[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
~$160 vs.vs.vs. $302 what am I missing buying the knockoffs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: use_your_flashers.png (966 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
use_your_flashers.png
966 KB, 1080x720
~$160
vs.vs.vs.
$302

what am I missing buying the knockoffs? dsp support on the snes cart? risk of doa or faiilure?
>>
Shit components.
Wrong pcb width.
Poor quality.
>>
>>3214003
are the too thick or too thin? I know a few anons here have the snes version and haven't seen threads about them dying or fucking anything up. For about half price it is tempting.
>>
>>3214002
I've heard that the Super Everdrive China Version is almost exactly the same as the authentic Super Everdrive except for a poorer build quality, though I haven't owned either so take my word with a grain of salt. The ED64Plus can't save some games because of limitations with its SRAM, so you'd probably be better off going with an Everdrive64 v2.5. Haven't seen anything about the Chinese Megadrive flashcart but I'd suspect it's inferior to the official version.
>>
Someone please report on the Chinese mega drive everdrive or on any aliexpress carts or repros. I got a supercard mini SD and it's decent thus far but I do see some flaws in it. I'm tempted to get more chink shit but I need to know what I'm in for at the very least
>>
>>3214085
I'm about to pull the trigger on all 3, I just sold my steel battalion which was also made in china and worked fine for years.

>>3214065
the only reviews with that issue I saw were old all the newer ones were just stupid people using it wrong and were resolved.

I'm gonna order the MD first as it is the cheapest. Probably get the other two if it isn't a trainwreck.
>>
I can attest to the pcb thickness not being correct on my own Chinese EDMD. Normal games go in and out like butter, but the CEDMD took a lot of force. Most people aren't exactly going to be taking them in and out too often though.

Not sure about the shittier parts claim, but I wouldn't be surprised. The Chinese EDGB has a known defect with the battery voltage regulator causing it to die within about two weeks. This has been verified by a bunch of people,

There are a lot of stories about Chinese carts being dead on arrival or failing quickly, but for every one of those stories there are probably more people who don't have those problems. Although mine is fairly shitty in an obvious way, it does work okay.

I don't think I'd order a cart from China again desu. They seem to be just above the threshold where they work, at best. I'd be madder if I'd ordered one of the more expensive carts and had a problem. Being a cheapass is nice, but it's too risky.
>>
File: pinball buns.jpg (139 KB, 705x1030) Image search: [Google]
pinball buns.jpg
139 KB, 705x1030
I have an Everdrive 64. It works great.

I also have a Chinese SNES flash cart. I've had it for 2 months and it works great as well. It even came with the games pre loaded on it. I cant run most translations on it however. Not sure if that is the fault of the hacker, or the cart itself. Would Recommend
>>
Chinese explodes when you leave Recca running
>>
I have a Super Everdrive China Version, it works perfectly fine. I also have a bootleg version of Alien Soldier, it works fine but the PCB is a little bit thicker than regular Genesis games. It's just a bit more snug in the cartridge slot.
>>
>>3214105
So the ED64Plus has the same compatibility as the Everdrive64 2.5? I might pick one up then, I'm looking for an N64 flash cart.

This might be a long shot, but does anyone know if the RPG Tsukuru games work on the the Super ED? I'm making a ROM hack of that game and want to run it on real hardware eventually, but I'm not going to buy the SD2SNES just to play it.
>>
A little off topic but what's the going/standard price for an N64 with a controller, cables, and a common game like Mario 64?
>>
>>3214002
I've got the Everdrive china ver. and it works fine. The only thing I've haven't gotten working is Mega Man the Wiley Wars, but that seems to be a common problem game.
>>
File: 465946704670.jpg (41 KB, 328x450) Image search: [Google]
465946704670.jpg
41 KB, 328x450
Years of experience tell me that it's better to just buy the more expensive shit the first time instead of buying the cheaper shit and regretting it.

The only exception is Warhammer models, because fuck paying $20 for a 1.5" tall army man and $200 for a model airplane.
>>
Im too much of a collector fag to ever buy a flash cart. I probably will if i ever get an n64 tho
>>
I just bought the Everdrives for the Genesis (the previous version since i can buy a Sega CD ram cheap from DB electronics) and Famicom.
If the thread is still up in a few weeks, I can post some results from the Genesis one.
>>
>>3214724
>and Famicom
The bootleg version? Link?
>>
>>3214816
Nah the actual one. I hear there are issues with the expansion audio but I won't be able to try those out till i get my original famicom modded which I'm getting modded for RGB. Sorry to get your hopes up anon.
>>
>>3214085
I have one, had it for 2 years now and never had a problem
>>
>>3214085
I got earthbound 3 on ali express for about $4. Works great, slight slow down on the name entering screen though it was weird.
>>
>>3214936
>slight slow down on the name entering screen though it was weird.
Not an issue with a repro, actually; Rather a quirk of the translation itself.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.