[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite fully-3D retro FPS (that leaves out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
File: ss2.jpg (73 KB, 640x617) Image search: [Google]
ss2.jpg
73 KB, 640x617
What's your favorite fully-3D retro FPS (that leaves out Doom and the likes)? let's include hybrids like SS2 or Deus Ex for the sake of argumentation.
>>
File: denton.png (8 KB, 255x354) Image search: [Google]
denton.png
8 KB, 255x354
Gotta go with my boy Deus Ex. It's everything System Shock 2 is, and more. It also has a dialogue system and it's more RPG-ish than SS2.
>>
Unreal/Unreal Tournament.

Unreal because dat fucking atmosphere, also dem cool fights against small groups of powerful and smart opponents.

UT because dat immese ammount of content, mods, maps, all those amazing community servers I spent years on.
>>
Quake

System Shock sucks dicks.
>>
>>3211236
Deus Ex sucks dicks too.
>>
Also Quake, but System Shock is great too.
>>
Q3A for PC

Perfect Dark for consoles
>>
>>3211312
System Shock sucks dicks.
>>
Alien vs Predator
>>
Quake, Perfect Dark, SS2, Thief (FP Sneaker)
>>
>>3211324
A favorite of mine. Skirmish was a good, frantic way to pass the time.
>>
The FPS genre sucks dicks.
>>
Women sucks dicks.
>>
>>3211324
Scariest game ever
>>
just bought system shock 2 via gog.com for osx because of this thread and the constant posting

seems p good so far thx anon
>>
>>3211647
shit taste.

system shock sucks cocks
>>
>>3211647
Get System Shock 1 as well
>>
>>3211076
>>3211236
Deus Ex is not retro, sorry, read the rules.
>>
File: singold.png (734 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
singold.png
734 KB, 1024x768
Step aside.
>>
quake easily
>>
>>3211856
Deus Ex runs on Win95, so it's retro.
>>
Postal 2. Don't get mad go postal!
>>
>>3211651
The entire shock series is garbage. Bioshock would've made a good movie, but was a terrible game
>>
>>3211351
get off the board

what year did Thief II come out
>>
>>3212926
>fag that likes a genre that Call of Duty belongs to telling anyone else to leave

my sides
>>
>>3211856
You're mom is not retro.
>>
>>3211647
me again.

i'm a couple hours in now and it's fucking unnerving. this game is difficult but awesome. probs cause i went as a marine and mostly hacking. been adding to my hp and weapons tho. have no psy shit.
>>
>>3211076
>Deus Ex for the sake of argumentation.

Are you sure you don't mean...

...augmentation?
>>
>>3214778
For all intensive purposes, that's what OP prolly meant. Still could care less.
>>
File: shodan-trash.jpg (187 KB, 676x486) Image search: [Google]
shodan-trash.jpg
187 KB, 676x486
Top Tier:
System Shock (MS-DOS game, Apple music)

High Tier:
Deus Ex: GotY BAYBEEEE
System Shock 2

Mid Tier:
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Bioshock

Low Tier:
Bioshock 2
Deus Ex: Invisible War

Shit Tier:
Bioshock 3: Infinite
>>
>>3213692
>You're mom
>You're

You must be 18 or older to post here, or not an analphabet at least, apparently you cannot either read (the rules) or write properly.
>>
>>3213048
>Implying there are not shitty games in every existent genre
>Using the worst /v/ game as an argument in /vr/

Go back to /v/ and your shitty JRPGs unskilled faggot
>>
File: Red_Faction.jpg (23 KB, 330x400) Image search: [Google]
Red_Faction.jpg
23 KB, 330x400
>>
>>3214796
>falling for the stupidest bait
>>
>>3211076
Thief The Dark Project, and Thief 2 The Metal Age. The stealth mechanics were goat.

System Shock 2 is pretty nice, too. I feel the "training" system at the beginning could've been done better, though.
>>
>>3215518
The training thing is based on the pen and paper RPG "Traveller" where you do careers as your character generation. Its one of the few RPGs where you can die during character generation! If you take a risky career like the marines, and have low endurance, you can die... which makes sense over a 4 year career term.

In light of this, SS2 absolutely nailed the feel of Traveller char gen. It shouldn't be too long, but should give you some input on what kind of skills and abilities you will use for the rest of the game.
>>
>>3215524
>but should give you some input on what kind of skills and abilities you will use for the rest of the game.
why?
>>
>>3214790
>bioshock 2 that low

it was a better game than 1 in every way except story.
>>
cs1.6 is the one i put most hours on, specially on cyber cafes and bots since my internet was too garbage for online
i never enjoyed the multipayer much but it was very fun to play with bots and a few friends
quake 3 was very fun and it had an amazing quantity of good mods (urban terror, bid for power...)
>>
File: trio_logo_big.jpg (118 KB, 470x600) Image search: [Google]
trio_logo_big.jpg
118 KB, 470x600
Quake and SS2 shares first place for me. HL, Deus Ex, and Unreal come right after.

Not counting Thief 1/2 as fps.
>>
>>3215929
Thief is THE First Person Stealth (FPS) game. You're also shooting arrows, but that's not the goal anyway.
>>
File: 800px-Black_Ops_oldpromo.jpg (107 KB, 800x538) Image search: [Google]
800px-Black_Ops_oldpromo.jpg
107 KB, 800x538
>>3215937
>First Person Stealth
oh come on now anon
>>
>>3215950
I have to admit, I had Thief 1 and never made it even past the second mission. For some reason I completely failed to "get" the game. Heard only good things about it from people more capable than I am. Regardless, I thought the FPS thing was moderately funny, only reason I mentioned it.
>>
File: DescentII_DOS.jpg (50 KB, 442x442) Image search: [Google]
DescentII_DOS.jpg
50 KB, 442x442
>>
>>3214768
me again

got stuck for quite a while on the cargo bay 2 bullshit but now i'm past the circuit board in the command center. kept getting my ass handed to me by turrets. there's a lil room with stat ups that i can't get into and idk why but fuck it.
>>
Quake for singleplayer
Unreal Tournament for multiplayer
>>
>>3216202
>Not playing both, for both modes
>>
>>3215572
Bioshock 2 felt like an unimaginative rehash with worse everything. Why does it deserve being in the same tier as HR or BS?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.