[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
need help remembering a old game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11
File: laura juri.png (2 MB, 1280x1548) Image search: [Google]
laura juri.png
2 MB, 1280x1548
lets use this thread to try to help other anons out on a game we played back in the day but cant remember the games name. i'll start

ps1 game
it was like twisted metal but this game took place underwater/the ocean with submarines instead of cars

ps1 game
i remember the intro being some kid living on a floating island with his grandpa(?) they had to use some gems to break off pieces of the land or the place would fall. in this one cut sense they are breaking off a part of the land but the boy jumps in the land falling off to save some baby birds

ps1 game
i only remember the gameplay being some man with a staff and he fights some skeletons and beasts. the skeletons wore robes and i think they were on fire
>>
File: 49735548883.jpg (61 KB, 482x359) Image search: [Google]
49735548883.jpg
61 KB, 482x359
>>3210053
>i only remember the gameplay being some man with a staff and he fights some skeletons and beasts. the skeletons wore robes and i think they were on fire

That perfectly describes Monkey Hero if you replace man with monkey.

Anyway, I remember playing a game either for SNES or Genesis (I'm not sure which) that you controlled a red oval character (like a strawberry or really just a ball) and he wore sunglasses. That's all I really remember about it, I only played it once I think.
>>
File: coolspot.jpg (31 KB, 510x393) Image search: [Google]
coolspot.jpg
31 KB, 510x393
>>3210092
Are you talking about Cool Spot? The 7up game?
>>
File: slus00428ad.jpg (53 KB, 575x382) Image search: [Google]
slus00428ad.jpg
53 KB, 575x382
>>3210053
You are referring to critical depth, great game made BY the twisted metal people. I would love to see this game remade the way twisted metal was. Using the shield, L1+R1 combo shots and the pod abilities was CRUCIAL to gettin' gud at this game. Not to mention you can find this game complete for under $10.
>>
>>3210053
>It was like twisted metal but this game took place underwater/the ocean with submarines instead of cars

Critical Depth
>>
>>3210119
Hey, that actually does look like it.
Thanks anon, I'll try it.
>>
>>3210053
lel
>>
Here's a game I'd like to know:

arcade, platform, ninja that can wall jump, cartoonish style

I've seen it once as a kid and never anymore
>>
>>3210053
Footfags are such trash tier fetishists/human garbage. Only rivaled by interracial, cuckold and BDSM shit-slurpers.
>>
>>3213682
>complaining about an extremely common fetish
If you aren't going to contribute to the thread, shut the fuck up.

Does anyone remember a DOS platformer where you are a wizard that shoots lightning out of your hands and collecting vials and treasure?
>>
>>3213717
>If you aren't going to contribute to the thread, shut the fuck up.
This is a shit thread. And your fetish sucks.
>>
>>3213717
Hocus Pocus
>>
>>3210053
>i remember the intro being some kid living on a floating island with his grandpa(?) they had to use some gems to break off pieces of the land or the place would fall. in this one cut sense they are breaking off a part of the land but the boy jumps in the land falling off to save some baby birds
>>
Stealing this thread for a question.

I'm trying to remember the name of a game in which NPC reacted realistically to player input and choice, it was in first person and IO think it was a PS1 game.

I don't remember much of it because I haven't played it and only saw a video, but graphically it was similar to old King's Field games
>>
>>3213682
That and they chose to draw SF's ugliest girls.
>>
File: The_Granstream_Saga_Coverart.png (143 KB, 256x254) Image search: [Google]
The_Granstream_Saga_Coverart.png
143 KB, 256x254
>>3210053
>i remember the intro being some kid living on a floating island with his grandpa(?) they had to use some gems to break off pieces of the land or the place would fall. in this one cut sense they are breaking off a part of the land but the boy jumps in the land falling off to save some baby birds

Sounds like Granstream Saga
>>
>>3210053
ps1 game
i only remember the gameplay being some man with a staff and he fights some skeletons and beasts. the skeletons wore robes and i think they were on fire

