[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sfc vs genesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: sfcvs.genesis.png (1005 KB, 1491x671) Image search: [Google]
sfcvs.genesis.png
1005 KB, 1491x671
What's the best looking console?
>>
Best looking? Super Famicom imo. Lancer Barr seemed to disagree though.
>>
>>3210530
*Lance Barr.

Damn Mitsubishi.
>>
>>3210524
Super Famicom/PAL SNES > Small Genesis/Mega Drive >> first big Genesis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Super Nintendo
>>
>>3210524
Mega Drive 1 > Super Famicom > Mega Drive 2 > SNES > Super Famicom Jr = SNES Mini > Genesis 3
>>
File: Sega-Genesis-Mod1-Bare.jpg (2 MB, 4020x2300) Image search: [Google]
Sega-Genesis-Mod1-Bare.jpg
2 MB, 4020x2300
>>3210524
Nothin gets sexier than this console
>>
>>3210612
They should really put headphone jacks on consoles again. Damn the nights I remember playing Sonic 3 with headphones so my mom couldn't catch me.
>>
The Super Famicom is a thing of beauty.

>>3210591
I dunno, I think the SFC Jr./SNES Mini is more attractive than the original blocky SNES.

Other than that, I agree with you for the most part even though I'd probably put the SFC on the same level as the model 1 Genesis.
>>
>>3210612
I concur. The OG genesis model is still sick af
>>
File: 1460451170167.png (5 KB, 274x242) Image search: [Google]
1460451170167.png
5 KB, 274x242
>>3210627
>Neighbors are throwing away an old small CRT
"Hey, why're you guys tossing that TV?"
>"The sound doesn't work, Anon"
"Oh, no problem for me"
>Take it home and just use the headphone jack and some decent Koss headphones
Felt good, especially since my brothers were hogging the other TV for PS1 sports games.
>>
>>3210627
why on the console? The console's delivering an audio + video signal anyway. Might as well pick it up on the destination of that signal, the TV
>>
>>3210654
I believe that particular genesis had stereo only through the headphone jack.
>>
>>3210659
that would be an acceptable reason, although it makes an audio setup so much more difficult. If you wanted to play this on a stereo TV you ... couldn't? Can't show one video signal and output a different audio signal (from the jack, into the TV), can you? Only option I see is a dedicated tuner/decoder for a speaker system, that the TV s connected to, and then connecting the console there too, and selecting the right audio signal. For that time that's audiophile territory
>>
>>3210654
They aren't making TVs with headphone jacks anymore
>>
>>3210703
audio in is occasionally available. And when not, it just strengthens what I tried to say, no? It's considerably more difficult to play that console with stereo output, because TVs aren't made for it at all.

So, what was the point of your message? Someone's wrong on the internet? Go eat some lead, shithead.
>>
>>3210712
Why the butthurt. I'm just pointing out facts and I think it'd just be a neat and useful addition to consoles.
>>
>>3210668
the solution is as simple as picking up a 3.5mm jack to stereo RCA y-cable and just ommit the mono audio cord on the a/v cord and us the y-cable instead
>>
>>3210732
Insecure people don't like to be corrected, anon.
>>
>>3210703
They do, the outputs are now generally on the back of the TV instead of on the front though.
>>
>>3210612
gotta agree i love genny model 1
>>
>>3210612
Yeah, fucking gorgeous
>>
SFC < Genesis < American SNES
>>
>>3210668
>If you wanted to play this on a stereo TV you ... couldn't?

You could use a simple jack->rca converter, and also stereo TVs weren't super commonplace in 1988.
>>
>>3210524
USA SNES >>>>> everything else
>>
>>3213871
you need to be more patriotic, anon. if you don't improve your mindless patriotism soon we'll have to deport you to hell. The nearest kill squad is on the way, so better step up your game quickly
>>
File: Chqj6dVVEAAAFHZ.jpg orig.jpg (281 KB, 788x1024) Image search: [Google]
Chqj6dVVEAAAFHZ.jpg orig.jpg
281 KB, 788x1024
Any of the PC Engines.
>>
>>3213897
last two look like PS2/3 rip-offs
>>
File: Chqj7RWUkAADv9F.jpg orig.jpg (273 KB, 791x1024) Image search: [Google]
Chqj7RWUkAADv9F.jpg orig.jpg
273 KB, 791x1024
>>3213903
The PC Engine was a PlayStation before the PlayStation was a thing.
>>
>>3213879
Not even American. I just love gray and purple.
>>
>>3213907
Their names are entirely different, and the PlayStation 4 exists. Where is your PC Engine 4? Best you can do is Doom 4 Engine on PC, which is not the same thing
>>
>>3213917
>The point
>Your head
The point is that the PC Engine was a CD-ROM based gaming console made by a consumer electronics company (NEC) competing against established video game manufacturers (Nintendo and Sega).
>>
>>3213925
we established already that the PC Engine ripped off the PS2/3 design. Quite telling that they went with CD-ROMs, while the systems they copied used DVDs and BDs
>>
>>3213903
You mean the PS2/PS3 look like PC Engine ripoffs.
>>
>>3213993
I meant what I said
>>
>>3210524
Prepare for CANCER!!!!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.