saying it's the most ideal way to play but it's better than jumping through a ton of hoops to get the correct music order on the Sega CD version which has other flaws outside of that anyway.
>>
>>3215336
>"write your own drivers"
How about you correctly configure you PC?
>>
>>3218327
If you look into the XMI folder, you will see the music files. Swap the names and enjoy.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.