[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Banjo Kazooie General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: ss-banjo-tooie-xbla-t-rex.jpg (146 KB, 518x286) Image search: [Google]
ss-banjo-tooie-xbla-t-rex.jpg
146 KB, 518x286
Hey /vr/, been playing Banjo Kazooie and Tooie at my friend's house for the first time. I finished Kazooie and the Grunty fight was actually difficult. I kept falling off the castle but I eventually beat the warty witch.

Tooie is ridiculously huge, every stage feels overwhelming. Dinosaur land is kicking my ass. I'm on my way to Grunty Industries next.

So let's just discuss these great games.
>>
File: image.png (171 KB, 444x433) Image search: [Google]
image.png
171 KB, 444x433
>Best level
Click Clock Wood
>Worst level
Cloud Cuckoo Land
>Hardest jiggy
Canary Mary rematch
>Best boss
Mr. Patch
>Worst boss
Mingy Jongo (too fucking easy to kill)

r8 and h8 me m8s
>>
I have yet to play Banjo Kazooie beyond the beach level. I dunno, it just feels kinda slow paced compared my all time favourite platformers, and IIRC, you have to collect a certain amount of stuff to progress.
>>
I like fast platformers. Banjo Kazooie is fucking slow. It even looks slow when people speedrun it.
>>
So, which e-celeb put out a video trashing the Banj?
>>
collectathons are a joke
>>
>>3211875
What are your all time favorite platformers?
>>
>>3211928

Doesn't have to be an e-celeb. All popular games get these hostile replies.
>>
File: 8a3FmCF.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
8a3FmCF.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>3211934
Yeah I know right? Who needs interesting gameplay mechanics and movement depth when you can hold right and jump?
>>
File: 1461434299091.jpg (11 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1461434299091.jpg
11 KB, 325x325
>>3211278
>worst level

>cloud cuckoo land

nigger i will cut you.
>>
>>3212045
Can't stand it. The aardvark can piss right off and so can those flat wienergoblins
>>
>>3211971
>Who needs interesting gameplay mechanics and movement depth when you can hold right and jump?

>muh 3D
I bet you can't even 1cc a real platformer, kiddo.

Fuck off back to >>>/v/ where your casual kind belong.
>>
>>3212081
How about you take your own advice and go sperg out with the rest of the needy children? There's like five boards just for people like you. This isn't one of them.
>>
>>3212106
Actually this board is for people who didn't grow up on banally bloated N64 games with terrible excuses for level designs, so kindly fuck off back to where you kiddies hang out, /v/.
>>
>>3212081
>I bet you can't even 1cc a real platformer, kiddo.
>1cc
Is this a joke? Since we're getting into the realm of arbitrary player challenges, I do speedruns and 2d platformers are among the easiest games to get a good time in (obviously this involves not dying). 3d platformers have significantly higher skill ceilings, a VASTLY higher margin of error, and way more things to actually be good at. Speedrunning a 2d platformer is basically playing an easy rhythm game.
>>
>>3212127
*teleports behind him and cuts head off*
*wipes blood off blade*
*sheaths sword*
nothing personal kid....
>>
>>3212127
I bet you think using terms like "banally bloated" makes it look like you have a real opinion. You'll never escape the stink of being a /v/irgin; you talk like them, think like them, bait like them, and try desperately to hide the fact that you are one of them. You're not even worth pissing on.
>>
File: 1460028284689.jpg (42 KB, 412x426) Image search: [Google]
1460028284689.jpg
42 KB, 412x426
>>3211278

>Hardest jiggy being the Canary Mary rematch
>>
Can you faggots just talk about the games
>>
>>3211949

In 2D, Rayman 1.

In 3D, Crash Bandicoot 2. I know, those games are hated here, but it has a good size/content ratio. There's little downtime compared to other platformers.

I don't like it because it isn't open world, but because most open world platformers tend to be much more spread out with nothing, at least in the 90's. I would have loved to see a Crash game that's open world, but retains that compact level design.

Presentation too. I found particularly Banjo Kazooie to be rather grating with its music and sound effects compared to Crash, which just kinda felt like it wasn't aimed exclusively at kids with its music, sound effects, animations, enemies, all that.

You could say that Banjo Kazooie is a contemporary cartoon, borrowing from 90's cartoons and aimed at kids with a few nods to older audiences, while Crash Bandicoot is a 50's Looney Tunes cartoon that hardly takes age into consideration and is equally entertaining for all ages.
>>
>>3213192
>In 3D, Crash Bandicoot 2. I know, those games are hated here, but it has a good size/content ratio.
Is it really hated that much here? I haven't seen as much talk abuot them on this board. On the other hand, /v/ likes to scream out Crash and be obnoxious about it.
>>
>>3214694
Crash Bandicoot 2 is my favourite 3D platformer, how could anyone hate it?
>>
>>3214694

It's only "hated" here right now because it's popular to be contrarian.
>>
>>3214731
I think people like to hate on Crash because it's good. Just like people who hate on BK.

I generally prefer the open world structured 3D platformers like M64, BK and Spyro, but the Crash games are great in their own right.
>>
>>3211129
Was I the only dino obsessed autist that ran around as T-rex Banjo just killing other dinosaurs instead of playing the game?

God, I loved that level.
>>
Playing tooie right now for the first real time and loving the shit out of it.
Dem fps sections doe
>>
File: honeytits.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
honeytits.gif
1 MB, 320x240
How did Rare do it?
>>
>>3216440
>muh dick
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.