Nightmare creatures
>>
File: Heretic.png (342 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Heretic.png
342 KB, 1360x768
>>3213717
That would be Heretic.
>>
hijacking for more questions:

old mac maybe pc game, wireframe graphics where you control a ship on a spacestation and have to go out and shoot asteroids before they hit, then land the ship at the end of each mission.
>>
File: internet high 5.jpg (37 KB, 716x693) Image search: [Google]
internet high 5.jpg
37 KB, 716x693
>>3216456
>>3216630
>>3210124

thanks bros! i remember these games from the 90's when i was like 10yrs old but never got the names. i just YT the names and there they are
>>
>>3217792
What kind of madman high-fives with their fingers spread out?
>>
File: touhou pepe.png (332 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
touhou pepe.png
332 KB, 800x800
>>3217846
to lock hands in mid air
>>
I kind of remember this game on a demo disc for ps1. It was a beat em up. Anyways, i remember being on top of a subway car fighting enemies. Anyone got a lead for me?
>>
>>3213754
>>3213717

>This is a shit thread. And your fetish sucks.
Get the fuck of this really interesting thread that's perfect to waste 20 to 30 minutes each day on.
>>
>>3218272
It's probably way off but reminds me of urban chaos?
>>
'm trying to identify a DOS game from the early - mid 90's... can't for the life of me remember its name and it's driving me crazy.

It's a top down shooter style game where you are a robot. Each level is a series of floating platforms that are in outer space, if you die or fall off the level, you kinda fall back onto the level (it rushes up to you from below as such). Each level was not exactly linear, it was a big interconnecting map that you could clear in any desired order.

The only other thing I remember, is at the very start of it, there was a short 'cutscene' of your robot running on a treadmill kinda thing, then he stops and flies off the screen.

Apologies if this seems vague, I've been trying to remember the damn name for ages to play in Dosbox, and it's starting to piss me off.
>>
>>3217132
http://macintoshgarden.org/games/zoa-the-zone-of-avoidance
http://macintoshgarden.org/games/zone-warrior
>>
>>3210053
>Anonymous
The Second one Sounds like granstream saga
>>
>>3218272

Was it 2D or 3D?

Might be Fighting Force.
>>
>>3210053

ratting game villains on pure sex appeal Juri Han is up there for me.
>>
There's a MS-DOS graphic adventure I played around 2005 (but it was from the early 1990s for sure). It was some bloke from the future and I think he was the only/one of the few men still alive. I think there were robots and mad women who wanted to have sex with him (or hill hom I can't remember). I also remember that on the map, there was an option called "Eduardo's store" or something like that.
>>
>>3213682
True. On the other hand paw fetishism is the patrician version of the fetish.
>>
Okay, let's see. It was a ps1 game where you're an animu kid and you'd race RC cars. I think it was a Japan-only game. Also, their ears were Xboxhueg for some reason. Each car had its own special ability, some useless, some broken.
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>3213754
I don't like foot fetish stuff, though I think the OP's pic is still pretty hot. Regardless though this thread is pretty decent, I suppose you would rather this be another thread where people call each other names based on which castlevania games they like or something.

Also, looking for a game myself. I believe it was a windows shareware game, it came on one of those "a gazzillion games on one CD" things that were everywhere in the 90s. It was a very rough feeling adventure game with art work that looked a lot like the video for paranoid android by radiohead.
Pic related to video for those that haven't seen it.
>>
What's the game that lets me be Juri and Laura's bf
>>
34-san's faces have improved a lot. Good for him.
He does great feet and dickgirls.
>>
There was this breakout clone I used to play for an old version of windows where the blocks in the level were all in like different designs (like one was a car, etc)
>>
>>3210053
That pic keeps making me horny even though it's drawn like shit. Mods please delete this thread. I don't need unnecessary sexual tension
>>
File: clip2.gif (8 KB, 473x257) Image search: [Google]
clip2.gif
8 KB, 473x257
>>3220008
Maybe you mean Vinnie's Tomb?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.