[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you preordering? STRANGE stuff ITT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: yesthatsawyvernfromterraria.png (447 KB, 1336x715) Image search: [Google]
yesthatsawyvernfromterraria.png
447 KB, 1336x715
Are you preordering?

STRANGE stuff ITT
>>
>>3210076
Now I'm curious. What even is this 'game'?
>>
>Yoshi riding what is clearly a slight edit of a sky dragon from Terarria
I'll pass.
>>
looks gay af bro
>>
Ive heard of this romhack. You play as smw yoshi sans mario, and theres dk barrels and things
>>
>>3210112
it's a hack for SMW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0SApLBKLNU
"a lot funner than looks!"
>>
>>3210175
Couldn't they at very least hack Yoshi's Island?

Anyway, romhacks being sold as games thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf_vtEdW2uw
>>
>>3210175
>Food hurts you on touch
Yoshi is anorexic?
>>
>>3210175
>Intro is the mkds version of rainbow road

Holy shit I'm downloading this.
>>
>>3210175

That doesn't seem too strange to me.
>>
>>3210175
>1:08
>suddenly fucking megaman 2 stage select
my fucking sides
>>
>>3210175
The music is using way too much sampling, sounds really crummy.
>>
>>3210076
So many things wrong in that one cover art.
>>
>>3210175
>Awful music
>Awful graphics
>Awful level design

I really fucking hate romhacks.
>>
>>3210175
that nigga is really using zsnes kek
>>
>>3211907
Full-on "new" games, yeah those are terrible.
Usually the only romhacks I even mess with are ones like the Castlevania 2 re-translation or the F-Zero one that allows you to practice any track.
>>
Nintendo is always fun
>>
>>3211907
>>3211948
The Sonic romhack community has actually pumped out some pretty interesting stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xln0a0HIX5Y
The music in act 2 is pretty cool, and the parallax scrolling in act 3 makes my dick hard.
>>
>>3210175
>dat zsnes at the beginning

Will this hack even work on a real system correctly?
>>
>>3211948
Those are pretty much the only types of romhacks I tolerate. Translations, bugfixes, and objective improvements.

Any romhack that tries to be a "new" game just makes me wish I was playing the original game made by competent developers.
>>
>>3211972
this looks really fucking good

makes you wonder why Sega doesn't hire fans to make their shit for them
>>
>>3211993
speaking of objective improvements, anybody know the name of that one Phantasy Star romhack that fixes tons of bugs and retranslates the game and stuff?
>>
>>3211972
>Even managed to ruin the "SEGA" voices
>Title screen sounds awful
>Music sounds like generic club music instead of something composed for the Genesis
The claustrophobic level design reminds me of Sonic CD. Doesn't really look interesting to play otherwise.
>>
>>3212012
To each their own, I guess. To me it was a brief, enjoyable experience despite it not being much more than a tech demo. It's probably the most polished romhack I've played though.
>>
>>3212003
They're rumoured to have in the past. At least twice.

Word on the street has it that they hired the guy who created jEnesisDS and the guy who made KGen to tool about with making Sonic Classic Collection and Sega Smash Pack PC, respectively.
>>
>>3210076
>room for one more on the sodomy train!
>>
>>3212012
Well it is a SCD hack
>>
>>3212003
The official Sonic CD/1/2 remakes have all been done by people from the Sonic hacking community.
>>
>>3210117
Is that what that is? I thought it was just a crude attempt at Falcor.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.