[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamepads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12
File: stylemark15072013a.jpg (87 KB, 677x572) Image search: [Google]
stylemark15072013a.jpg
87 KB, 677x572
So i got a decent gamepad on my PC to play retro and other games. see Pic.

I'm pretty happy with it, and is perfect for general usage, it has plenty of buttons, but on look the gamecube and wii u classic pro and x-boxgame pads look more comfy. Especially that button alaignment on the xbox pad.

http://www.goldenshop.com/ai/images/products/originals/118_309_pc_gcpad2.jpg

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/f3a7_pro_controller_u_for_wii_and_wii_u.jpg

https://love2d.org/w/images/d/d4/360_controller.png

Though, i don't know if the wii one can be hooked on PC or not?

What's youre favourite controller?
is it adaptable to pc?
>>
>>3211113

If you're going to buy a controller like that you might as well just use a PS3 controller.
>>
>>3211113
Is that a generic controller? I has a dozen of them, they are acceptable for a while but they are low quality and break down eventually.

I'm pretty comfy with my 360 pad, 2.5 years now.
>>
File: Neo Geo Microswitches.jpg (217 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Neo Geo Microswitches.jpg
217 KB, 768x1024
360 wired pads plug & play with windows 7+
There's a literally $2 adapter to use PS1 & PS2 controllers on USB plug & play and on ps3 I'm told
Lots of people use arcade sticks of course
I personally mainly use a 6th gen Pelican Real Arcade stick with an adapter
A very popular choice for the budget conscious's first arcade stick is the Hori 360 fightstick
Get something with real arcade components for refurbishing/upgrading it'll last forever
If you think the dpads you listed are good try a SNES, Saturn or Neo Geo pad
>>
>>3211117
And have a hell of a time setting it up with the chinese spyware laden programs that it needs to work
>>
>>3211317

Never had a problem setting it up. There's a guide in the emu general wiki which recommends NOT using the spyware ridden program.
>>
>>3211127
>There's a literally $2 adapter to use PS1 & PS2 controllers on USB plug & play
I intend to get one, but I've heard some have issues about drivers not installing properly, and/or issues about Dualshock 2 pressure sensitive button not being registered unless they're 100% pressed... iirc, all these issues were with the triangular shaped blue ones.
What's the cheapest yet reliable one to use with Dualshock 2?
>>
what about this? it says it's for ps3/ps4, but it has usb plug, so ... i think it should work on PC, doesn't?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hori-Pad-4-FPS-Plus-Wired-Controller-Gamepad-for-PS4-for-PS3-Blue/32602079709.html
>>
File: Logitech F310.jpg (16 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Logitech F310.jpg
16 KB, 300x225
What do you think of this one? Is it good?
>>
>>3211664
If I needed analog controls too I'd probably get that one.
I use a Hori Fighting Commander 4 and the dpad is great.
>>
File: file.png (313 KB, 1211x391) Image search: [Google]
file.png
313 KB, 1211x391
this looks great, but how can this be so expensive?
>>
My USB controller recently broke and I'm looking to play games up to dreamcast with them. Which is the best one to get for my money? also no input lag
>>
>>3211889
Hori.
As in "Hori shit, that's expensive!"
>>
File: 1452909164032.jpg (44 KB, 493x495) Image search: [Google]
1452909164032.jpg
44 KB, 493x495
>>3211924
>Hori shit
>>
File: 1456386858043.png (91 KB, 801x648) Image search: [Google]
1456386858043.png
91 KB, 801x648
>>3211889
>Approximately 36,683 Hungarian Fun Bucks
>>
>>3211502
I've never had any problems with my blue triangular ones and Dualshock 2s but YMMV I've had it a really long time and IIRC I bought it at Radio Shack not on eBay.
>>
>>3211117
Or a 360 controller. D-pad sucks but it costs nothing and it's plug-n-play.
>>
>>3211889
>3rd party
>$125
>used
>3 feedback
>>
>>3212004
I keep reading reviews and comments saying those triangular blue ones have many issues that are often unreported because easily overlooked.
As example, they don't work with DDR mat.
Why does this matters though? Because the reason DDR mat doesnt work is that the converter sees the controller D-Pad as an analog stick, so you can't press 2 opposite directions at the same time like DDR often requires.
When playing normal games this is easily overlooked as all it takes is to turn the analog led on and both the d-pad and analog stick will work, but still as if they were the same analog input, and while for games where either the analog or the D-Pad are used for movement this is not an issue, any game that has separate functions for left analog and d-pad will not be playable as there is no actual d-pad input to map.
>>
>>3212107
I've used it to play stepmania
>>
Buffalo USB SNES controller is one of the two only good USB game controllers I've used.. My Saitek P880 was amazing, but it broke. I had that thing for a decade, no exaggeration. It's not even that the Buffalo controller is that good, it's just that finding a good controller nowadays is the equivalent of finding the holy grail. Or if you do want a good controller you have to pay through the nose to get it.

Please, anyone, if you know any good controllers out there post 'em. I'm looking for a good Saturn clone or something with two analogue sticks for GC/N64 emulation.
>>
>>3211113
>that thing
>descent
no, that five dollar piece of shit is 100% inferior to a dualshock
>>
I somehow won the Chinese part lottery with some cheap Dualshock (well technically DS2) pads I got for multiplayer with my roommates - reviews range from "these things are trash and broke in a day" to "lasted just fine, no issues". Mine have lasted for around 6 months of moderate usage so far, took some break-in on the sticks but solid overall - anyone else have experience with these cheap Chinese pads?
>>
File: Fighting Commander.jpg (52 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
Fighting Commander.jpg
52 KB, 1000x600
>>3212272
Hori Fighting Commander for dpads.
I dunno for analog.
>>
>>3211737
It's a pretty ok controller, downside is that the dpad isn't really the best thing to use in my opinion.
>>
>>3211317
That spyware program is a meme that too many have fallen for. There are multple safe solutions for PS3 controllers on Windows.
And on Linux it just works.
Really, why the shit is this not well known?

Seriously Google this shit and stop falling for memes: 11679_Sixaxis_PS3_Win32_Driver_For_PC
>>
>>3211737
great for 3D games
if you plan on playing with D-PAD maybe consider another option but otherwise solid choice
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>3211117
Thing about that is that Dualshock 3's cost a ridiculous amount still.

That wouldn't be such a big issue if not for these two glaring issues;

1. They've really cheapened out on them recently I've had 10+ in the past year (taken them back to have them switched out for another) hoping to find one that wasn't a debacle.

They all had SHARP seams that feel like shit on your hands, that's not such a big issue though until you realise that the l1/r1 buttons now tend to dip in too far and your index fingers tip jams into the seam and it starts to hurt your finger immediately making it uncomfortable a shell to play with. Also lots of squeaky face buttons/analog sticks not working properly etc.

(these were all legit bought from big chain stores)

2. The analog sticks plastic is actually some kind of cheese and wears down quick as you use it.

Not so quick that it matters a huge amount but for the price you pay you'd expect one to last you years of constant use. You will get a DEEP groove after long use. Usually on the left analog so now that pushes further than the right and makes them feel out of sync.
Not sure why Sony cheaped out on the quality control of the later Dualshock 3 considering the price of them still.

Get a Dualshock 4 if you want a wireless Dualshock. The battery doesn't last as long but at least it won't most likely be as big of a piece of shit from the get go.

Buying second hand Dualshock 3s is probably gonna lead to shitty or fake controllers too.

That said I've heard the mad cheap ebay fakes (that look and are sold as real) are often about as good as the real deal these days.
I use a Dualshock 2 and the USB adapter for most emulation on my PC.

Wired 360 controller for Dreamcast and analog N64 since it feels more natural for those.

360 pad for general (non retro) games

360 is useless if you want a DPAD btw.
>>
>>3211737
I have it and it's very loud and after 300 hours or so my r1 button doesnt always register. Its ok.
>>
>>3211889
>>3212013
Theyre regarded as the best gamecube controller.
>>
File: 91W9-5tomIL._SX355_.jpg (26 KB, 355x318) Image search: [Google]
91W9-5tomIL._SX355_.jpg
26 KB, 355x318
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00AEWTSWU
>>
File: 41HD82Q3A6L.jpg (30 KB, 500x485) Image search: [Google]
41HD82Q3A6L.jpg
30 KB, 500x485
I use a wireless xbox360 controller for most things. The dpad is fine, it hasn't tripped me up yet.

I also have pic-related just in case something can't recognized the dpad or has no deadzone for the analog sticks.
There are two shoulder buttons on the back.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (80 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
80 KB, 800x800
this cheap one has probably bad quality right?
>>
I bought a logitech rumblepad2 in 2006 and never looked back
>>
>>3211317
I cannot believe people this mentally handicapped exist.

It's called XInput Wrapper for the DS2/3, and it has no spyware, you mong.
>>
>>3213861
I actually have one of those. The downsides are the d-pad and no start button.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.